Re: Double Wages for AI?

Post by GrimHuffer »

BSturkie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:13 am
GrimHuffer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:03 am
FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:30 pm
On mod hub or third party?

This one?...
https://fs22.com/farming-simulator-22-m ... v0-1-beta/
Thanks for mentioning that mod, I had yet to see it. I've edited the file a little and I now have an hourly rate of roughly 20 [currency] per hour, much more appealing.
Yes I have mine set to around $30 per hour. I buy them lunch because of all the money I'm saving.
Hey, don't be spreading that around...I'll have no workers left!
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Perfect, now I can exploit them and make deductions for when they mess up or leave me with tidying up to do.

Is there still no way for the ai to do baling?
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Not as far as I'm aware, which is a shame. Maybe when Giants develop it a little more.
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Still the pinching straw from contracts mod is a bonus. I'll take it
BSturkie

Post by BSturkie »

wildberry wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:37 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:16 pm the orange note at the end was just the total of what you had paid them. The money actually paid was taken out as they did the work.
Just back from another hour and actually not only goes the money down when the helper is active, also at the end of the hour the orange amount in top right corner is also deducted from the money I have, so, yes, paying them double! Was this ever the case in FS19 and I just didnt notice this AI helper scam?
What you see every hour is just the total wages paid for the previous hour. It's not deducted from your money twice. Just for information.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

BSturkie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:05 pm What you see every hour is just the total wages paid for the previous hour. It's not deducted from your money twice. Just for information.
I followed my AI helpers closely all day and you guys are right, there is no double payment, I stand corrected :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

wildberry wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:49 pm :hi:

that's what I thought too... but on FS22 it still is deducting while AI helper active, then again at end of every hour. Might it be because I installed on my D drive? My C drive is full, will only get a new PC next year or so... been having lots of issues with my mods too ugh
That might be the cause of it, yeah.
I’m paying double for my workers when my PS5 is in the bedroom, but as soon as I place it in the living room, things seem to be okay
Ignorance is bliss
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Lol!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:58 pm That might be the cause of it, yeah.
I’m paying double for my workers when my PS5 is in the bedroom, but as soon as I place it in the living room, things seem to be okay
Get a smaller bedroom, it takes them to long to cross it, no wonder double pay :hi: :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Calcspar

Post by Calcspar »

BSturkie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm Guys there is a mod that has been released that allows you to adjust the ai wages. If you are on PC.

This one?...
Thanks for mentioning that mod, I had yet to see it. I've edited the file a little and I now have an hourly rate of roughly 20 [currency] per hour, much more appealing.
Can you please tell me how you edited the file? I have tried everything and cannot get it to change the wage at all (coding newb).
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Calcspar wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:00 pm

This one?...
Can you please tell me how you edited the file? I have tried everything and cannot get it to change the wage at all (coding newb).
Hope the author of the mod [HappyLooser] doesn't mind me sharing this.

Download mod > install to mod folder (Documents > My Games > Farming Simulator 2022 > mods) > open zip and find 'AICost.lua' (I use 7-Zip so I can edit without unzipping, not sure what you use, you might have to unzip/extract first. Also, if the computer is asking for a program to open the .lua file with, most text programs will work, Notepad for example)

When you have the AICost.lua file open scroll down a little and find 'function AIJob:getPricePerMs(superFunc)'

On the next line it says 'return' and then a number. This is the number you want to edit.

I've already changed mine so I'm not sure what the original value is. For me, I use a value of '0.000006' (that's five zeros after the decimal). That gives me an AI cost of 20 (sometimes 19) per hour (at least it did prior to the new patch, I need to play some more and test because Giants have said they have adjusted AI costs so I'm not sure if what they changed will mean modifying that number to give the same cost as before).

Adjust the number to how you want, raise it and AI cost will increase, lower it and they will go down. I've not gone to extremes (mega low/no AI cost) but I'm spent nearly 200 hrs on this map (although not all played with the mod installed the majority of it has been) and I have had zero issues.

Again, as usual, save a backup of the mod file/zip before editing and I'd also save a copy of your save game file in case, for some reason, you need to restore it.
Calcspar

Post by Calcspar »

Thanks for the response! I have tried editing it in the same manner, the mod author said how to in one of the mod posts but I could not get the wage rates to change regardless of how I edited the number, higher or lower.
I realized later that the game had been updated so perhaps something changed on that end? Not sure but thanks again!
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Calcspar wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 am Thanks for the response! I have tried editing it in the same manner, the mod author said how to in one of the mod posts but I could not get the wage rates to change regardless of how I edited the number, higher or lower.
I realized later that the game had been updated so perhaps something changed on that end? Not sure but thanks again!
NP Calcspar. *thumbsup*

Unfortunately, the new patch has changed something and the mod now no longer works. Like you say, it doesn't matter what number you choose to enter, it's kaput. I usually run at x1 time and it seems locked at 1,800 credits per hour, speed time up and the cost per hour goes down (to what number I'm not yet sure, if you play on x2 speed does it cost 50% less than at x1 speed?...etc.).

Hopefully the author, or someone else, can release an update to the mod.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

AICost mod has been updated, now works with patch 1.2.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Curious about this- just started playing 22 on PS5, and it seems like I am paying $1 per second? I can't even afford to hire workers at that rate.
Old fat guy with a day job...