Map icons

Kaizer17

Map icons

Post by Kaizer17 »

My son just got Fs22, and we are a bit confused as to what the icons on the map mean. In FS19 there was text explaining what kind of selling point it was; grain elevator, sawmill etc.

In FS22 we have to guess; often wrong.

Is there a guide as to what icons mean?

Is there an option to mark selling point for the different products, so you can be guided there, as was the case i FS19?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
coleislazy

Re: Map icons

Post by coleislazy »

you can click an icon on the map to see what it is (if you use a controller i believe you move the selector over it and press the left stick button).

on the price list page you can mark a sell point if you click it (or highlight with controller) and press the key listed at the bottom of the screen. this will make it have a large glowing beacon in the world that you can see from just about anywhere.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

^^ This but on a controller it is right stick I believe.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Kaizer17

Post by Kaizer17 »

Thank you.
GreenMtns

Post by GreenMtns »

How do you turn the icons on and off?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

In the filters if you scroll over a few tabs you can toggle them
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Unfortunately they change their icons every version, so you are always left guessing in the beginning.
Their controller binding is awful as well. It's like they see what every other game does, and then do the exact opposite.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The bindings have not changed in any game iirc. There was no farming games on console when FS15 released so why you think they would do opposite to others is baffling
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Guil wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:45 pm The bindings have not changed in any game iirc. There was no farming games on console when FS15 released so why you think they would do opposite to others is baffling
I didn't mean specifically farming games.
Game controller buttons are normally assigned to common functions in games. For example, Xbox "a" button is typically select. In FS, they use different buttons for select depending on the screen, so there's no consistency.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Surely that's irrelevant? In racing games it's usually handbrake iirc
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

When you're driving, there's nothing to select. In the menu system, "a" is typically select, unless you're in FS menu system.
Disclaimer:
Guil

Post by Guil »

The only place you can select anything in menus is on the map view afaik. You use the right stick to move so I'd argue is intuitive to push that stick to select something rather than having to press another button no?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Funnily enough, in the animal menu A is select so I'm not sure what your issue is
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

You confirmed what I said about no consistency. In the map view, pressing "left stick" is used to select, but in the animal menu, pressing "a" is used to select.
Anyways, it's no big deal if you like it the way it is.
Disclaimer:
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's 2 places in base game where you can select something afaik. Esc menu showing the map, it's better on the stick you use to move around imo. If it was A you would be using the right stick to move the cursor and then have to let go of that and press A.
The second is the animal buy trigger.