Four different types of cultivators, what's the difference?

parad0x177

Re: Four different types of cultivators, what's the difference?

Post by parad0x177 »

Shintai wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:55 pm Note all the power harrows on the seeders are broken as well. They do nothing. Their standalone versions do however.
That they are. That is exactly how I learned that subsoilers bring up *lots* of large rocks! :frown: But, I’m also wondering (after watching some videos) if the map design can also fact into rock rates because Elm Creek doesn’t seem to produce nearly as many rocks as I saw in Haut-Bayleron.
fenixguy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:57 pm I did. He ignored weeds completely. I like Farmer Cop's videos a little better. He covers in 10 mins what MrSealyP does in 45. I have to watch MrSealyP's videos sped up to 2x because he is sooooo slow. LOL.
Good tip; thanks. I’ll have to go find those!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

disk harrows and direct seed drills that utilise disk harrows mounted on them (which is all three of them) cause weeds to grow back faster, than other methods of cultivating and seed drills that require cultivation beforehand (so long as the cultivating beforehand is NOT done with disk harrows)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

It's all explained in the Farming Simulator Academy.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=294
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

mackintosh wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:08 pm It's all explained in the Farming Simulator Academy.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=294
But it is wrong. Just look at the image. Small stones for ploughs and spaders?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Is it though? I always got small stones after plowing. The problem is that sometimes stones are bugged and rollers don't remove them. I've had that happen several times. Or maybe the rollers are bugged. The biggest one seems to be doing the job every time. Until we get some sort of an official bug list it's hard to tell what is a bug, what information is wrong and what is working as designed.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

mackintosh wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:17 pm Is it though? I always got small stones after plowing. The problem is that sometimes stones are bugged and rollers don't remove them. I've had that happen several times. Or maybe the rollers are bugged. The biggest one seems to be doing the job every time. Until we get some sort of an official bug list it's hard to tell what is a bug, what information is wrong and what is working as designed.
Example:
https://youtu.be/mycxGhQdJD0?t=472
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I'm going to check out Farmer Cop. I do get a charge out of MrSealyP, though. As for not covering weeds, by the time we've been in this for a couple of months, I'm betting he does cover it. There are a few subjects to cover, yes?
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

Apart from diggin up rocks or not and affecting weed generation speed, it seems shallow cultivators and disc make so called 'seedbed' with different soil gfx than normal cultivators. Even subsoilers in same subsoiler category make different soil types as result of working. Some make clean, cultivated soil while some make seedbed. It's really confusing.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I should mention that shallow cultivators don't remove stubble tillage, neither do subsoilers. For stubble tillage, you need a deep cultivator, roller, plow, or use a planter/seeder that can plant directly (no plowing or cultivating needed).
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

parad0x177 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:52 pm
Rickenbacker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 pm I haven't seen any small rocks, though. Every rock I see, no matter what dug it up, has to be picked up with the rock picker. The roller is supposed to push down "small" rocks, but I don't think those exist in the game.
You may want to go watch MrSealyP’s video on the subject on YouTube.

I don’t much on the weed issue yet, but with rocks, basically (I think): mulchers, disc harrows, power harrows, and shallow cultivators don’t bring up rocks. Deep cultivators and plows bring up small (rollable) rocks. Subsoilers and spaders bring up big (non-rollable) rocks.
I did watch his video on it, and the rocks he shows as "small" are the only ones I've seen. And the roller doesn't remove those.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Rickenbacker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 am I did watch his video on it, and the rocks he shows as "small" are the only ones I've seen. And the roller doesn't remove those.
The difference between “large” and “small” rocks is incredibly subtle, in my opinion. I was confused by it, too. I personally think the “large” ones need to be, well, larger.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Rickenbacker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:10 pm I haven't seen any small rocks, though. Every rock I see, no matter what dug it up, has to be picked up with the rock picker. The roller is supposed to push down "small" rocks, but I don't think those exist in the game.
They do. It's random though.
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl1wvY7TVuc

Farmer Klein's videos are probably the best out there on the topic, he also covers a few current bugs with them that maybe causing confusion.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I really like how Giants are differentiating between different machine types and cultivation methods using factors like stones, weeds and machine wear.

Once the system is patched and working as intended I think it will be great. A big step forward in making the game more strategic. (I'm speaking as a gamer not as a farmer. I couldn't get up early enough to be a farmer).