Semi trucks physics are broken!

mackintosh

Re: Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by mackintosh »

This is one of those bugs that really justifies a hotfix. Sigh.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:55 pm Well, if it's as simple as the rotation of the rear drive wheels, hopefully it's an easy fix. Using manual gear shifting and activating differential lock using the beta version of Enhanced Vehicle on GitHub, people have been able to get better traction with their trucks, although it's still a little messed up. The latter half of that fix is for PC only.
Wether the rotation is the cause or only a visual thing I'm not sure, certainly wouldn't work well in real life :lol:
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

parad0x177 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:40 pm
BigBadAllis wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:27 pm There's a definite problem. It seems to be mostly with the big double grain trailer. Some areas the trucks pulled it fine on paved roads and other areas of paved roads the just stop and wheels are spinning. Didn't matter which semi tractor either. Ended up having to disconnect the trailers and haul to market separately.
Interesting (if really annoying). Out of curiosity, how flat was the road? As in, was there any grade (slope) to it at all? Or was there a ridge or bump in it to get the trailer hung up on?
Was on a flat paved road. Right now I have a full semi trailer loaded with corn that I can't move. I tried the all 3 semi trailers and they all have the same issue. When looking at the rear axles on the trucks, it looks like the tires are spinning opposite directions and fighting each other.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

This is what farming is like in the UK. Nobody uses semi-trucks for grain haul off the field, for the exact above reasons (traction). Also I guess, the fact that a 16 year old can jump in a tractor, while an HGV driver licence is significantly more difficult to obtain. And red diesel, road tax, O licence, etc.....
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

In general that is correct but chaser bins and trucks are definitely used by some at least 3 of my customers now use them.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I nearly put "except East Anglia"!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Ok so I seen the Man on sale and grabbed it up. While its not nearly as stable as the longer mack trucks, it doesn't seem to suffer traction loss on Elm Creek. I was able to back the water tanker down a hill into the pond, fill up and pull back up and onto the road with no issues. I am keeping my mack as I have all my fingers and toes crossed that this gets fixed in a upcoming patch but the Man will keep things moving nicely for now.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

For now I'm just running a tractor with the largest trailer for delivering crops. Realistically it hold a decent quantity so the deliveries are still large enough to matter and keep up with harvest. For the most part Giant has produced another great game. I have worked around the slow crop growth by playing smarter and using the sleep function of a house. We all need to remember this is a "Game". I enjoyed trying to figure out how to be successful with the quirky issues such as the growth cycles and equipment leasing and buying. It's not just do the same thing and the previous versions. I have to admit that I was frustrated at first them I remembered that I'm not looking for a Real Life experience. I'm looking for entertainment.
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

BigBadAllis wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:55 pm For now I'm just running a tractor with the largest trailer for delivering crops. Realistically it hold a decent quantity so the deliveries are still large enough to matter and keep up with harvest. For the most part Giant has produced another great game. I have worked around the slow crop growth by playing smarter and using the sleep function of a house. We all need to remember this is a "Game". I enjoyed trying to figure out how to be successful with the quirky issues such as the growth cycles and equipment leasing and buying. It's not just do the same thing and the previous versions. I have to admit that I was frustrated at first them I remembered that I'm not looking for a Real Life experience. I'm looking for entertainment.
Whyle i can agree that this is a game and it is made for entertainment i can't forget that it must be as realistic as possible without being annoying for excessive realism.
Off course it will never replace a real life experience of driving any machinery, but it's supposed to lure my brain into it and make me feel "as i was driving" somehow. Then, the most realistic it goes more i will have this feeling and so more i will be satisfied within the game.
Also i cannot forget that theres a "simulator" in its name so that should mean the game will try to simulate a real life experience.
Finally, either that a virtual truck would never be a real life truck it is unforgivable that it cannot work as it was supposed to so this game mechanics needs a fix for sure.
The truck doesn't needs to be perfect at all but needs to work right as it is supposed to do.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I just reported this bug as i encountered it with a dolly too, i hope you do/did the same.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Reventloff

Post by Reventloff »

Simple workaround for this traction issue is to change the value of frictionScale for all wheels in xml file of your truck. It is set in 1.5-3 range by default but you can put it as high as 20 or even 30 and literally get rid of any wheelslip/lack of traction once and for all. Suddenly all the trucks become usefull and pleasant to drive on any incline again.
The line you need to find in xml file is usually in <wheels> section and is spelled frictionScale="30"
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Not possible on consoles, and breakes mp compabillity aswell, doesn't it?
It's definently a thing that needs to be patched
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
scuba82

Post by scuba82 »

I have been having the same problem that when i have a trailer attatched either empty or loaded even on the new silverrun map i have problems with the front steer tyres not wanting to turn and the only way is to back off the throttle and back down for it to get grip and turn and it takes a few turns at this to turn around very frustrating hopefully something gets done asap
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I think it's an issue with automatic trannys. On calmsden with a heavy load I struggle to pull hills (wheel slip) I change to manual, select the right gear and pulls fine. As long as I don't take corners to fast the trucks handle fine. Some trucks depending on tire configs have worse handling but nothing game breaking
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Also…why are all the semi trucks in game with a manual transmission? A new Volvo truck with a manual? This is surely a joke. I haven’t seen a manual truck made after 2010 and i drove many in my line of work.