upcoming bugfix

kansas_dude

Re: upcoming bugfix

Post by kansas_dude »

hope they improve the sound.........too quiet unless I'm using my 7.1 surround headset
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 am
MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:06 am
ace54858 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:43 pm

so true, the only thing that has even been said by anyone from Gaints about a patch was before chrismas and then after that. so let's not patch to fix at least some of the bugs like with contracts in the first week or so. i think there more worried about Multiplayer then anything right now.
With multiplay being cross platform you can't just push a quick PC patch out. The console patches need testing and approving by Sony/MS. And there certainly used to be a fee incurred a few years ago for that.

There's nothing game breaking, therefore it's common sense to do it properly and get them out to all platforms at approximately the same time.
lol nothing game breaking huh then why are players posting saying the game is crashing and not just pc players but console as well seems to me that there is a game breaking bug.
lol whatevs sell enough and you'll be getting a few people complaining of crashes innit due to banjaxed hardware while all the uvverz are happily playing along seems to me that you're jumping to conclusions that have no basis in like fact.

I can write proper sentences, but decided to reply in the rambling spirit of your post that would elicit a "SEE ME" from a teacher.
fuall

Post by fuall »

I'm waiting to see how the patching goes before I buy the game. I've been burned in the past, buying early and not being able to properly play until over a month later.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 pm lol whatevs sell enough and you'll be getting a few people complaining of crashes innit due to banjaxed hardware while all the uvverz are happily playing along seems to me that you're jumping to conclusions that have no basis in like fact.

I can write proper sentences, but decided to reply in the rambling spirit of your post that would elicit a "SEE ME" from a teacher.
few people complaining crash? if you get the double bag lifter for the tractor front loader and try to unloading them, you will get a 100% sure crash, contracts in many specific situation, is 100% bug...... my notebook runs the game in the "very high" settings, it's not the 100% possible, it's about 90% and at 60 fps constantly, so if you have nothing better to add here, fanboy, go seed potatoes!
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:06 am
banjaxed
Had to quote just for that. Such an underused word, I love it.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

alanarientiziech wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:46 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 pm lol whatevs sell enough and you'll be getting a few people complaining of crashes innit due to banjaxed hardware while all the uvverz are happily playing along seems to me that you're jumping to conclusions that have no basis in like fact.

few people complaining crash? if you get the double bag lifter for the tractor front loader and try to unloading them, you will get a 100% sure crash, contracts in many specific situation, is 100% bug...... my notebook runs the game in the "very high" settings, it's not the 100% possible, it's about 90% and at 60 fps constantly, so if you have nothing better to add here, fanboy, go seed potatoes!
Well them don't use the double bag lifter until it's patched. Just pull up alongside the bag and press R. Not exactly rocket science. :confusednew:

it's almost like people are looking for things to complain about...
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Given that the game has been out just 7/8 days, depending on when you got the game, I feel it's a bit daft to be going off the deep end just yet, like many of the posts on this forum seem to be doing. Especially as one of the head Dev's has already said they are aiming to bring out a patch in the next 2/3 weeks.

It's as stupid as complaining about a lack of mods, given that hardly any modders got pre-release access. How stupid are you to think loads of mods would be available within the first few days.

I guess a lack of thought and zero knowledge how things work is a common trend with most of the posts I've been reading the past few days.

Bugs and game issues are frustrating, but name one game released in the last 10+ years that didn't have plenty of bugs and glitches. It's not nice, but it is the way the computer game industry works now.
I bought Fs22 knowing full well it won't be decent until at least the 2nd or 3rd patch.

It's bit different when 6 months to a year down the line the game devs still haven't fixed issues. Then is the time to start complaining if you feel the need.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

alanarientiziech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:52 pm I've searched and found nothing.

when the next patch is being planned to be released?

1 week, 1 month, 1 year???

I want to play properly.....
Last games patch came out for PC testing after a couple weeks, then for everyone a couple days before Christmas. They can’t just fix one thing here. They have multiple bugs, in which the fix has to be tested against the other fixes to make sure the fixes don’t break bigger things. In all reality, expect around March next year for most big bugs to be fully fixed.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Pretty much what BB said. The game is playable for the most part. I am by no means dismissing reports of crashes and game flat out refusing to work - but those are outliers, certainly not the norm. FS22 has released with about as many issues as every other iteration had in the past. If there is something that is really irritating me it's the lack of a centralised, official bug list. At least that way many people would be confident that the issues they've been seeing are confirmed and being evaluated. I do appreciate collating such a list is a tall order, nevertheless I feel it would be prudent to have one posted.

For anyone new to the franchise, or just new to the forum - nothing here is out of the ordinary. GIANTS have a certain way of doing things. Play your game, enjoy it (if you can), and wait for the first patch to drop. It won't happen overnight, but they are diligently working on one. Now, whether it will include all the changes you want, that's up for debate, but they will at least squash the most obvious bugs.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:54 pmBugs and game issues are frustrating, but name one game released in the last 10+ years that didn't have plenty of bugs and glitches. It's not nice, but it is the way the computer game industry works now.
I can name countless games. Also most game developers are able to fix things within days, a week tops. I played games for 35 years and it have never been as bad as it is today.

I work in a company as an infrastructure engineer where we host, develop and design applications and systems for customers. There is a big difference. We can do fixes within hours at worst.

The problem is that people accept this with game companies and the bar just gets lower and lower. There is a reason why indie devs kicks established studios so easily today.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Is there a way for us to see all customer reported bugs in their public database? I went there, and it seemed like I was only able to see my own tickets...which is a bit useless, as I won't have more than 1-2 open. If I was a beta tester, that would be different, I would have dozens.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

Wow what a not answer :

I can name countless games....and then which ones ??? :confusednew:
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

BernardC wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:12 pm Wow what a not answer :

I can name countless games....and then which ones ??? :confusednew:
Neither is "all games last 10+ years are filled with bugs and glitches."

I could just name Frostpunk, Civilization series, Witcher series, Deep Rock Galactic for example. Either few bugs or fast fixed. Take Nintendo games? Pretty much bug free entirely. Then we can talk about indie devs that simply amazes at this point.

Now we are used to the concept of Day 1 patches from the known studios. Simply because the games are no where near done.

There was a hope that FS22 would change this, as they did not have the publisher pressure anymore. Plus they had an extra year to develop and do QA in. As a result however they made the most buggy FS release ever with perhaps the least added amount of new features in it and a QA that is entirely missing.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Shintai wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:08 pm I can name countless games. Also most game developers are able to fix things within days, a week tops. I played games for 35 years and it have never been as bad as it is today.

I work in a company as an infrastructure engineer where we host, develop and design applications and systems for customers. There is a big difference. We can do fixes within hours at worst.

The problem is that people accept this with game companies and the bar just gets lower and lower. There is a reason why indie devs kicks established studios so easily today.
All the game's I've played in the last few years all had bugs from the off, and in most cases were never even fixed. Forza 4 Horizon (had a major MP bug which still hasn't been fixed), Star Wars Battlefront 2 (tons of graphic glitches and random game crashes never fixed), Wreckfest (lots of model and graphic glitches and occasional crashes), Elite Dangerous (random crashes), F1 2020 (game stutters), F1 2021 (random crashes and loads of graphic glitches)

As you haven't developed your own game and published it, all your saying is kind of a mute point. Would of, should of, could of. There's nothing tangible we can actually compare. Not being funny with you, but that is a fact.

You work in a different industry, with a different clientele, and that's great you work so diligently to produce a fully working product and also provide quick tech support.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the current state of affairs, but I'm also not gonna waste my breath as nothing is going to change unless the vast majority of customers stopped purchasing the products on release which will never happen.

The difference this time round is GIANTS have been far more proactive in fixing things even before the release, there attitude as been very different from the [WON'T FIX] of the Fs19 era which sadly has become a meme for that game.

So for now I'm doing my best in helping them with bug reports, I even setup a dedicated area on our Discord for members to post any bugs they find so those can also be passed on to GIANTS.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Another major factor is FS22 was simultaneously released for multiple platforms. It's not like Nintendo only developing for their own hardware. Furthermore, for the first time for the Farming SImuluator Franchise, we have a cross-platform multi-player. Not only that but mods across multiple platforms in multi-player! While that's not unprecedented, it's not exactly mainstream in the computer/console gaming world.

For a company the size of Giants, what they have accomplished is actually pretty impressive.