Balancing of the contracts

Ellegon

Balancing of the contracts

Post by Ellegon »

Hey everyone,

I noticed that the contracts are heavily un-balanced. For example, I got a contract to plow a field and after about 2 hours of RL (with the equipment that came with the contract) I had around 50% done. The contract would have netted around 8k.

At the same time, a friend was doing some fertiizing contracts and even considering the costs of the fertilizer, he easily got around 5k in about 10 minutes time.

Same goes for other contracts. Seeding for example takes a long time and if it's potatoes you will have very high costs. Baling is lucrative, but then again it's a lot of steps. For me it's not as bad as plowing, but not as good as fertilizing.

Also, there are contracts who pay around 300$.... I don't see them actually be worth the time tbh...

I know contracts shouldn't be the fast way to make money... but shouldn't it be somehow balanced? For example: you get around 5-10k for an hour of RL time? So a 4 hour plowing contract would bring in around 40k, whereas a 10 minute fertilizing job is around 1-2k?

Is there a way to balance it for me? And I don't mean the active contracts (I know I could do that in the .xml), but the general rewards for the various types?
Shintai

Re: Balancing of the contracts

Post by Shintai »

This have been the same in all FS series. You can try open a bug report on it.
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Yeah, most profitable contracts seem to be Harvesting(time investment), Baling(bring own trailer), and if you get any spraying rig the Fertilizing and Spraying jobs are money. Plowing, Cultivating, and Sowing are just time slogs not worth the money.
Another discrepancy you may not have noticed is the cost to rent equipment. For any other Contract renting the equipment is about 10% or so penalty to the contract price. Cultivating is about 50%.
Sienihemmo

Post by Sienihemmo »

Yeah fully agree that plowing and sowing jobs aren't worth it at all. Cultivating may be worth it if it's a high paying contract and you already own a wide cultivator. Spraying and fertilizing jobs are where its at though, I even bought a second sprayer just so I can do every single one of them.