Direct seeding bug?

Kap

Direct seeding bug?

Post by Kap »

Not sure if this a bug or I’m just doing it wrong or expect different behaviour. I’m on PS5 version if that helps.

Tested this with a few different options and pretty much ruined my save.

Purchased the Kverneland DTX 300 AR with attached a-drill 500. I tested on a field that was harvested, but not mulched:

- engage AI worker and the worker ONLY cultivates, does not direct seed as well. No way to get them to use both.
- if you lower and engage equipment MANUALLY it both cultivates and seeds (as expected).

Also tested with Kuhn 4040 + Venta 4030 combo. The AI helper refuses to engage "No Field Found" error. Manually, you cannot engage both the power harrow and seeder at the same time. If you:

- power on harrow
- lower harrow
- turn on seeder
- Result: Nothing happens, you can drive over the field but no status change.

If you:

- disconnect the seeder attachment from the power harrow
- Result: you can cultivate the field AND the AI will engage.

There seems to be an issue with the AI and direct seeding machines?

I also tested on a harvested and mulched field with the exact same result.

Am I wrong in my assumption of how these should work? I played fs19 and fairly sure this is how these worked on that version.
paul_c

Re: Direct seeding bug?

Post by paul_c »

I've seen something similar too, since then I've avoided using the AI for seeding and always done it myself.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

The equipment is bugged and in some ways the AI as well. Hopefully they fix it or it is just there to make it even harder for newer players to begin.

The equipment is also broken with leasing as you for example only can return 1 of the 2 sections on the Kuhn or Amazone seeders.
Kap

Post by Kap »

I raised a bug via the reporting tool and had a response that it will be fixed in the next patch (no eta on when however). So that at least sounds promising! Now let's hope they also fix the AI not working properly on non-square/rectangular fields *thumbsup*
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Kap wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 amNow let's hope they also fix the AI not working properly on non-square/rectangular fields *thumbsup*
Not happening. Also one of the many reasons the supplied maps requires a redesign. Fields being to close to one another is another issue the AI can´t handle even if square.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Even the working width of 3.0 meters is not correct, as found when using the proSeed mod combined with GuidanceSteering mod. If manually increased to 3.2 meters it works as intended.

There should be a fixation mini mod to just fix wrong values of vanilla stuff, for the convenience.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​