Things to avoid until the next patch

MrSquealypig

Things to avoid until the next patch

Post by MrSquealypig »

Trying to put together a list of features that can break your game until the next patch is released.

The main ones I've seen people posting about are:

-bunker silos (can't be fully emptied)
-big bags (glitching out)
-greenhouse/honey pallets spawning on top of each other and pushing the bottom pallet under the ground

Share any others you've come across below so people can enjoy the parts of the game that are working
benjaprud

Re: Things to avoid until the next patch

Post by benjaprud »

Trees can glitch while cutting them into logs. Make sure to save your game before doing so.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Avoid planting grass with the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S. The seed comes out like water. All other crops seem to be fine with it
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
garyst

Post by garyst »

Can't sell more than 4 round cotton modules at the spinnery. After using a mulcher patches of the crop you mulched with start growing back in the field, also after mulching weeds will grow back in the field but herbicide will not kill the weeds. If you take Seasonal Growth off before the first winter most of the fields you don't own will wither or stay stuck in the state it was in when you turned it off and never change again. I even tried buying some of the fields, cultivating them and reselling them to see if it would somehow reset them and they would start working again but it hasn't. :sadnew: also tried putting Seasonal Growth back on but still nothing.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

-Goldcrest Valley train harvest contracts not completing
-Harvest contracts with no fertilizer on field prior to harvest not completing, I think 50% fertilized sometimes does not complete as well.
-Start from scratch(Hard) game mode is like it says hard, do to equipment repairs ,paint cost and worker fees. Not necessarily broken just be aware its easier to go bankrupt then previous game versions. One will have to be frugal and patient to survey on this setting. You should only use workers for short task like moving equipment from A to B. I hate to see someone invest countless hours in a save only to realize there in over there head, but it is doable and fun if you can pull it off.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I think the problem might be loose silage in general, I dropped some onto the grass from a trailer and it went solid there too.
dirtyduckuk

Post by dirtyduckuk »

garyst wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:01 pm Can't sell more than 4 round cotton modules at the spinnery. After using a mulcher patches of the crop you mulched with start growing back in the field, also after mulching weeds will grow back in the field but herbicide will not kill the weeds. If you take Seasonal Growth off before the first winter most of the fields you don't own will wither or stay stuck in the state it was in when you turned it off and never change again. I even tried buying some of the fields, cultivating them and reselling them to see if it would somehow reset them and they would start working again but it hasn't. :sadnew: also tried putting Seasonal Growth back on but still nothing.
I’ve never switched off seasonal growth and in my save game 90% of the fields not owned by me are stuck in a withered state.

I’ll also add That I’ve started a new game and still the issues persist. Not game breaking but ruins the immersion
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

I put a bunker silo on the starter farm on the USA map and it did leave some silage but it was very little. I was able to use the leveling/painting tool to fix it so that the silo could be reused.

Harvesting contracts for me have all worked except cereal crops that leave straw. So either I don't accept them or I keep the grain for myself and build up a bad rap for myself in town.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I bought a field next to my starting farm in France. It had oats on it, however I wasn't able to harvest, despite it being the correct month on the crop calendar. Fortunately it became ready to harvest the next month, I would fear losing crops that only have a one month harvest window...
Farmer BarleyMow

Post by Farmer BarleyMow »

GrimGandalf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm Avoid planting grass with the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S. The seed comes out like water. All other crops seem to be fine with it
Wish I had seen this an hour ago. I bought mine second hand. Thought I'd been robbed, even got out the cab to check if there was a football sized hole in the tank.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My list:
- Contracts for grains that produce straw
- Planting grass with seeders that cultivate
- Greenhouses set to sell all the time so I don't have to deal with pallets

Stuff I avoid until mods come out
- Forestry in general
- TMR production and thus cattle
- Silage production other than wrapped bales
BigJ2016

Post by BigJ2016 »

Also, the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S gives a "Seedbed" texture on the field when planting grass with it. wish i had seen the bug report about the sower...... just spent almost 15000 liters of seeds.........
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

GrimGandalf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm Avoid planting grass with the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S. The seed comes out like water. All other crops seem to be fine with it
Same for the Kuhn. There's something wrong with grass seed for sure.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

- Purchasing the game.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun at the moment.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Guil

Post by Guil »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:43 pm - Purchasing the game.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun at the moment.
Don't buy it then :lol: