Forcing mods on us

JWE75

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by JWE75 »

Playing farm SIM and hates bees?!! 😂😂😂 You dont Have crops without them
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Shintai wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:06 am And it is actually not Giants that have to make it for last gen consoles, it is a demand from Microsoft and Sony.
What’s your source?

I think Giants releases it on the old consoles because they would lose a lot of money if they didn’t.
The new consoles are hard to get, so many many players are still on the old ones
Last edited by iwan073 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss
player1s

Post by player1s »

ltl.vamp wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:35 am Last Gen: 4 GB
Ps5: 8 GB
Xbox SX: 4 GB ( a fault?)

Btw: Flight simulator 2021 (FS 21, lol) by Microsoft offers 32 GB reserved Space on my Xbox SX. That should be the goal IMHO.
Still bogus IMHO. It is my console. Let me decide how much space I use for mods. If I only play FS22, why cant I use the rest of my storage for mods?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

player1s wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:26 am

Btw: Flight simulator 2021 (FS 21, lol) by Microsoft offers 32 GB reserved Space on my Xbox SX. That should be the goal IMHO.
Still bogus IMHO. It is my console. Let me decide how much space I use for mods. If I only play FS22, why cant I use the rest of my storage for mods?
The point is, that the consoles would crash, if it is too much to load.
For example: Flight simulator can load only ONE plane! One! The game don't care how much planes you got!
You can choose airports or sight seeing, but the game streams this places and you never will be able to see all this mods placed together!

On the other hand with farming sim: without limit, you could put thousands of equipment, houses, machines and so on on your game. That's a bomb for consoles.

We need a limit, but 4GB on Xbos SX must be a fault, while PS5 get 8 GB.

I told, 32 GB should be the goal, but at the end, there are the restrictions and everything more than 4GB is good.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Actualy it HURTS console that Giants adds ther own mods on modhub insted of a patch. Modspace is severly limited on consoles. 8gb for PS5. And 4gb for the rest. It would be mutch beter to add them in a patch or as a free DLC as thos dont take modspace. HD space is ofcourse limited to but nowwhere near as mutch as modspace
eric21

Post by eric21 »

mackintosh wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 pm Wasn't one of the reasons due to console limitations? It's been a while, and I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it had something to do with slots.
No, the slots have expanded greatly for older consoles. I feel this is about Giants mods on modhub but it's to do with more time constraints than anything
eric21

Post by eric21 »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 am
Shintai wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:06 am And it is actually not Giants that have to make it for last gen consoles, it is a demand from Microsoft and Sony.
What’s your source?

I think Giants releases it on the old consoles because they wouldn’t lose a lot of money if they didn’t.
The new consoles are hard to get, so many many players are still on the old ones
Giants wanted more mod space for fs19 but both Xbox and Sony said no
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mafredr wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:16 am Actualy it HURTS console that Giants adds ther own mods on modhub insted of a patch. Modspace is severly limited on consoles. 8gb for PS5. And 4gb for the rest. It would be mutch beter to add them in a patch or as a free DLC as thos dont take modspace. HD space is ofcourse limited to but nowwhere near as mutch as modspace
Seems mod storage is actually better so farz obviously the detailed and bigger mods havent come out yet, but seems to be better, I'm guessing the mods have been optimised for consoles better
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mafredr wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:16 am Actualy it HURTS console that Giants adds ther own mods on modhub insted of a patch. Modspace is severly limited on consoles. 8gb for PS5. And 4gb for the rest. It would be mutch beter to add them in a patch or as a free DLC as thos dont take modspace. HD space is ofcourse limited to but nowwhere near as mutch as modspace
Excluding testing maps I don't think I've ever used 8GB of mods on PC, even with all the mods on other sites not available on console.

Looking at the GIANTS mods the FIAT, for example, is 12mb. I know multiple mods will quickly add up, but to breach 8GB will be going some. Obviously maps take up much more space, but honestly, how many maps are you going to play concurrently?

Mod space on consoles was an issue on FS17 but since the texture changes for FS19 were introduced the space needed for mods (particularly equipment) has generally decreased (that's very much dependant on how good the modder is though).

I think the issue with some players (and this isn't just console players) is that they see a mod and they want it without stopping to think "where will I use this?". In a way the mod space limit is (or was) a good thing in that it might force users to think about being selective with the mods they use.

The bigger issue in FS19 were slots, but they shouldn't be an issue in FS22 - assuming the Xbox Series S/X get boosted to 8gb of space eventually too.
dirtyduckuk

Post by dirtyduckuk »

I don't understand why there is a difference in reserved space between the PS5 and Xbox SX. This must be a bug and is easy fixable.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

dirtyduckuk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am
I don't understand why there is a difference in reserved space between the PS5 and Xbox SX. This must be a bug and is easy fixable.
That’s because Sony and Microsoft are two different companies, with their own guidelines and rules.
Has nothing to do with bugs
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

eric21 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:19 am
What’s your source?

I think Giants releases it on the old consoles because they wouldn’t lose a lot of money if they didn’t.
I thought Shintai meant that Sony and Microsoft demanded that Giants brought FS22 to the old consoles
Ignorance is bliss
fuall

Post by fuall »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:56 am
eric21 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:19 am

What’s your source?

I thought Shintai meant that Sony and Microsoft demanded that Giants brought FS22 to the old consoles
I doubt that MS would demand Giants make FS22 available to old consoles. I have XBox One, and there are games on the XBox store that says not playable on my device. It is purely a Giants decision.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

eric21 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:18 am No, the slots have expanded greatly for older consoles. I feel this is about Giants mods on modhub but it's to do with more time constraints than anything
Ah, fair enough, like I said, my memory's not what it used to be ;) That, and I don't play on console, so haven't been following developments there.

You're probably right, maybe they want to update all the older models to FS22 spec. We always used to have a mix of updated and outdated models that was rather jarring. Still, pretty sure the Quadtrac and the 10.90 were rebuilt for FS19, so that doesn't explain their absence.
Laur1112

Post by Laur1112 »

I like the option of being able to download mods on farming sim I don’t want the mods to just all be base game because that would give you way to much and there is already a lot built in to base game so the mods give you an option of if you want to add more you can