Things to avoid until the next patch

Riven326

Re: Things to avoid until the next patch

Post by Riven326 »

- Don't buy the game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:43 pm - Purchasing the game.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun at the moment.
Good one dude. Probably true though, remember like all the posts from like two weeks ago where people couldn’t even buy the game from the giants website? :lol: Even purchasing the game is bugged.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Only major issue I've had so far (PS4 Pro) was assigning a worker to drive tractor/trailer back from a sell point on Elmcreek to a field I was contract harvesting - game completely froze. Luckily I had the patience to wait it out (hadn't saved in a while) and it eventually recovered. AI worker jack-knifed near the farm, about half the distance he should have driven.

Not had any problems with harvest contracts so far - I was wary after reading about the problems on here. I started with a 50% fertilised field (56) with no weeds and netted an excess of 12,000 litres of Canola. I then risked it with a field with 0% fert and no weeds and then one with weeds and all were fine. I make sure to complete the harvest before completing the bulk of the delivery. I have seen the contracts come up for crops that have withered however.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Pallets:
On PS4 be conservative with the number of pallets you are handling. 40 pallets on a semi trailer will drastically cut the frame rate. If the screen freezes, be patient because the PS4 will catch up.
cprieto

Post by cprieto »

At least in XBox:

- Avoid any contract where you have to sold grain to Marissonne, it will never be marked as completed (already reported, got notification it will be included in the upcoming patch)
- Sell cotton... You cannot sell more than a few bales in the Spinery, after that somehow selling cotton get stuck (now I have a few bales there waiting for a patch :sadnew: )
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

I have been buying farming simulator since 2013 with every new release there have always been bugs but this fs22 stuff has no comparison. fire all programmers
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Nah, it's about as bugged as 15 was on release. Pallets getting stuck, bale physics slightly off, invisible bumps in fields - those were the hallmarks of FS 15. Everything else has been more or less on par with previous releases.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

The bugs are not any different than 17 and 19 were on release.
and like with those two I put a few hours on it but I am going back to 19 for a while until the game is stable and Courseplay is out for it, Giant AI is still a complete game killer for me.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

Bugs happen and glitches are expected. I however don't like the rate of crop growth. A lot of people are stating the same thing. I buy a couple reasonable plots and lease equipment to save on large expenses. Between the lease payment and interest, I'm going bankrupt while trying to wait and harvest a crop.
BSturkie

Post by BSturkie »

Miketeg wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 pm
GrimGandalf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm Avoid planting grass with the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S. The seed comes out like water. All other crops seem to be fine with it
Same for the Kuhn. There's something wrong with grass seed for sure.
It's not the equipment it is the seed usage giants has for grass seed. Way too high. Go into fruit types .xml and adjust it to your liking.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

BSturkie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 pm
GrimGandalf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:53 pm Avoid planting grass with the Vaderstad Rapid A 800S. The seed comes out like water. All other crops seem to be fine with it
It's not the equipment it is the seed usage giants has for grass seed. Way too high. Go into fruit types .xml and adjust it to your liking.
I’ve planted grass with a few other things and the only one that poured out like water was the Vaderstad. The Kuhn may do it as well but I didn’t try that one. It’s definitely the machine.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
speedbrake

Post by speedbrake »

GrimGandalf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:17 pm
BSturkie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 pm

I’ve planted grass with a few other things and the only one that poured out like water was the Vaderstad. The Kuhn may do it as well but I didn’t try that one. It’s definitely the machine.
I've planted grass with the Kuhn and it was excessive as well. I also planted grass with the small weeder that allows grass planting (forgot the name) and it behaved normally. Like I could do 1/3 of a field with its 200 liter tank.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Play the game as a beta where you need to restart. Else do not play. That is my suggestion.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

BigBadAllis wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:20 pm Bugs happen and glitches are expected. I however don't like the rate of crop growth. A lot of people are stating the same thing. I buy a couple reasonable plots and lease equipment to save on large expenses. Between the lease payment and interest, I'm going bankrupt while trying to wait and harvest a crop.
Why are you sitting on leased equipment you are not using that day?
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Long term leases don't work like they do in 19, daily fees are much more expensive, it's not worth keeping equipment you won't use in the next couple days unless it's something super inexpensive like a 3m cultivator or front loader tool

- Grain cart filled with a fill type dumping into a trailer that has a different fill type. Had a Wilson loaded with wheat and the grain cart had oats. Left the pipe out and drove by, grain cart dumped the oats into the Wilson and deleted all the wheat. Be careful when switching crops
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!