All my profits going to re-painting & repairs

deerefarm

All my profits going to re-painting & repairs

Post by deerefarm »

I don't know about you guys but all my profits, or a large part, are going to re-painting and repairing my tractors and equipment. FS 19 was ok as far as costs went, maybe a little on the cheap side, but FS22 is ridiculous. Even in real life these costs are outrageous especially on new vehicles. You don't buy a new tractor and expect to pay for a repaint in the first year, or even the first several years of operation. On our farm we had a couple of cans of spray paint from the dealer that we would use to touch up the odd deep scratch, but for the most part modern tractors have a good paint job that's hard to damage unless you scrape something. I would be mad as hell if I had to pay $10,000 a year to keep a tractor painted. Our tractors lasted years and years and never needed repainting. Some equipment like grain wagons, combines, and bailers would have paint removed in areas that experienced high volume throughput and would show the steel after several years of use. These areas were usually internal and you didn't bother repainting them.
Take a plow for example the moldboards would have all the paint removed by the earth as you plowed. We didn't repaint them as the paint would simply be removed the next plowing season, but we did put oil or grease on them to stop them from rusting too much during the off season.
As for routine maintenance, depending on the vehicle / implement it depended on the item. Grease, oil, filters, and belts were the main thing we had to replace on a regular basis. You were looking at hundreds of dollars a year not thousands. Watch Millennial Farmer and then tell me how much Zack spends on regular maintenance. On occasion his tractors break down and do have an expensive repair bills, but none of them are brand new. So repair bills should be incremental depending on the age of the vehicle and not thousands in the first year.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
GrimGandalf

Re: All my profits going to re-painting & repairs

Post by GrimGandalf »

I agree with ya. I feel like the repair costs should be halved across the board. Either that or the time before they need repaired should be doubled. Used vehicles are incredibly fast at needing repaired
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

i manually doubled repait time and it still feels to fast compared to FS19 with seasons. I ignore repainting, as it's irrelevant anyways and i like euipment with the used looks way more.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Why are you repainting?
tecto

Post by tecto »

You can use this mod:
https://farmingsimulator22mods.com/redu ... v1-0-fs22/

This mod decreases prices by a half. If you want you can edit "ReduceMaintenanceCosts.lua" file and edit it per your need to lower the costs even more.
You need just edit these two lines. "2" means that the cost is divided by 2 so if you put e.g. "4" current costs will be divided by 4.

Code: Select all

function ReduceMaintenanceCosts:getRepairPrice(superFunc)
	return superFunc(self) / 2;
end;

function ReduceMaintenanceCosts:getRepaintPrice(superFunc)
end;
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Never repaint. Complete waste of money and so unbalanced.
Wait for a fix.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

tecto wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:20 pm You can use this mod:
https://farmingsimulator22mods.com/redu ... v1-0-fs22/

This mod decreases prices by a half. If you want you can edit "ReduceMaintenanceCosts.lua" file and edit it per your need to lower the costs even more.
You need just edit these two lines. "2" means that the cost is divided by 2 so if you put e.g. "4" current costs will be divided by 4.

Code: Select all

function ReduceMaintenanceCosts:getRepairPrice(superFunc)
end;

function ReduceMaintenanceCosts:getRepaintPrice(superFunc)
end;
Thank you very much mate. Didn't know about this mod.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Thanks for the link to the mod. I haven't been repainting anyway as I see no difference in performance between scratched up and fully painted. I also notice that the "big" brand name vehicles don't actually show any wear and tear even though the game says it requires $15,000 to repaint the vehicle. I guess John Deere and Case IH don't want there vehicles looking all banged up. Bad for their brands.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I bought a second hand Class Axion 800 at a big discount. It had 35hrs on the clock. By 38.1hrs repair gauge was well in the red and it would no longer move my beet harvester and topper. Repair was €6274.

Repaint cost was €14000. But inspection of the tractor shows body work and wheels in great condition. The only wear and tear was to 3 point mech and cab steps.

I like all these features. It's good there are downsides to buying second hand. Expensive modern equipment should cost more to maintain than lower tech older stuff. On the other hand it detracts from the new farmer role-playing experience because it seems unrealistic and unrealistically expensive.

So definitely some rebalancing required.
player1s

Post by player1s »

I'm by no means an expert but a full repaint in real life is expensive too. Unless you do a lot of prepare work yourself. With all the work involved the repaint is probably pretty realistic but also pretty useless in game since it serves no real purpose.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Just an addendum to my post above.

I've checked - On Seasons 19 my Fendt did 35 hours work in a year and had a repair bill of £600. This compares with my Axion 800 - 3.1 hours for €6000.

The decimal point has been shifted one place on both the hours and the cost.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am Just an addendum to my post above.

I've checked - On Seasons 19 my Fendt did 35 hours work in a year and had a repair bill of £600. This compares with my Axion 800 - 3.1 hours for €6000.

The decimal point has been shifted one place on both the hours and the cost.
Equally fuel on the other hand seems to be 10x less.
Nishma Agri Mods

Post by Nishma Agri Mods »

the repairs are a bit stupid. the fact i had to spend 10k to fix my tractor before i even had to put fuel in it ..

The used equipment penalty is just plain stupid i think. The only thing that should change with the second hand machines is the price and the paint condition.

EG- i bought a used 8rx with 7hrs on the clock this tractor needs repairs if i look at it a bit funny let alone if a dare use it.
and dont even get me started on depreciation of equipment . i know things loose value but in 22 they loose value like rocks wrapped in lead.

This is just usual giants game design , have an idea make half of it work pretty well and give us the other half in FS24/5
bit like the gear box we could use a extra set of ranges Ford Dual power anyone ?? and i am sure there are many other tractors with 2 sets of ranges and a set of gears. Hydro static drive systems are also missing (tbh cvt kinda works well here).

we can only hope giants do something about this or we just wait patiently for the usual hero`s to fix all the silly things with fs 22 and make it what giants should have made it . same as 19 was and 17-15-13-11-9 i am sure you get the idea. Modders to the rescue !!
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

You know all this is in response to people constantly whining that the game was far too easy and you become a millionaire far too quickly and then have nothing to do? It's a complaint as old as the game itself. Well, there you go, they finally made it harder.