Base game pickup truck not useable

Bobbydj1980

Base game pickup truck not useable

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

What's up with this it won't attach to any thing I'll be glad when some good pickup truck mods come out because the base game ones are horrible
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Base game pickup truck not useable

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

What won't it connect to? Which one? I've had no problem with the 2017 pickup. It even throws a 5th wheel in the back automatically when you connect to the new horse trailer. I thought that was pretty cool.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the pickup wont hook up to anything like it has in the past.. It seems limited to a ball hitch (or the fifth wheel? I havent used the new truck or that trailer yet) which isnt much of a stretch, especially for the older smaller truck. Even hauling the small water tanker with that truck (7200L I think) would destroy it with a weight of almost 16,000 pounds not counting the weight of the trailer.. weight (vehicles, crops, so on) in the game seems much weightier and more realistic than in previous versions so it begs to reason that even the smaller stuff currently in the game, would be far too much for the older truck and likely even too much for the heavier truck and irl wouldn't even be attempted by anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
garyst

Post by garyst »

Just wish it would let me at least pull header wagons with it.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I can't disagree with that.. idk if it was realistic or not but I have always used the pickup to haul my headers around.

Edited to say I can't disagree with that. I love using the pickup to haul the header trailers around. Just a typo
Last edited by PrincessJessi84 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

But how is it possible that the pickup won't connect to the header trailer when the quads can? 🤔Because I have pulled the header trailer with the quad. I have to try the pickup when I get to my pc.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I mean it just sounds like giants need to add a full size American pickup and then everyone will be happy. Honestly not sure why they haven’t done that for the base game yet.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
crash

Post by crash »

There is a lot of small stuff that don't make sense. Like the convey all trailer, it would be perfect for lime. And lime and fert is what it is used for out in the real worl, not a seed cart, Thats another thing missing from the game.. But does the convey all take lime from the lime station? No sir, can't do that! :sadnew:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
garyst

Post by garyst »

crash wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 pm There is a lot of small stuff that don't make sense. Like the convey all trailer, it would be perfect for lime. And lime and fert is what it is used for out in the real worl, not a seed cart, Thats another thing missing from the game.. But does the convey all take lime from the lime station? No sir, can't do that! :sadnew:
Agree I turned off lime just because the convey all trailer wouldn't hold it. But either way the semi's probably wouldn't pull it anyway because of how easy they loose traction now. Disappointed the unverferth seed tender wasn't included in fs22. Hate loading pallets of seed on a trailer. Can't wait until 82 studio gets his tlx 3500 pickup converted for fs22. Hopefully he can figure a way for the hitch to attach to the header trailers as well.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

garyst wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:51 am Agree I turned off lime just because the convey all trailer wouldn't hold it. But either way the semi's probably wouldn't pull it anyway because of how easy they loose traction now. Disappointed the unverferth seed tender wasn't included in fs22. Hate loading pallets of seed on a trailer. Can't wait until 82 studio gets his tlx 3500 pickup converted for fs22. Hopefully he can figure a way for the hitch to attach to the header trailers as well.
Hopefully he can figure a way around the no fantasy brand part of the guidelines now as well lol
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I realised pretty soon that the pickup truck was a bit superfluous, and sold it fairly early on (I think it goes for £17,500?) to use the money towards some more land.

In the real world, farmers tend to own and use a pickup truck, or a Land Rover van/station wagon, just for a bit of comfort and speed, and especially if the market (eg a cattle market for a dairy farmer - to take a bunch of bull calves every so often) is a long distance away. Daily trips to check on stock in outlying fields can be much more economically done on a road-legal quad; and anything a LR can tow, a tractor can too (there is a slide in attachment to the hitch which has a 50mm ball for this purpose). You'd probably need a 1m extension cable for the electrics though.

Every dairy farmer I know also has a Land Rover or Range Rover for a "car", which is never used on the farm because if it was, inevitably it would stink after about 30 mins of use.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

garyst wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 pm Just wish it would let me at least pull header wagons with it.
Yep that was a nice feature in the old games. In real life farmers use their pickup truck to pull header trailers all the time. Now I have to use my Gator or a tractor to pull the header trailers.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms