general question

MagicBoy

Re: general question

Post by MagicBoy »

TacoFarmer wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:12 pm
MagicBoy wrote: ↑Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:23 pm It's PEGI3 / ESRB E rated.

Same for wine from grapes. No alcohol.
But there are reference to fake beer brands on the gas station windows at ElmCreek.
Kids can see beer commercials in the real world. There's a fake beer brand in the Simpsons which is family viewing, etc etc etc. So I'm not quite sure what your point is?

My point is that Farming Simulator is sandbox game. Having kids growing grain to turn into beer or spirits, or grapes into wine isn't acceptable under the rating system. Neither would growing tobacco, or cannabis which is the next logical step.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Modders will probably make slaughter houses and things like that. And after it can be sold at the farmers market or the store πŸ‘Œ
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Azfoor wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:26 am Modders will probably make slaughter houses and things like that. And after it can be sold at the farmers market or the store πŸ‘Œ
Those mods won't get approved for modhub.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

vhd wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:19 pm I think there is a bigger threat than PEGI/ESRB - PETA.
They are really aggressive sometimes
dude no doubt, remember when fs17 released and PETA said giants should include images of pig slaughter houses because giants were adding pigs into the game :lol: Peta can pi** off basically
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

deerefarm wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:12 pm
MagicBoy wrote: ↑Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:23 pm It's PEGI3 / ESRB E rated.

Same for wine from grapes. No alcohol.
But there are reference to fake beer brands on the gas station windows at ElmCreek.
Really, I'll have to check that out. If they're advertising Beer, even fake beer, so why not let us make wine??

Sorry, had to grab a glass of water while waiting for Elm creek to load. And you are correct, it's called Bella Lite and it's also Bella Time. Now I wish we had a production chain to produce "Bella Lite" :mrgreen:
Right. If they're advertising beer, they should have a brewery and a winery.
mrodgers

Post by mrodgers »

MagicBoy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:14 pm
mrodgers wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:37 pm Soft society. What does PG13 have to do with a slaughterhouse and butcher? My girls were both out with me at 4 and 7 years old butchering chickens.
Who stated anything about PG13? That's a American movie rating.
I saw "PEG13" and assumed it was similar to our PG13. (which I also see it's PEGI as in i and not 1)
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

mrodgers wrote: ↑Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:46 pm
MagicBoy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:14 pm
mrodgers wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:37 pm Soft society. What does PG13 have to do with a slaughterhouse and butcher? My girls were both out with me at 4 and 7 years old butchering chickens.
Who stated anything about PG13? That's a American movie rating.
I saw "PEG13" and assumed it was similar to our PG13. (which I also see it's PEGI as in i and not 1)
OK, that's a new one! :biggrin2:
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

:hmm:
deerefarm wrote: ↑Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:06 pm This is an interesting topic. I can see the reference to alcohol changing the game rating as several game have to have warning that they contain references to alcohol amongst other things. But educating children on where there food comes from should not change the "rating" of a game. I grew up on a dairy farm and we had a small flock of sheep, we even had one that was called "Lamb Chop" who was deaf and had to be kept in the a pen by herself. As she couldn't hear anything she wouldn't hear the warning from the other sheep when there was a wolf around. As she was at the main farm the dogs would alert if a wolf was around and that alone was often enough to keep the wolf at bay. Yes we lost other sheep to wolves but that's another story. Anyway one day "Lamb Chop" disappeared and my parents simply said she'd gone to another farmer who had a bigger pen for her. A couple of days later the freezer was full. :) Sunday dinner was always a roast and alternated between lamb and beef... I wasn't a stupid child, as most aren't, and it didn't take too long for me to figure out where the animals were going.
Now where I'm going with this is, a. We no longer have a farm and I now work in the city, and b. A lot of people I know who grew up in the city have no idea about farming or where there food comes from. To quote one person "I've never really thought about it, my meat comes from the grocery store on a Styrofoam package".
So surely using the game as an educational tool should not change it's rating? And surely no one is letting their three year old play on the computer unsupervised?? So if you don't want them to learn about "meat" don't let them play that aspect of the production chain.

One final thought kids learn about *ex in school now at a very early age, but video games that have sexual references are rated 18+. Just my two cents, or as we no longer have pennies in Canada, my 5 cents worth.
Ahahaha nice history! 🀣
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM