Help please. New pc player and I messed up my mod folder

JTA91

Help please. New pc player and I messed up my mod folder

Post by JTA91 »

Hello everyone,

I am a new pc player, just moved onto 19 from console, and I need help. Frankly I'm a very noob pc player here.

In my infinite wisdom, I thought I would change my fs19 mods folder name to "fs19 Mods" so I wouldnt get future fs22 mods mixed in. Well, needless to say, that didn't go so well.

I have learned that once I renamed my "mods" folder, my fs19 would not read the folder anymore, thus losing all of my mods, save games, etc.

And I cant rename my folder. Because it generated another "mods" folder under the game.

So, I went to my fs19mods folder I had jsut renamed, copied all of my mods, and pasted them into the new empty "mods" folder under the game, and yes, I got back on my game with all of my mods.

After this, I went ahead and deleted my "fs19mods" folder, that still had all my original downloads.

Now, I notice that when I am playing, (flint hills is my main map right now) the game is stuttering a lot, more than normal, switching to cab view lags, the game as a whole takes a very long time to load, my framerates are pretty rough in most spots where it wasn't before.

Do I need to just do a full uninstall, of all mods and games, and start from scratch again?

Any help is appreciated, if this is the wrong place to post this question then moderators please move this post where it needs to be. Again, im new to the PC game, so all advice is welcome.

Thanks!
PrincessJessi84

Re: Help please. New pc player and I messed up my mod folder

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

open your log.text and see what is throwing errors. Probably something simple and easily corrected. If you post your log.text on here in a spoiler, someone will surely come along and point you in the right direction. You can find your log.text in My or This PC/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/log.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

PrincessJessi84 thankyou for the response,

I haven't looked at my log before, just now have time to, and i have found a LOT of mods with errors. I am going to remove all of these and see what happens. Ill do some more digging and if i still get stuck, i will post my log and try to get my issue as clear as I can. Thankyou for taking the time to help me out!

Jake
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

This is extremely easily fixed, and I'll give you two ways.
1 : delete the new mods folder, and rename the old one back to mods.

2 : open the folder you renamed, select all files, press ctrl+x then go to the new mods folder and press ctrl+v and you have then moved the files between the folders.

Option 1 is easiest.

And, don't worry about fs22 modfolder, as they won't be in the same place. Fs22 will make a new folder under my games.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

Thankyou!!!!