Forcing mods on us

hrvacx

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by hrvacx »

I dont get the complaint. Why should they not add mods of their own. I dont see the real downside to this. I just dont get it...
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

There is no way of knowing what's going to be done yet.

From my sources the update that is coming any day now is substantial. I know of some of the things that are in that but there is loads I don't know.

Hopefully alot of the equipment that is missing from the dlc's jave now been put back in the game.

Only time would tell. To go into it anymore would be extremely speculative.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I read this morning that Giants have sold 1.5 million copies of FS22 in a week. It is on Push Square, but I assume that is across all platforms.

It seems to me the decisions they have made about what goes in the base game and what doesn't are about finding a multi platform common denominator. They not only have to cover old and new gen consoles but old-spec and top-spec PCs too.

1.5 mil sales says they made some good decisions. And of course the more they sell the closer we get to a triple-A game next time.

On another angle, when I started up the game last Monday I was surprised to see the Fiat tractor in the mods and not the game. It was my go-to tractor for a start up farm. Cheap and 150bhp. But the game now contains a much wider range of older, cheap tractors. I found I didn't need the Fiat any longer.

So perhaps the answer to the OPs comment is as mundane as that. Giants think you probably don't need these items in the base game, but in case you want them here they are as extras.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Maybe it helps keep the store unclogged with a lot of base game items that you're never going to use.
Playing on PC and PS4
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 pm I read this morning that Giants have sold 1.5 million copies of FS22 in a week. It is on Push Square, but I assume that is across all platforms.

It seems to me the decisions they have made about what goes in the base game and what doesn't are about finding a multi platform common denominator. They not only have to cover old and new gen consoles but old-spec and top-spec PCs too.

1.5 mil sales says they made some good decisions. And of course the more they sell the closer we get to a triple-A game next time.

On another angle, when I started up the game last Monday I was surprised to see the Fiat tractor in the mods and not the game. It was my go-to tractor for a start up farm. Cheap and 150bhp. But the game now contains a much wider range of older, cheap tractors. I found I didn't need the Fiat any longer.

So perhaps the answer to the OPs comment is as mundane as that. Giants think you probably don't need these items in the base game, but in case you want them here they are as extras.
In todays gaming triple a means microtransactions "road maps" broken and unfinished messes of games that are recycling content to oblivion. So i rather not see fs to be a triple a game and moving away from 2 year release cycle is much more appealing to me. Not only that i think fs22 can have a lifespan over 5 years if they continue to add content and patches. And modders will enhance the game along.
roggek

Post by roggek »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 pm They’re forcing beehives on us too
I hate bees
They forcing farming on us too...
I hate farming... :rolleyesnew:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I haven't been forced to download anything. I must be playing wrong.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

The extra 4gb on PS5 is probably an exclusive deal :hmm:
fuall

Post by fuall »

"Forcing mods on us" is the wrong wording and will trigger the defense gene in many, but I get what the OP is trying to saying. Why provide them as mods when you are capable of adding them in a patch in the base game, and thus saving valuable console mod space for modders creations.
Also, is there equipment from other versions missing in this one so they can add it as DLC to fulfill the season pass requirements?
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Doesn't including them in the base game still eat into the total storage the console has to work with? And the more mods one has in the game, the more unwieldy the store can get?

I assume by not putting everything possible into the base game makes it easier to allow the player to pick and choose what mods they DO want to add, all with the overall storage constraints being accounted for.

I have read in the past the FS console market is significantly larger than the PC market, so it's understandable why Giants is supporting consoles. Having a cross-platform multi-player means the PC version needs to stay in sync with the console versions.
fuall

Post by fuall »

ctb123 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:43 pm Doesn't including them in the base game still eat into the total storage the console has to work with? And the more mods one has in the game, the more unwieldy the store can get?

I assume by not putting everything possible into the base game makes it easier to allow the player to pick and choose what mods they DO want to add, all with the overall storage constraints being accounted for.

I have read in the past the FS console market is significantly larger than the PC market, so it's understandable why Giants is supporting consoles. Having a cross-platform multi-player means the PC version needs to stay in sync with the console versions.
Equipment in the base game doesn't use mod space. Sure, it'll make the game footprint bigger, but it doesn't take away from the allotted mod space, unless of course your HD is almost full.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 am If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
So exactly how is that going to work with cross play? Try and engage brain before mashing limbs on keyboard.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:20 am I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES! I HATE YOU BEES!
Bee Bush. Classic.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

ltl.vamp wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:51 am The game don't care how much planes you got!
This severely hurt my brain...
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Seeing as next gen consoles have over 5000 slots that's not an issue to me so I don't see why people are complaining be glad you're getting mods
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama