I Like Elmcreek but....

dirtyduckuk

I Like Elmcreek but....

Post by dirtyduckuk »

Hi - Really like Elmcreek but there is a massive but. I like that you can use a different farm in each corner, but the pre placed buildings are useless and take up way too much space.

Why are the buildings not useable or at least allow the user to delete them to free up space, this would have given the players so many more options when creating there farm.
hrvacx

Re: I Like Elmcreek but....

Post by hrvacx »

dirtyduckuk wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm Hi - Really like Elmcreek but there is a massive but. I like that you can use a different farm in each corner, but the pre placed buildings are useless and take up way too much space.

Why are the buildings not useable or at least allow the user to delete them to free up space, this would have given the players so many more options when creating there farm.
Exactly this were my thoughts when i first loaded the map. But hey GE is out and you cam now remove those buildings if you want to...
BSturkie

Post by BSturkie »

dirtyduckuk wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm Hi - Really like Elmcreek but there is a massive but. I like that you can use a different farm in each corner, but the pre placed buildings are useless and take up way too much space.

There is an edited version of Elmcreek that you can download that has all the buildings removed and doesn't affect the base game map. You can build your farm how you like from scratch. Everything else is the same just the buildings have been removed/
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yep, same here. I think it's a decent map but the useless buildings kill it if you don't stay at the main farm.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Frag

Post by Frag »

Ironically I came here to ask about the same thing. Take for example the beautiful farm with the big red barn in the northwest corner of the map. I thought by buying it that I could use the house to sleep (just missing a sleep trigger) and use the barn and shed. Everything is locked and cannot be deleted. So that land become useless .... I was like "what the heck!!??".

This is more a bug than anything to me. Why would you pay few hundred thousand dollars for useless buildings that cannot be used or deleted. This area is beautiful, what a waste of space and money.

Giants ... please

- Add a sleep trigger on the house front door if you bought the farm. So at least you wont need to construct a new house somewhere else on the land ... which does not make any sense.
- Let us use the barn and the shed so at least we could use these to store our machinery.
- Let us delete the building if we want. Actually we should be able to delete anything we do not want on our land.

I got that nasty surprise on many farms on that map. This will confuse all the new players A LOT, I don't see how this passed QA.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep agreed, this is where there's a big difference between modded map vs giants map.

Remember Ravenport..? Tons of useless, undeletable things.

Elmcreek is very nice! The only place I found for a good farm building is Field 10. RIght across the road (where the old undeletable shed is) there' s sport to put an house.

I just started on it yesterday and I like this place..but, it's very far from everything (shop, train.)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
dirtyduckuk

Post by dirtyduckuk »

I’m playing on Xbox so no option to use a modded map I’m afraid.

Need a sleep trigger urgently on console
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I just don't understand why the upright silo's still can't he used to store hay/straw. I'm hoping AJFarmer bails us out again like he did for 19 on that issue.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

this is by far my biggest complaint.. I know there r a handful of bugs but I have encountered VERY few and nothing that wasnt easily resolved.. I have been scouting around for a spot for a nice second farm.. there r some beautiful spots but those worthless buildings.. I will probs remove them but yea for now I am just buying fields and filling that starting farm to the max with equipment... otherwise I LOVE this map.. its not perfect but its got so many dead accurate "little" things.. like how familiar the on ramps look when driving down the interstate.. just things like that.. otherwise I am just praying they fix the traction issue on the mack trucks as thats the biggest "bug" I have had that I haven't quickly fixed as I am hesitant on editing game files cause I am thinking about getting a dedi server once they line out mp
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:30 am otherwise I am just praying they fix the traction issue on the mack trucks as thats the biggest "bug" I have had that I haven't quickly fixed as I am hesitant on editing game files cause I am thinking about getting a dedi server once they line out mp
Also, the big bags are also the problem too, as you can't leave or switch vehicles otherwise it may freeze the game too.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

It's the bigbag carrier I belive that's bugged, and not the bigbags themselves. Use a palletfork and you're ok
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I just discovered you can sell the barn hayloft,

Go into contruction editor
Be close to the barn
Click on the barn and you can sell it.
Took me 5 days to figgur this out

Now if I could only use ANY TRIGGER I would be a happy man
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea I cant forget that... I usually just lug my forklift around on a flatbed so yea I completely forgot the time I thought I killed my 8s using the lifter
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

I remember watching the devs in the summer showing off some buildings and how this version we would be able to go into all the buildings.
Haven't played the other maps, are buildings on those working?
Damillio

Post by Damillio »

We removed the buildings via the editor, but the game crashes when placing a building where a vanilla building was at the map edge near field 64/65/66/67