Continued issues, same for others?

vondeylenfarms

Continued issues, same for others?

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So the update came out and it fixed some of the issues. I still can’t zoom out on the map, frame drops absolutely horrible!! My slots are only 325 so I’m nervous I’ll start blue screening again soon as others already have. I don’t want to say it but I’m kinda disappointed so far. It’s got lots great potential so I’m wondering if anyone else has these issues still? Also the new sending workers somewhere just completely freezes my game and I have to restart it.

Any word from giants that patch is in the works? Are they even acknowledging these issues? I know they blamed mods in 19 but that’s not the case now.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Lexie

Re: Continued issues, same for others?

Post by Lexie »

On Xbox there is not even an update, the stutters are horrible, there are problems with saving the game, so unplayable and no statement or reaction from Giants. So it's again a terrble mess, at least on consoles.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I have a PS4 slim. I have to say I've been pleased so far.

No issues with the platform other than big frame rate drops with 40+ bales on a trailer. It was still playable, but best avoided.

Always get a freeze on the AI screen as it plots a route, but it always catches up. I had one big freeze-up with two bale trailers with 30 pallets each operated by AI, plus me driving the pick up with 8 pallets in the small pallet trailer. I went to overtake one of the tractors and the PS4 froze. I just gave it a few mins to catch up and sure enough it did. I was quite impressed with the stability.

Other than I get occasional stutters when the cpu is pushed.

So overall I'm in a good place with enjoying the new game, but it has made me think more seriously about upgrading to a PS5.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Ok so the issues are there but worse or better for some…I’m not throwing a fit by any means..I’m just wondering if I’m alone in these issues and if anyone has read anything from giants about these known issues and a fix coming (aware a patch takes time)

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
BigBadAllis

Post by BigBadAllis »

Experiencing a few issues as well. My biggest complaint is the amount of time to grow crops. Giants made some huge improvements in many ways. Overall they made a great and entertaining product. We just need to give them time to work it out.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

BigBadAllis wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm Experiencing a few issues as well. My biggest complaint is the amount of time to grow crops. Giants made some huge improvements in many ways. Overall they made a great and entertaining product. We just need to give them time to work it out.
I'm not sure they will add an option to increase growth speed. It certainly would foul up everything with the growth calendar. They have allowed you to sleep anytime, so honestly, I don't know what people who played FS19 non-seasons with fast growth are complaining about. You don't have to wait running at x120 speed anymore for late evening anymore to skip days which is a HUGE improvement (sleeping is dozens of times faster than x120). Just sleep when you don't want to work. Then its a minute to FFD to when they can be harvested....and then of course there are contracts if you want to make money in between. Farming without seasons is simply silly. I'm surprised the game lasted this long without seasons being part of the base game.

EDIT - they very well may add crop growth speed which is only allowed when seasons is disabled. That wouldn't have much harm, although they have to figure out how fast to increase it...maybe 3-4x? Maybe have options of 2x, 3x, and 4x?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

This is how I look at it. The first few months are just testing for the game. Players report bugs, Giants releases updates and patches all while modders submit the awesome mods we all love and enjoy. For now, I am continuing to play on 19 until everything gets solved and fixed. Here and there I'll load up 22 just to learn things about the new game. I had no illusions that this would be a finished game at release this time around, and I think I am better for it. I can tell it's a better game than 19, so I trust Giants to put in the work to fix all the bugs.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

dan1109 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:14 pm They have allowed you to sleep anytime, so honestly, I don't know what people who played FS19 non-seasons with fast growth are complaining about.
I prefer seasons, however it's very easy to understand what people are complaining about. Unless you are suggesting it's an okay game-loop to click on a house door (mind you have to buy the house first) over and over again until your crops are ready to be harvested.?

I could imagine how well that would've gone over in a dev stream pre-release - "okay guys we planted our starter field with wheat so we can now either do contracts for the next few irl hours or click sleep on the house door over and over until the harvest is ready..."
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:21 pm This is how I look at it. The first few months are just testing for the game. Players report bugs, Giants releases updates and patches all while modders submit the awesome mods we all love and enjoy. For now, I am continuing to play on 19 until everything gets solved and fixed. Here and there I'll load up 22 just to learn things about the new game. I had no illusions that this would be a finished game at release this time around, and I think I am better for it. I can tell it's a better game than 19, so I trust Giants to put in the work to fix all the bugs.
Fully expected the bugs and issues…just not the game breaking ones I had in 19 that ruined it. I never found the mod conflict and now the blue screens are happening again on 22 and no mods. Worried is all…I was excited for this one and of course the modders making their 19 mods even better with the possibilities of this game

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Mooro

Post by Mooro »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 pm So the update came out and it fixed some of the issues. I still can’t zoom out on the map, frame drops absolutely horrible!! My slots are only 325 so I’m nervous I’ll start blue screening again soon as others already have. I don’t want to say it but I’m kinda disappointed so far. It’s got lots great potential so I’m wondering if anyone else has these issues still? Also the new sending workers somewhere just completely freezes my game and I have to restart it.

Any word from giants that patch is in the works? Are they even acknowledging these issues? I know they blamed mods in 19 but that’s not the case now.
I’m having similar issues. Frame drops when my camera goes too slow to the ground but runs fine at height. I can’t zoom in or out on the map. I can’t rotate when landscaping or placing objects (I can rotate an object to place it but can’t rotate my view).

Hoping these get fixed, with the others that have been mentioned, and can’t wait for an OxygenD map because I do think there’s heaps of potential here.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:21 pm This is how I look at it. The first few months are just testing for the game. Players report bugs, Giants releases updates and patches all while modders submit the awesome mods we all love and enjoy. For now, I am continuing to play on 19 until everything gets solved and fixed. Here and there I'll load up 22 just to learn things about the new game. I had no illusions that this would be a finished game at release this time around, and I think I am better for it. I can tell it's a better game than 19, so I trust Giants to put in the work to fix all the bugs.
I got the same feelings, but I let the game running in the background at 120x speed and I'm waiting to get some money to buy solar panels and those generators - for money. I have about 50 hours time "played" (not many things done) - that is, I just start the save and time flies for money. I don't like that grains grow very slow, so I'm waiting to make money or this bugs will be solved, and when these bugs are solved I can enjoy the game and I will have money in the game. FS19 it is better right now, but I cant play both in the same time on my PC. In FS15, 17, 19, I didnt like to wait for money with placebles, but now I dont like growth plants in FS 22, it is very much time consuming so I have to wait to be fixed or a mod for this problem.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

<Nevermind, it's a PS4. They blue screen now?>