Has anyone had snow accumulate ever?

deerefarm

Has anyone had snow accumulate ever?

Post by deerefarm »

As the title says I was wondering if anyone has ever had snow accumulate at all, let alone enough to either need to plow or to salt? I haven't and it's been snowing for almost 18hrs on Elmcreek. (PC)
Snow was one of the things I was really looking forward to in the game. *thumbsdown*

Plus what's with the snow plows? A max speed of 3 mph. Has anyone ever seen a plow that only goes 3mph? We had a snow blower (tractor attached) on the farm and that was a little bit slow, mainly because you had to go in reverse.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Sweet Wheat

Re: Has anyone had snow accumulate ever?

Post by Sweet Wheat »

With the base game on Elmcreek not much snow, some in February and gone in March.
I've done some work on the environment xml located in steamapps>common>farming simulator 22>data>maps>mapUS.
Opening with notepad, in the season winter section object type "snow" there is a weight of only "5" so the chance of snow is very low.
I'm testing 75 on 1 day seasons and I changed the following. There's also a min hours and max hours in that section and it's set min 4 max 8 so I changed that to min 1 max 3 it snows often with a great amount and often starting in December.
For my game I also copied the snow section into spring and fall with weights of 5 and have been getting the occasional flurries but no snow cover which is realistic for what I want.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

actually yea.. In fact, I just thawed out after a snowy winter. The snowmen... go check out the snowmen when u finally get snow (they are EVERYWHERE in all kinds of weird spots and some nifty poses and some of them are kept company by an equally nifty collectable).. idk about the snow plows.. heck we use our old case backhoe and throw snow at like 25mph lol
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

It snow, but there was no accumulation on the ground. I found the snowmen, nice touch. But I'm not sure how they managed to build them as the snow was melting as soon as it hit the ground. It's now January in the game and there's frost on the ground but no more snow in the forecast.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:50 am It snow, but there was no accumulation on the ground. I found the snowmen, nice touch. But I'm not sure how they managed to build them as the snow was melting as soon as it hit the ground. It's now January in the game and there's frost on the ground but no more snow in the forecast.
It also snows in the middle of summer. :lol:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
wafflehatjoe

Post by wafflehatjoe »

Cant say I have had any accumulation but im not expecting any right now because im still only doing 1day season cycles due to lack of things to do during the winter months and iv still got small fields that can be done in an hour of game play. Though i have noticed on Elm Creek that so far the snow mask is only on fields/grassy areas, nothing where there is any point of entertaining a snow plow. But the little bit i did get i tried the plow out and ya definitely disappointing, although im not seeing the 3mph, i was able to do like 12mph with out much trouble. so all-in-all im with you rather disappointed with how this has turned out
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yeah, it just snowed again and still no accumulation. The 3mph came from the listed speed in the store for the plows, so I'm glad to hear they can go faster.
I was also hoping for "Snow Plow" contracts during the winter months. We had a few contracts to plow snow from local business parking lots and to keep them free of snow and ice. Another farmer we knew, who did contracting work for us, and had a much larger farm, had the "municipal" or county contract for the main roads. The had a front end loader with an adjustable plow as well as a proper salter / plow truck or two. That would have been a really neat feature for Giants to have put in the game.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I tend to get the most snow Jan-feb.. and increasing the days per month will up your odds of getting accumulation.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Yes many times i had snow accumulate on the ground, a good amount too all over