FS22 Price Fluctuation Charts

jeremyj621

FS22 Price Fluctuation Charts

Post by jeremyj621 »

Do the price fluctuation charts change over time? I've been playing for a while now and they appear to be static. Does this mean the market price for any commodity is guaranteed to fall within the given range for any given month?
parad0x177

Re: FS22 Price Fluctuation Charts

Post by parad0x177 »

I’ve been wondering the same, but don’t have any data yet. Basically, can I count on that market pattern, or will it shift if I dump all my stores on the market at the peak?
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I started a new game and noticed a horizontal line running through the chart for each commodity showing the current price. It wasn't there before, so I guess it was a glitch with my last saved game.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Also, the prices seem to be completely random and change every time you load the game. For example, wheat may be highest at Goldcrest Valley, but if I save/exit/reload the same save... the prices will be completely different!
PC & PS4
hun3

Post by hun3 »

The chart doesn't work currently. Somebody tested it.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

One thing I found out and so far it seems to be true. Check prices in the evening after dark, rather than the morning. They apparently are a better reflection of the price chart.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Regarding the current price line that runs through the charts, it's only visible on the hard difficulty level, not easy or medium. I've tested and verified this and have reported it to Giants as a possible bug.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

As I understand it:

The price fluctuation chart shows a graphical representation of the seasonal market price of that item, and the variance which is possible on each month. So, if the vertical bar is small, there will be low variance through the day/month, if its high then there could be a big swing. The program even helps you when prices are changing because it will indicate the green up arrow, or a red down arrow, on a changing price.

The are a number (I think its 2) elements which can affect the price 1) a random factor and 2) selling a lot of product will suppress demand and reduce the price too.

I've seen (1) in action but not (2), I suspect because I've either spread out my sales over a couple of winter months. I store then sell in the winter, taking a loan out if needs be to get there) or because I've only started out and its normally just 1, 2 or 3 loads. In other words, don't get big, store thousands of tons of wheat and expect to be able to sell it high without that having an effect.

I am not sure what the horizontal lines are meant to mean, it could well have been intended to show something (ie current price? But how would it for each month?) but its bugged.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I took the horizontal lines across the bars to be base/ ceiling prices. However none of it is really helpful without a vertical scale.
speedbrake

Post by speedbrake »

The prices in the charts do not match the prices in the game. For example, honey was supposed to be high in April I think but for me it was quite low then and much higher in another month when it was supposed to be low. Giants already commented somewhere that it is broken and that it will get fixed in the next patch.