Fs22 grafix settings that has the most impact?

Azfoor

Fs22 grafix settings that has the most impact?

Post by Azfoor »

What settings has the most impact in performance because I'm kind of fps nerd and want to keep the fps over 70 of I can. I get well over 70 when I'm not at the yard and around 65-75 at the yard and sometimes it dips down to 60. And it dosent matter what settings I change the fps stays almost the same and gpu usage is att 99% all the time. I'm running a Ryzen 3600x and a overklocked gtx 1070 OC. Anny ideas?
benjaprud

Re: Fs22 grafix settings that has the most impact?

Post by benjaprud »

Ditch any MSAA if not done already.
I like my GPU cool and quiet (1080Ti @ 4K60) so I went starting from the high preset, set 3D resolution scaling to 80% and then went to crank up the rendering distances (foliage, LOD, objects) and tesselation. The resolution scaling makes a massive difference and coupled with TAA it doesn't make that much visual difference. You have to embrace the slightly blurry look but I kind of like it personally.
I also removed foliage shadows but that was more for aesthetical reasons than for performance.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

benjaprud wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm Ditch any MSAA if not done already.
I like my GPU cool and quiet (1080Ti @ 4K60) so I went starting from the high preset, set 3D resolution scaling to 80% and then went to crank up the rendering distances (foliage, LOD, objects) and tesselation. The resolution scaling makes a massive difference and coupled with TAA it doesn't make that much visual difference. You have to embrace the slightly blurry look but I kind of like it personally.
I also removed foliage shadows but that was more for aesthetical reasons than for performance.
How can we remove blurry look? :confusednew:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

How can we remove blurry look?
If you don't like the blurry look, disable TAA and don't set 3D resolution scaling below 100%. You'll have some aliasing though (jagged edges and flickery pixels). You could go with MSAA instead but that's a performance killer.
Last edited by benjaprud on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Azfoor wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:00 pm What settings has the most impact in performance because I'm kind of fps nerd and want to keep the fps over 70 of I can. I get well over 70 when I'm not at the yard and around 65-75 at the yard and sometimes it dips down to 60. And it dosent matter what settings I change the fps stays almost the same and gpu usage is att 99% all the time. I'm running a Ryzen 3600x and a overklocked gtx 1070 OC. Anny ideas?
I'm running a EVGA 1070 GTX, with a i7 8700k 3.7ghz.

I have TAA switched off (hate that blurry look personally, makes me want to keep rubbing my eyes) I have everything else on max except the "resolution scaling" which is set to 100%.

I get between 59-75 fps on Elmcreek and between 55-70 fps on Erlengrat.

Resolution scaling seems to be a massive fps killer, after that foliage density is generally the next biggest fps hungry setting. Although turning it down in 22 didn't save much fps.

I prefer to run plenty of MSAA to get rid of the jagged edges and pixelated textures.

I do only run at 1920 x 1080 res.

It does seem to really depend on what GPU and CPU your running. As all my friends playing Farm Sim use different settings to achieve a balanced quality versus performance result.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

faruk9154 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:49 pm
How can we remove blurry look? :confusednew:
counter TAA with nvidia sharpening, 30-40% should be enough
also ambient occlusion and shadows are generally the biggest impact to fps, so is MSAA but thats off by default
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

You mind post a screenshot of your settings and I can fine tune from there?
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

You mind post a screenshot of your settings and I can fine tune from there?
Here's what works for my taste so far :

Additionally you can crank the rendering distances even further by editing the file at C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\game.xml
I've set <foliageViewDistanceCoeff> to 3.000000 which would correspond to 300% in the menu (which will still show 200%). I'm still cranking up the viewing distances slowly over time until I'm satisfied with them.
These are conservative settings since I don't like having my GPU pegged at 100% all the time (I may never be able to afford a newer one and these things cost mighty blood and tears). Instead I go for a lighter setting so I can get a quiet GPU and a constant 60fps.
I definitely embraced the slightly blurry TAA look which may look awkward to some. I first encountered that look (TAA + upscaling) on RDR2 and it's grown on me since, it has a kind of soft and natural look. It's a great result for the performance. It may look too blurry if you're playing at 1080p.

Edit : Note this is on Elmcreek. I get some CPU related stutters on Erlengrat which I suspect is due to the generous drawing distances I use.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

benjaprud wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:34 pm
Thank you for that. Now I got 80fps where I before had 65 and it doesn't look noticeably different. So great advice! 👍 And I don't mind running my gpu at 99% if the fps keeps up. And it only reach 72c anyway and im planing to buy a new card when I've saved enough money!
Last edited by Azfoor on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

benjaprud wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:58 pm
How can we remove blurry look?
If you don't like the blurry look, disable TAA and don't set 3D resolution scaling below 100%. You'll have some aliasing though (jagged edges and flickery pixels). You could go with MSAA instead but that's a performance killer.
Where does MSAA open? I couldn't find it. :confusednew:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

Where does MSAA open? I couldn't find it.
Multisampling anti-aliasing in the advanced settings.

I prefer to run plenty of MSAA to get rid of the jagged edges and pixelated textures.

I do only run at 1920 x 1080 res.

It does seem to really depend on what GPU and CPU your running. As all my friends playing Farm Sim use different settings to achieve a balanced quality versus performance result.
Yes I tend to see it as expensive, it really is at 4k resolution. It's much easier to afford at 1080p, and maybe more beneficial as well.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

This makes me wonder.. what was performance like in 19 with the same setups above ^ My ryzen7 and 2080super work a LOT less with 22 than 19.. The workload splits between more than a single core which keeps my cpu usage way lower. I am running 1200x3840 resolution on max everything and I havent taken any fps hit at all. I am playing on Elm Creek and have... idk... probs 100 pieces (-/+) in my entire fleet stored all at 1 farm.. so far the game hasn't pushed me near 100% usage.. I was just wondering if 19 was better or worse performance wise.. I know 19 was considerably more resource hungry than 17 but it seems maybe they resolved some of these issues.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:17 am This makes me wonder.. what was performance like in 19 with the same setups above ^ My ryzen7 and 2080super work a LOT less with 22 than 19.. The workload splits between more than a single core which keeps my cpu usage way lower. I am running 1200x3840 resolution on max everything and I havent taken any fps hit at all. I am playing on Elm Creek and have... idk... probs 100 pieces (-/+) in my entire fleet stored all at 1 farm.. so far the game hasn't pushed me near 100% usage.. I was just wondering if 19 was better or worse performance wise.. I know 19 was considerably more resource hungry than 17 but it seems maybe they resolved some of these issues.
Personally I've found 22 worse for performance over Fs19 so far with the same graphic settings.

But it's probably not helped my GeForce 1070 GTX is an older GPU. Among my friends the ones with the newer cards seem to get much better FPS. Or in some cases the same FPS with slower GPUs.

So it seems 22 has been designed to work with the newer GPUs far more.

What has been better is even when having lots of machinery in 1 spot I don't get any FPS drops.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

it also doesnt help that the most resource intensive setting: SSAO reverts to very high no matter what u do
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

GrandTickler wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:51 pm it also doesnt help that the most resource intensive setting: SSAO reverts to very high no matter what u do
I have not experienced that actually. I have it of and it stays of 🤔