(Un)announced feature

Miketeg

(Un)announced feature

Post by Miketeg »

Hi all! Lot of major features were announced by Giants / during previous gameplay.

But I think there's much more to discover and I found some everytime i'm playing.

Here's my little list, do not hesitate to add when you find something.
1 - Tractor needs to run in order to fold/unfold/drop/up equipment.
2 - Harvester needs to be running to unload grain
3 - Rain doesn't stop us from harvesting, but yield will be lower
4 - There's an elevation drop when you enter in a cultivated / plowed field. Pretty sure this is something new, if not, it was more subtle in FS19.
5 - Dirt on equipment has been highly improved
6 - When using the pressure washer, there's now a message with the length remaining on the hose when you are going too far
7 - Fertilizer spreader / sprayer now have a function to reduce width, that also impact the usage of product
8 - Fillplane in trailer has been highly improved and in some silage trailer, fill plane will be over the highest side of the trailer
9 - There's a "combinaison" feature in the shop, it helps to find right header for the combine (as example)

List from reply :
1 - Minimap/field PDA dynamically updates when you merge, extend or change fields from default. Even new roads will be displayed
2 - In your garage, you can see your owned equipment in the thumb nail
3 - Multi-angle terrain (not as good as modder in FS19, but way better than out of the box!)
4 - Sprayer arms follow the terrain now. If you go to a steep hill the arm will lift up.
5 - Steering also doesn't function unless the engine is running (also hydraulic, but still).
6 - Vehicles running inside a building will echo.
7 - Equipment will "clunk" when going over bumps and bridge thresholds.
8 - Garage allows you to select which item it you drive a tractor with front weight on the front and implement on the back.
9 - You can select buildings without having enough cash to see fitment.
10 - Brightness in the menu on console!
11 - Dynamic seat camera in the menu
12 - You can choose to only spray just on the the left or right side, however, this isn't mapped in the controls by default.
13 - Overtaking AI. Only noticed it on Elmcreek highway so far. Don't know if they can overtake on single lanes
14 - When in build mode, you can rename any building by pressing R3 (PS4)
15 - Input binding are now in category, including mods (each mods seems to have its own keybind).
16 - Choice of tires on trailers affects their max capacity (weight if you have it turned on).
17 - You can now choose an option to turn on Realistic Beacon Lights on PS5/XBS.
18 - If you strap equipment down on a trailer, it doesn't move.
19 - The heap behavior when you use a shovel to pick something out of it, like rocks, grain,lime etc, have gotten a nice upgrade, and you can push with the shovels now 👌
20 - Road sign stay down even if you reload a savegame.
21 - Under the box icon in the store menu, you can choose a specific crop and you'll get a recommended pack of equipment to plant/grow/harvest that particular crop.
22 - If you sell a vehicle in multiplayer, it appears on the used market in the store.
23 - Possibility to choose the quantity in the animal screen
24 - Fruit following wind / sun, etc. More noticeable than in FS19 (see below why)
25 - Crops' heights and directions vary now though
26 - When placing sheds, or animal barns. You have a few color selections to choose from.
27- The speed limiter will work seperately for forward and rearward driving.
28 - The ability to sleep anytime throughout the day, and to pick what time to wake up
29 - Hired workers can now do angles of 22.5 degrees. (Instead of 45 degrees; N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW)
30 - Vehicle's camera's inside/outside, pitch, rotation and zoom is "the same" when loading a save-game, as when you saved it.
31 - The fenced areas of animal pens align to the terrain. Only the building itself needs leveled ground.
32 - Bees hibernate and do not produce honey in the cold months.
33 - CTRL+B now turns them all on too. For example, front and rear mowers, or the Kuhn HR 4040 + Venta 4030 harrow/drill combination.
34 - If you remove a mod that had it's own keybindings, they don't show up in-game
35 - Was driving to water tank on starter farm and at the walking path a pedestrian stopped and let me cross instead of walking through me
36 - Baller now have the auto-unload function (did not test on all baller)
37 - In a multiplayer game, you can give contractor rights to a specific person on a dedicated server, and if that person isn't online, you can give permission to the whole farm so you don't have to coordinate times to be on a dedicated server!
38 - Everytime you load up a map, the crops in each field change. In FS19, the growth stages might be different, but the crops were always the same in each field.
39 - Wide or standard tires did not destroy root crops once topped, but they do now.
40 - If you harvest sunflowers, the header doesn't go down all the way. I assume this is how it is in real life too.
41 - Sugar beet planters no longer leave ridges (like potatoes) but rather a smooth soil bed like regular planter.
42 - when you sleep a sleeping icon appears with zzz's (1.2)
43 - Field info now tells you what type of weeder to use (1.2)
44 - Dev mode now has a console command to show where the "collectables" are (1.2)
45 - Animals now show at what age they can breed, and how long the gestation period is(1.2)
46 - ability to set the time scale to 240x or 360x. (1.2)
47 -After the patch we have the ability to place anywhere now (1.2)
48 - Window showing up before we lease stuff that tells us about what all the cost is (1.2)
49 - The store pages now scroll supported filltypes, rather than just show a +.
50 - The harvester stay "empty" until the animation of potatoes / sugarbeats falling off the belt and into it's chamber came into play
51 - The weather station have started chirping after the update.
52 - They removed plow state in the map filter. I wonder why though but added "needs rolling" state to replace the plow. (1.2)
53 - The announcer (Carey Harry :lol: ) at the ballpark on Elm Creek and the siren of a distant police car/ambulance/fire truck (1.2)
54 - When I zoom in on my character in a vehicle, the head moves side-to-side
55 - Bunker Silos "snap" if you place them close together.
56 - Mods installed using the Modhub doesn't require you to relaunch the game (After installing update 1.2)
57 - When going into a metal shed I've noticed exhaust sounds change. Like it's echoing off the tin

PS : I do hope there's not already a thread on this
PPS : Please, do not change this topic into a "bug report".
Last edited by Miketeg on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
chedly_farms

Re: (Un)announced feature

Post by chedly_farms »

Yes, some of these were very nice surprises when I noticed them. I really appreciate the fact that the combines won’t unload or headers go up and down without the combine running.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm Hi all! Lot of major features were announced by Giants / during previous gameplay.

But I think there's much more to discover and I found some everytime i'm playing.

Here's my little list, do not hesitate to add when you find something.

7 - Fertilizer spreader / sprayer now have a function to reduce width, that also impact the usage of product

PS : I do hope there's not already a thread on this
PPS : Please, do not change this topic into a "bug report".
I do really like this add on I just wish they also let us choose which side to spray ( left or right) as well. Would be just as handy in some circumstances if I could just spray one side instead of centering everything down the middle.
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

Don't know if this was announced by Giants before release but the minimap/field PDA dynamically updates when you merge, extend or change fields from default.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

- the PDA and maps shows your merged or new generated files, even new roads will be displayed
- in your garage, you can see your owned equipment in the thumb nail
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Tranceformer81 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm Don't know if this was announced by Giants before release but the minimap/field PDA dynamically updates when you merge, extend or change fields from default.
Yep true! That's a nice one.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I don't think it was properly announced but ploughing is much improved with at least twice as much plough angles 👍👍👍👍
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 pm I don't think it was properly announced but ploughing is much improved with at least twice as much plough angles 👍👍👍👍
It was announced of Discord I think, but you're right, no "official" blog about this. Will add it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yes, these are some really nice little additions that I love. Not only do hydraulics not work, but steering also doesn't function unless the engine is running (also hydraulic, but still).

Also, vehicles running inside a building will echo.

Equipment will "clunk" when going over bumps and bridge thresholds.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

That kinda attention to detail separates the good game from a mediocre or a crappy one. Details are important and they add to the immersion. Im glad giants went ahead and contributed some development time to this details the more the better the game overall feels.
player1s

Post by player1s »

Garage allows you to select which item it you drive a tractor with front weight on the front and implement on the back.

and now you can select buildings without having enough cash. In FS19 it will say right away you don't have enough but sometimes you just want to check if it fits. You can do now in FS22
Last edited by player1s on Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

We can now sell mushrooms to the local “coffee” shop

Ignorance is bliss
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Sprayer arms follow the terrain now. If you go to a steep hill the arm will lift up.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

player1s wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:10 pm Garage allows you to select which item it you drive a tractor with front weight on the front and implement on the back.

and now you can select buildings without having enough cash. In FS19 it will say right away you don't have enough but sometimes you just want to check if it fits. You can do now in FS22
Yes love this feature hated having to hook everything off to get the right bit in the garage.
Collectibles being back is also a big thing for me as it really motivates me to explore the map compared to fs19. Plus the money helps alot 😂.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

- brightness in the menu on console! Turn it down, makes the game look much better for me!
- dynamic seat camera in the menu (even it looks like not working atm)
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR