Semi trucks physics are broken!

Sonek4

Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by Sonek4 »

Every time you get your semi truck with any heavy semi trailler attached to it and tries to turn you'll certainly get stuck no matter if the ground is flat or not.
Why does this happens?
My guess is that vehycle physics needs some serious fixes regarding semi trucks.
Back in FS 19 it was an issue already and nothing was done to fix it.
Now we're having the same trouble and it went worse because now you get stuck in a way that completely spoil the fun.
There is too many problems whyle driving a loaded semi truck in FS22 and those problems need to be addressed and fixed or it will be just forgotten as it was back on FS19!
I wonder why Giants doesn't seems to care much about goods transporting whyle it is obviously one of the most important aspects of farming! There must be some who likes to transport theyr goods in small traillers pulled by tractor but i bet the majority does it by trucks and semi trucks.
With this thread i want to know if someone else is having this trouble, if Giants are aware of it and if something will be done to fix it.
The issues regarding semi trucks are getting stuck whyle turning with heavy traillers attached, the truck tipping without no reason even in straight forward driving, axles doesn't touch the ground propperly so the wheels loses traction and many other things...
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
deerefarm

Re: Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by deerefarm »

I have no idea if it's been reported to Giant's or not. What I do is park a semi with a grain trailer either at the side of the road or on a dirt path next to the field. I then use a grain cart to haul grain to the trailer and fill the semi that way. When the semi is full I keep it straight down the path until I get to the road and away we go. If you try turning as soon as you start moving then you get massive wheel slip.
There is definitely a lot more wheel slip in this game than in FS19, I've noticed certain tractor now spin their wheels more too depending on the ground and the season.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:14 am … What I do is park a semi with a grain trailer either at the side of the road or on a dirt path next to the field. I then use a grain cart to haul grain to the trailer and fill the semi that way. When the semi is full I keep it straight down the path until I get to the road and away we go. If you try turning as soon as you start moving then you get massive wheel slip.
There is definitely a lot more wheel slip in this game than in FS19, I've noticed certain tractor now spin their wheels more too depending on the ground and the season.
What you describe is what I’ve been doing in FS22, and what I have done whenever possible in all the games, simply because it’s more realistic to me. Maybe it is a regional and/or soil type dependent thing, but I’ve never seen anyone around where I grew up or now live that would (given any other option) drive a loaded semi through a field anymore than they had to, and then it was along the shortest, straightest path to a road, preferably paved.

Sure, I think there may need to be some tuning to the physics in FS22. But, on the whole, I think it is probably closer to realistic now than it was before.
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

There's a definite problem. It seems to be mostly with the big double grain trailer. Some areas the trucks pulled it fine on paved roads and other areas of paved roads the just stop and wheels are spinning. Didn't matter which semi tractor either. Ended up having to disconnect the trailers and haul to market separately.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

BigBadAllis wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:27 pm There's a definite problem. It seems to be mostly with the big double grain trailer. Some areas the trucks pulled it fine on paved roads and other areas of paved roads the just stop and wheels are spinning. Didn't matter which semi tractor either. Ended up having to disconnect the trailers and haul to market separately.
Interesting (if really annoying). Out of curiosity, how flat was the road? As in, was there any grade (slope) to it at all? Or was there a ridge or bump in it to get the trailer hung up on?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It seems to be a combination of poor truck physics and the fact that Giants have increased the weights of everything in the game. It's like playing with the FIll Type Mass Adjustment mod from FS19 without installing it. While that's nice, the lack of good physics on the trucks makes it really rough. They'll spin out when you have nothing behind before hitting 3rd or 4th gear where it can grab, or it'll be unable to pull a load. I think using manual gear shifting could help this a little, but I have yet to test it. I have found that having a decent load behind you balancing the physics out nicely. I hauled 65,000 liters of chaff with any of the Mack trucks and they all started without a spinout and leaned slightly around corners. Definitely something Giants needs to look at for the next patch, it's very hard to work with right now.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:21 pm It seems to be a combination of poor truck physics and the fact that Giants have increased the weights of everything in the game. It's like playing with the FIll Type Mass Adjustment mod from FS19 without installing it. While that's nice, the lack of good physics on the trucks makes it really rough. They'll spin out when you have nothing behind before hitting 3rd or 4th gear where it can grab, or it'll be unable to pull a load. I think using manual gear shifting could help this a little, but I have yet to test it. I have found that having a decent load behind you balancing the physics out nicely. I hauled 65,000 liters of chaff with any of the Mack trucks and they all started without a spinout and leaned slightly around corners. Definitely something Giants needs to look at for the next patch, it's very hard to work with right now.
Indeed! They need at least to have a look on this and see what can be done. Back in FS 19 some moded semi had had some issues while hauling heavy cargo. I remember one of the last released, a Volkswagen likely truck that was the worse on its physics and the cabin was always "dancing" tipping to both sides when it was pulling any trailler. That was obvious that that truck had a bad physics working by it's creator because those made by Giants and some experienced modders were way better even that the FS19 always had poor vehycle physics. Now in FS22 they had improoved vehycle physics at all, and yet, it seems that they doesn't did the same to semi trucks. Another thing i have noticed is that this problems doesn't seems to affect the MAN semi because it has one axle. I mean, for those with two axles it seems to happens often due to its poor suspension system physics. When the suspension works right all wheels will follow the ground elevation and stick to it wich grants traction for every wheel. What is happening is that the suspension in those two rear axles is too hard and so them wheels doesn't touch the ground all the time as it should.
Anyway, anything must be done to fix it somehow because its a really important aspect of farming and delivery goods and it's actually broken.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
Nishma Agri Mods

Post by Nishma Agri Mods »

This is not just a FS22 issue . its been a issue since fs09. I am not sure why it is that giants have never really got his right on any vehicle. dont forget it wasnt until fs15(i think) that they added pivoting axles on tractors . i think it was fs17 they added deforming tyres ( but tractors still had car type suspension) .

My thoughts on why its like it is . I think its more a case one size fits all . The way suspension is done in the xmls is very limiting unless you think out side the box a bit and have all axles as components and that way you can have dual drive axle sets that act correctly have a good look at the urals trucks in fs19 https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
the suspension on this truck is awesome. This is how giants should have done all dual drive trucks, you have fantastic articulation, and it just looks cool lol

as some one else in another thread said "with giants its the path of least resistance" and this is just more showing that to be true . they could have made the suspension work right , but thats extra work.

I hate to say it , but sit tight and wait for the modders out there to fix this kind of thing and the game will be a lot more fun.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

its not the "physics" at least not to me(I love the way the old mack feels driving).. its a traction issue.. and the lack of diff lock makes it worse (there also seems to be something weird going on with the differentials themselves on most vehicles). I am fine with the traction on everything but the big trucks. Idk how the other truck is but the macks suffer terrible traction loss on most any surface, fields being the worst and paved roads being the least but still way too much slip even there. I get some wheel slippage.. but under no circumstance should a truck with a loaded trailer spin tires on dry pavement under any remotely normal driving circumstance.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Trucks and Semi-Trucks in the base game are broken as is right now. The Pickups are basically useless( I can hook up and tow stuff with the 25hp Gator that the pickup wont even hook up to.) and the Semis can hardly pull any of the semi trailers when loaded.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:55 pm its not the "physics" at least not to me(I love the way the old mack feels driving).. its a traction issue.. and the lack of diff lock makes it worse (there also seems to be something weird going on with the differentials themselves on most vehicles). I am fine with the traction on everything but the big trucks. Idk how the other truck is but the macks suffer terrible traction loss on most any surface, fields being the worst and paved roads being the least but still way too much slip even there. I get some wheel slippage.. but under no circumstance should a truck with a loaded trailer spin tires on dry pavement under any remotely normal driving circumstance.
If you look closely as you start accelerating one rear axle is rotating clockwise and the other is going anti clockwise :lol:
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:14 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:55 pm its not the "physics" at least not to me(I love the way the old mack feels driving).. its a traction issue.. and the lack of diff lock makes it worse (there also seems to be something weird going on with the differentials themselves on most vehicles). I am fine with the traction on everything but the big trucks. Idk how the other truck is but the macks suffer terrible traction loss on most any surface, fields being the worst and paved roads being the least but still way too much slip even there. I get some wheel slippage.. but under no circumstance should a truck with a loaded trailer spin tires on dry pavement under any remotely normal driving circumstance.
If you look closely as you start accelerating one rear axle is rotating clockwise and the other is going anti clockwise :lol:
actually i did notice something like that, but also when i get stuck going foward, i press to go backwards and it goes foward for 5meters then when i stop and want to go foward because it moved it goes backwards 5m and stops again... really weird.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I can understand random bugs appearing in game once released but I can't see this as anything other than something that should have been picked up before release.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Well, if it's as simple as the rotation of the rear drive wheels, hopefully it's an easy fix. Using manual gear shifting and activating differential lock using the beta version of Enhanced Vehicle on GitHub, people have been able to get better traction with their trucks, although it's still a little messed up. The latter half of that fix is for PC only.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

Low traction on Semi's is a real problem.

I've had to start using large tractors for my hauling :(