Forcing mods on us

TheSarkY

Forcing mods on us

Post by TheSarkY »

Giants WHY ?! you are going to release patch so why are you putting vehicles from fs19 to modhub instead of including it in patch for base game. i dont like having to download mods and for public servers its pain in ass. i have never seen developers force mods on players, you should put every single vehicle or equipment you make into base game and not modhub, its just bad practice. modhub is for people to make custom mods. this is really starting to pi** me off, so much good equipment missing and then you gonna just put it on modhub while you could have put it in base game.
blue_painted

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by blue_painted »

What's wrong with mods? It gives players the option to not download.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

They’re forcing beehives on us too
I hate bees
Ignorance is bliss
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Wasn't one of the reasons due to console limitations? It's been a while, and I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it had something to do with slots.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

mackintosh wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 pm Wasn't one of the reasons due to console limitations? It's been a while, and I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it had something to do with slots.
It has everything to do with that. Every one they include with the game is more space consumed on the console, whether the player uses them or not. The ModHub gives them a way to make it available for those who want it without forcing it on everyone that doesn’t.

Indirectly, it also gives them a way to extend their development timeline and manage workload, since they can get mods ready to release at a pace they choose and can adjust, instead of chasing release day.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 pm They’re forcing beehives on us too
I hate bees
I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES!
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 am If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
Just because they make a mod available doesn't force you to download it. And if you're on pc you have unlimited space for mods anyway. Just because you don't like it that way doesn't mean its wrong
Playing on PC and PS4
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Giants - Please put the gun away, I promise I will download every mod!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ya giants is brain dead, every vehicle they planned on putting on the mod hub on day one should have been in the base game. This is extremely problematic for console users because instead of the tractor just being in the base game you have to use up valuable mod space to download it. And to everyone saying "it gives the players the option to only download the equipment they use," going by that logic we may as well just include no equipment in game and put it all on the mod hub, now instead of getting everything in a nice one download package, you have to go into the mod hub every time you want to use a different tractor, or if you pre-download the mods you have to go and spend 2 hours surfing through the mod hub to find every piece of equipment you want.
parad0x177 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:15 am
mackintosh wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 pm Wasn't one of the reasons due to console limitations? It's been a while, and I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I seem to recall it had something to do with slots.
It has everything to do with that. Every one they include with the game is more space consumed on the console, whether the player uses them or not. The ModHub gives them a way to make it available for those who want it without forcing it on everyone that doesn’t.

Indirectly, it also gives them a way to extend their development timeline and manage workload, since they can get mods ready to release at a pace they choose and can adjust, instead of chasing release day.
No, this has nothing to do with it. Giants can make the game as big as they want and sony and microsoft will still ok it for their consoles. But sony and microsoft only allow players to have a limited amount of mod storage. Therefore it doesn't matter if the game only includes one tractor and is only 1 gb, or if it includes 300 tractors and is 60 gb, they player will only be able to download 4 gb of mods. Meaning, for console players at least, it is better to have all base game vehicles in the game, and not taking up space in their mod hub download space.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
hun3

Post by hun3 »

TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 am If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
Console is what's ruining this game....this and the fact that largest player group is under 15....that why we are making grape juice and cake. :hmm:
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

hun3 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 am
Console is what's ruining this game....this and the fact that largest player group is under 15....that why we are making grape juice and cake. :hmm:
lol if ya say so console players make up a very big part of the player base if fs was pc only giants would lose millions $$$
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Problem is the last gen consoles. Not the newer ones. Expect bugs and issues not able to be fixed because the performance and memory limitations on those consoles. Said consoles was already trash in 2009 at release due to the potato CPU.

And it is actually not Giants that have to make it for last gen consoles, it is a demand from Microsoft and Sony. But it is something that have destroyed any game with a console port for a while to come.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 am [snip]
No, this has nothing to do with it. Giants can make the game as big as they want and sony and microsoft will still ok it for their consoles. But sony and microsoft only allow players to have a limited amount of mod storage. Therefore it doesn't matter if the game only includes one tractor and is only 1 gb, or if it includes 300 tractors and is 60 gb, they player will only be able to download 4 gb of mods. Meaning, for console players at least, it is better to have all base game vehicles in the game, and not taking up space in their mod hub download space.
I didn't know this -- how limited is it? (seems like another reason not to play on console)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Last Gen: 4 GB
Ps5: 8 GB
Xbox SX: 4 GB ( a fault?)

Btw: Flight simulator 2021 (FS 21, lol) by Microsoft offers 32 GB reserved Space on my Xbox SX. That should be the goal IMHO.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR