Most profitable animal in fs22

Paco_86

Most profitable animal in fs22

Post by Paco_86 »

Hello, community! Well, a simple question for you: what a animal is the most profitable in FS22?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
JaGoose

Re: Most profitable animal in fs22

Post by JaGoose »

Will purely depend on what production chains you are going to invest in. Sheep offer a great return when turning the wool into fabric at the spinnery then clothes at the tailors. Also they are cheap to feed.

Cows can be used to turn the milk into cheese and butter at the dairy and are also needed if you also want to make cakes at the bakery. You can also sell use the slurry and manure at the biogas plant. Cows are a lot more work intense than sheep.

I currently have a cow barn with 80 cows and they are providing enough milk to supply my dairy without it running out. I have butter and cheese making constantly. My next move will to be expanding my farm with a sugar factory so I can also start making chocolate.

Chickens like always don't earn great money but egss needed for making cakes. Pigs cost lots to feed due to all the different maount of food types they require, purely sold for meat so they are a slow return. I hear horse are not as profitable as they used to be.
player1s

Post by player1s »

JaGoose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 am
Chickens like always don't earn great money but egss needed for making cakes. Pigs cost lots to feed due to all the different maount of food types they require, purely sold for meat so they are a slow return. I hear horse are not as profitable as they used to be.
I'm kinda surprised there isnt a butcher in the production chain where you can send your pigs and meat cows to. But probably the same reason grapes produce grape juice and not wine :lol:
And I assume both might end up on mod hub soon.
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

player1s wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:13 am
I'm kinda surprised there isnt a butcher in the production chain where you can send your pigs and meat cows to. But probably the same reason grapes produce grape juice and not wine :lol:
Agreed - I am sure we will be making wine and beer very soon via mods :biggrin2:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

JaGoose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 am Chickens like always don't earn great money
Eggs pay really well and can be handled by hand. I'll leave it at that, but they are significantly better than FS19.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

^^This. I was surprised at how much one full pallet of eggs paid out, but using the small pen took awhile to accumulate with 30 chickens (although I have been selling off 15 every two months to keep reproduction going).
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

I suppose that's the problem I encountered as I only had a small pen and the production rate was really slow. I will need to get Chickens again at some poing though in a year or so when I will be making cakes.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I wish there was a way to move new chicks to a separate pen. It's mind boggling to me that there still is no way to move chickens in base game after all this time.

Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

JaGoose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 am Will purely depend on what production chains you are going to invest in. Sheep offer a great return when turning the wool into fabric at the spinnery then clothes at the tailors. Also they are cheap to feed.

Cows can be used to turn the milk into cheese and butter at the dairy and are also needed if you also want to make cakes at the bakery. You can also sell use the slurry and manure at the biogas plant. Cows are a lot more work intense than sheep.

I currently have a cow barn with 80 cows and they are providing enough milk to supply my dairy without it running out. I have butter and cheese making constantly. My next move will to be expanding my farm with a sugar factory so I can also start making chocolate.

Cows mmm interesting... Any differences between brown swiss and holstein in milk production?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

JaGoose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:45 am
player1s wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:13 am
Agreed - I am sure we will be making wine and beer very soon via mods :biggrin2:
Just as we did not have breweries available as Global Company factories, you will not see beer or wine, and most likely not slaughterhouses on ModHub. Giants keeps their ModHub mods PEGI-3 rated as well...else, people would have meth labs on Modhub.

PEGI-3 is a pretty silly standard, but that's the market they are going for. Only comical or childlike violence against fantasy creatures is allowed for PEGI-3. Alcohol isn't allowed until PEGI-16. However, sexual inuendo and mild bad language is quite suitable for PEGI-12. No animals are described in the PEGI ratings, so I am sure they are treating them as humans. Hunting games seem to be PEGI-16 for example, as PEGI-16 allows "real life violence".

https://pegi.info/what-do-the-labels-mean
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

No, both breeds will produce the same.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

JaGoose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:40 pm No, both breeds will produce the same.
Ok thanks!
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

Most profitable animals currently are chicken, followed by cows. Pigs and sheep are not worth it.
NateS

Post by NateS »

I watched a video by MrSealyP about cows that showed the Swiss to be more productive than the holstien but requiring more feed to do so. It wasn't the greatest test though. It was more about the workings of the different barns with some fast forwarding involved. Might try it myself to confirm.
PC & PS4
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pigs are definitely worth it if you have patience and a couple large pens. I modded the base game ones to hold 500 and made a killing when I was testing pigs.