Loading pallets

kansas_dude

Loading pallets

Post by kansas_dude »

this took awhile.....think I should wait for a autoload (like the autoload pack that is on modhub for fs19)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mMiCJa]Image
Adamvet

Re: Loading pallets

Post by Adamvet »

Yes now is absolutely necessary to have autoload pallets.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I don't mind loading the pallets so I am not too anxious for auto load but I get that some people hate loading pallets. The thing I wish was there was straps on the forklift forks.. with more focus on pallet handling this time around, they really needed a realistic way for us to manage them when they are on the forks
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:10 pm The thing I wish was there was straps on the forklift forks.. with more focus on pallet handling this time around, they really needed a realistic way for us to manage them when they are on the forks
I don't think I have ever seen real life forklift forks with straps
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I actually have while waiting to get loaded. And *most* products dont slide around so easily. one or 2 pallets are fine but when you move stacks of rows 2 deep, they get a little slidy.. I don't like the idea of having some magic locking script or anything but irl if I was moving something that didn't stay put, I would grab a ratchet strap.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I just stacked 40-50 tomato pallets by hand because they kept sliding of the pallet forks, that was a lot of fun said no one ever. It was one of the reasons I gave up on certain production chains in FS19 (mods) because stacking pallets wasn't fun. Giants really needs to do something or it'll ruin the whole production chain feel.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

kansas_dude wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:40 pm I don't think I have ever seen real life forklift forks with straps
I haven’t seen it much either. But, with exceptionally valuable/important/rare/impossible-or-long-lead-to-replace stuff, I have seen straps around the vertical axis to hold the load against the fork back bars/uprights/whatever-you-want-to-call-them to hold it on the loader until it was done being moved. But, on the vast majority of loads, whether run-of-the-mill wood freight pallets, to multi-million dollar curiosities on custom (sometimes air droppable) pallets, friction on the forks, appropriate tilt-back, in conjunction with operator care and skill is all there is the vast majority of the time in my experience.

Which brings up what is probably the biggest challenge in the game to get right for (particularly) pallet and bale handling. They seem to have made a load of progress in the mass department with ‘22, but I think they still haven’t focused much on appropriate friction modeling. It’s probably either due to the difficulty of getting it right for all the different materials involved or to (continue to) let players not get punished (hilariously) for driving heavy equipment like Mini Coopers. Maybe both. But, I’m willing to bet that getting pallet friction dialed in better would make a load of difference. (Pun not originally intended, but I’ll take it anyway.) :smileynew:
epsilonion

Post by epsilonion »

I am giving up with pallets, what's the point in having a weight associated to wool pallets etc if they slide around like been on ice when on a forklift (going extremely slow).

Stacking pallets is a nightmare in this game and they should put a friction on them when they are stacked to heavier ones don't move as early as lighter ones