upcoming bugfix

fuall

Re: upcoming bugfix

Post by fuall »

BernardC wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:12 pm Wow what a not answer :

I can name countless games....and then which ones ??? :confusednew:
To name one, Stardew Valley was developed by one person and had almost zero bugs. He makes this company, and others look like they don't know what they're doing. If a developer really loves their game, they are more likely to care about the players rather than the almighty dollar.

Companies these days pumping games out without caring about their reputation or their players.
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

Very much looking forward to the first patch. The contract bugs in particular are having a significant and negative impact.

For what it's worth, I've submitted bug reports every time I've encountered a bug and it looks like the first patch will include fixes for the following bugs based on the status of my tickets being changed to 'Resolved' by Giants.

Fixed Bugs in 1st Patch:
1. Contracts disappearing when you accept them
2. Plows now working on contracts
3. Harvest contracts only filling to ~89%

It will be nice to be able to accept plowing, cultivating, and harvest contracts.
Last edited by Pwnocchio on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm
So for now I'm doing my best in helping them with bug reports, I even setup a dedicated area on our Discord for members to post any bugs they find so those can also be passed on to GIANTS.
Is it possible for you to pass a message/bug report about the Xbox still on version 1.1.0.0 instead of 1.1.1.0?
This is already mentioned some times on the forum and with bug reports about the stuttering but people only get a default answer.
I really don't know of Giants is aware about this problem, so if you could, many thanks!
Oroberus

Post by Oroberus »

alanarientiziech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:52 pm I've searched and found nothing.

when the next patch is being planned to be released?

1 week, 1 month, 1 year???

I want to play properly.....
Nothing planned so far

In one of the Steam-Threads the CM actually answered.

Giants, as of now, has no timeline planned for any patches
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Lexie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm
So for now I'm doing my best in helping them with bug reports, I even setup a dedicated area on our Discord for members to post any bugs they find so those can also be passed on to GIANTS.
Is it possible for you to pass a message/bug report about the Xbox still on version 1.1.0.0 instead of 1.1.1.0?
This is already mentioned some times on the forum and with bug reports about the stuttering but people only get a default answer.
I really don't know of Giants is aware about this problem, so if you could, many thanks!
I can do, although if you haven't already I would highly recommend using the bug tracker that GIANTS have setup. It may seem a waste of a time but I can assure you the reports are looked at. As long as you fill them in properly.

It's like any feedback to an issue... random comments with no details of exactly what you were doing makes it impossible for the dev to have an idea what the issue could be. (Speaking from experience with troubleshooting my own mod issues that people have raised.)
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Shintai wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:31 pm Take Nintendo games? Pretty much bug free entirely.
Until you realize that Breath of the Wild has some pretty crazy glitches, like the windbomb, and some savebreaking glitches. :lol:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

fuall wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 pm

To name one, Stardew Valley was developed by one person and had almost zero bugs. He makes this company, and others look like they don't know what they're doing. If a developer really loves their game, they are more likely to care about the players rather than the almighty dollar.

Companies these days pumping games out without caring about their reputation or their players.
Did you really just compare FS22 to Stardew freaking Valley? Of course it had few bugs, it's as simple as you can get...... You all are some of the most impatient, entitled, know-it-all's and it's a shame we have to sit here and listen to this. I've been playing FS since FS11 and this is the largest leap in gameplay I have ever seen, yet all you can do is whine - completely forgetting that FS19 released JUST AS BUGGY. Not to mention, FS22 is not nearly as bad as you chicken-little's are crying. I've clocked almost 100 hours with very few bugs, the most annoying being the bag lifter, which is easily worked around.

Some of you need to go play something else for a few months and let this bake if it upsets you so badly.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
fuall

Post by fuall »

ChiefScotty420 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:21 pm
fuall wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Did you really just compare FS22 to Stardew freaking Valley? Of course it had few bugs, it's as simple as you can get...... You all are some of the most impatient, entitled, know-it-all's and it's a shame we have to sit here and listen to this. I've been playing FS since FS11 and this is the largest leap in gameplay I have ever seen, yet all you can do is whine - completely forgetting that FS19 released JUST AS BUGGY. Not to mention, FS22 is not nearly as bad as you chicken-little's are crying. I've clocked almost 100 hours with very few bugs, the most annoying being the bag lifter, which is easily worked around.

Some of you need to go play something else for a few months and let this bake if it upsets you so badly.
Somebody asked about a game with fewer bugs, so I named one. You don't need to blow a gasket.
It's a shame you think you have to sit here and listen to this. Why aren't you off playing your wonderful game?
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

dan1108 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:11 pm Is there a way for us to see all customer reported bugs in their public database? I went there, and it seemed like I was only able to see my own tickets...which is a bit useless, as I won't have more than 1-2 open. If I was a beta tester, that would be different, I would have dozens.
No. That'd cause all sorts of GDPR issues.
weidermark

Post by weidermark »

Lexie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm

about plowing, wasn't there a similar problem in 19 in the beginning, plow and cultivate contracts dissappearing?, which leads to weeds grow all over on fields wich becomes locked, im starting to see the same problem on some fields in my playthrough in 22. Also it would be nice if they added in stoneclearing contracts in a future update.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:28 pm
dan1108 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:11 pm Is there a way for us to see all customer reported bugs in their public database? I went there, and it seemed like I was only able to see my own tickets...which is a bit useless, as I won't have more than 1-2 open. If I was a beta tester, that would be different, I would have dozens.
Not if the bug list doesn't include any personal data, just the details of the reported issue with none of the reporter's info.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:56 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:28 pm
Not if the bug list doesn't include any personal data, just the details of the reported issue with none of the reporter's info.
Ja - excluded personal info is a big DUH. I know it could be embarrassing for them, but I know for a fact it would do more good than harm. Users learn about issues to watch out and try to avoid for now, learn about work arounds, reduces duplicate issues (not all of course, but it could be a rule to require people to search first), and know if it will be planned to be fixed or not. What better way to complement the change log, posting the bug ID along with the 1 liner which can sometimes be no where near the info needed to describe the issue.

I sure hope they don't completely disregard issues they close as "unfixable". In my 25 years of software test and tech support, I never worked for a company that did - those issues were deemed feature requests and were given honest reviews of viability during every release plan. Some never made it, some were smash hits, and some were accidently done because product managers at times would fail to look at the feature requests and thought they came up with that brilliant idea on their own. And some of course were dumb or incredibly unique, to appease one particular person (they had to pay for that custom work if they really wanted it, as it wouldn't be useful for majority of customer base). Modders might get some great ideas if they could look at the details of those reports. Heh, then giants gets it somewhat for free.
Cliffordfarming

Post by Cliffordfarming »

I checked last night and my xbox is still on 1.0.0.3 version and has no available updates
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

ChiefScotty420 has a very valid point though, this forum thread has not been very productive in the slightest other than to stir up negative emotions against Giants. Besides, the title is misleading to the actual drama going down within this thread. I clicked on this thinking someone would be asking about the bugfix and pointing out some of the bugs they reported that are confirmed to be in the patch, but it's interwoven with negative opinions that, with their language, have no real potential to improve the current state of the game. A little constructive feedback for Giants is ok, but complaining constantly instead of contributing constructively is not.

While it is disappointing that we have received little to no communication from Giants on the current status of bugfixes, the developers are likely working on forming a patch that can fix all of those. People have proved that the bug tracker is active, and that Giants employees are closing and resolving bug reports, which means they're actively working on them. We heard from Stegei in a different thread that a patch will be out before Christmas, which means they are releasing it within a month of the game's release. It's probably hard to remember by now, but FS19 had a very rough start and was probably the most unfinished game of the franchise, evident by the amount of bugs and unused files in the basegame discovered by players and modders alike. So this is a huge step forward for GIants. Not only did they overhaul the franchise and produce a much better game, they added lots of new features and optimizations that made it much better to play on from, introduced crossplay, which is not a common feature and certainly complicates the introduction of the new features they had to add (gear shifting being a prime example), and they self-published this game, meaning that while they had more freedom over the game, the workload for the company to release a new game was increased. To put it simply, I commend Giants for their game release. I certainly didn't expect a flawless release, never have from a game, and I've found a lot of enjoyment in this game so far while dealing with a large portion of the bugs, not to mention the modding side of things, which has its fair share of kinks and problems.

Just my two (maybe three) cents :hi:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My two cents:

1) They can't keep the multiplayer servers up (daily crashing) which are tied to a monthly fee, so that is going to get top priority because that is an unrealized income stream and a no service product is worse than a defective working product.
2) They aren't going to put all hands on deck to fix the game until item 1 is resolved because they already have the money from those who purchased the game and it mostly works for most people, so it gets second priority
3) Due to the extra hurdles associated with patching consoles, we all get to wait thanks to the above and those hurdles because Giants likes to keep all the platforms on the same version, which is has to do even more so now that cross-play is a thing.

Games have bugs, some of those bugs are bad, but some of the bugs that made it to release are inexcusable (contracts, steep economic curve, needs plowing everywhere, vineyard products are basically worthless (same as cotton and oats upon release))