I Like Elmcreek but....

DMZ Commander

Re: I Like Elmcreek but....

Post by DMZ Commander »

Simplysafemods.com has a copy of elm creek that will load as a mod map so when you delete things in GE, it won't crash the game. I haven't tried it myself yet though
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Damillio

Post by Damillio »

The game doesn't crash in the editor. I have tried a few, including Elmcreek Multifarm and Elmcreek light, and a self made mod of elmcreek. In all three cases, game only crashes when placing a building over the vanilla building location at the map boundary. Though I have not tried placing a building in the editor itself.
patsbard

Post by patsbard »

The red one? I use that to store my pallets of seeds and fertilizers. The only thing I got rid of in Elm Creek was that building behind the barn that says it is a garage/shed - it's useless.
Moses195 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:49 am I just discovered you can sell the barn hayloft,

Go into contruction editor
Be close to the barn
Click on the barn and you can sell it.
Took me 5 days to figgur this out

Now if I could only use ANY TRIGGER I would be a happy man
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Elmcreek is ok..

But i dont like the starting location and the small area to work in..

Also the end of the map looks like a swap / error land..

It would have been better if the finish at the end of the map where the blockage is blocked had been better. Apparently this had been a hasty job to get this map into the game in time.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

Xtrememaster wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:29 pm Apparently this had been a hasty job to get this map into the game in time.
Really get that impression myself. The French one is better, but just can't get into Elm creek at all. Rushed is the word that comes to mind.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I find quite the opposite from most opinions of Elmcreek. Giants really hit home with a Midwestern countryside feel, while mixing in all the functionalities of the game like the production points. A lot of the sell points are off the beaten path, the scenery is very immersive, and the locations across the map blend in very well for some of them not being a Midwestern-style industry. Yes, there are some things I wish were different, but it's a huge step up from Ravenport. Beats Goldcrest out by a hair.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I have nothing to compare it to historically (I started with FS22) but I started at Elmcreek and its growing on me. As my skills and equipment are growing, I am sussing out little alterations, for example the little shortcut to the West of field 44 isn't always safe/possible in all vehicles, and today I found that if you dump stones on the ground, they support the weight of a vehicle (and create a bump, but the telehandler with a bucket can spread it out) so I'm planning to dump all my de-stoning stones in there, about 100t of stone should flatten out the entrance to make it more practical.

The tall hay barn is a bit useless though. I've sometimes parked a vehicle in it when I need a bit of space for a big rented machine and it gets it out the way.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I like using the red barn to store supplies as its fairly easy to whip the forklift around in there. I keep produce in the basement where its dry and cooler and the cheaper forklift will fit down there no issues (u have to lower it all the way tho)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Dark_Davey

Post by Dark_Davey »

I will say it's beautiful, if not completely usable.