Semi trucks physics are broken!

hun3

Re: Semi trucks physics are broken!

Post by hun3 »

I was having issue turning with the new Volvos when I had a heavy trailer so turns out the weight pushed down the rear of the truck and lifted the front wheels therefore couldn't turn...I reduced the rear axles so now its a little better.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Burekcina wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:11 pm Also…why are all the semi trucks in game with a manual transmission? A new Volvo truck with a manual? This is surely a joke. I haven’t seen a manual truck made after 2010 and i drove many in my line of work.
Manual transmission is still sold after 2010 in all major truck manufacturers including Volvo. You can order a brand new mack,pete,kenworth i know with actual manual transmission now. And Volvo I-shift is a automated manual transmission so in game is accurate. I believe the game description says powershift.
XBOX/ FS22
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Burekcina wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:11 pm Also…why are all the semi trucks in game with a manual transmission? A new Volvo truck with a manual? This is surely a joke. I haven’t seen a manual truck made after 2010 and i drove many in my line of work.
Obviously not enough, a quick google search of a truck sale website and it was a 60-40 split in favor of automatics over manuals over the first fifty or so trucks with the search parameters being only volvo and 2010 and newer. While I agree automatics are becoming very popular and are the very common the notion that manuals aren’t made anymore or aren’t prevalent is false.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Standard is best. I ran 2 race bikes so far and its better than automatic transmission. Trucks are also better too if your pulling heavy loads. Also in a race car too. Standard is overall better
Ice_boii :gamer:
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

I prefer a manual also but a semi trans is completely different from a car trans and actually takes some skill to drive and shift so these fleet trucks are going all auto so they can stick any *$#%§* in them and drive em.
XBOX/ FS22
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:06 am

Obviously not enough, a quick google search of a truck sale website and it was a 60-40 split in favor of automatics over manuals over the first fifty or so trucks with the search parameters being only volvo and 2010 and newer. While I agree automatics are becoming very popular and are the very common the notion that manuals aren’t made anymore or aren’t prevalent is false.
It's mostly because of the large fleet carriers making it easier to hire "qualified " drivers. The amount of sandals and bare feet propped on the dash going 70mph down the freeway is disturbing. I drove an auto for 3 months. I'll stick with the Eaton 18s

UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:54 pm
It's mostly because of the large fleet carriers making it easier to hire "qualified " drivers. The amount of sandals and bare feet propped on the dash going 70mph down the freeway is disturbing. I drove an auto for 3 months. I'll stick with the Eaton 18s

I love when they show up on site in sandals and it just rained, have fun unchaining haha
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:33 am
I love when they show up on site in sandals and it just rained, have fun unchaining haha

:lol: :lol: :lol:
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

When asked what the one feature I cannot live without in a new car is, my answer is "A clutch pedal..."
Old fat guy with a day job...
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

As far as in-game trucks, I don't really have an opinion. Running one of 82's modded Superliners and a base game Anthem. I'd like to try some of the Platinum DLC trucks, but there's NOTHING else in the DLC I want so spent last month's allowance at HobbyTown instead. (On a Revell '70 Buick GSX, in case you were wondering...)
Old fat guy with a day job...
BadCattitude

Post by BadCattitude »

I hate to grave-dig an old thread, but it is better than creating a duplicate thread IMHO.

The year is 2023 and the problem still exists. My truck and trailer are so blinkin wobbly you can hardly turn without flipping over.

So much for Giants fixing the problem.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:47 pm
Manual transmission is still sold after 2010 in all major truck manufacturers including Volvo. You can order a brand new mack,pete,kenworth i know with actual manual transmission now. And Volvo I-shift is a automated manual transmission so in game is accurate. I believe the game description says powershift.
Powershift is a different gearbox altogether. Volvo use a 6 speed full automatic box with a torque converter on 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

All trucks now are a special order with a manual gearbox. Irelandand UK anyway.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Ok 2 things. First, what are you driving these days Guil? Assuming you aren't in the same lorry of course. And second, yea it is really really bad on Giants that I still refuse to use the Volvo truck I was so excited for because the weight distribution is all wrong. Thanks for reminding me how disappointed I am everyone :frown: :lol:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:08 am
Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:47 pm
Powershift is a different gearbox altogether. Volvo use a 6 speed full automatic box with a torque converter on 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

All trucks now are a special order with a manual gearbox. Irelandand UK anyway.
Can you manual shift gears with those automatic gearboxes?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

BadCattitude wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:40 am I hate to grave-dig an old thread, but it is better than creating a duplicate thread IMHO.

The year is 2023 and the problem still exists. My truck and trailer are so blinkin wobbly you can hardly turn without flipping over.

So much for Giants fixing the problem.
What truck and trailer do you use? I've used the Volvo FH16 (2 axle) together with Krampe SKS 30/1050 and also the MAN TGS 18.500 4X4 with Krampe SB II 30/1070 (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022) and did not have any tipping problem. So are you using a mod truck or trailer, causing this problem? In that case it's up to the modder to fix and not Giants.