Forcing mods on us

MagicBoy

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by MagicBoy »

TheSarkY wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 am
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 am
TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm

before you comment on someone elses post try to think first. if you have no brain to use and cant think of way then surely means everyone else is stupid.
if pc is hosting then console players have to download mods.
there, was that so hard to think off?
ive seen you on many posts and always a smartass.
Someone has to be with so many "armchair genius" around.

I'll let you work out how to make something base game content and a mod at the same time, then code crossplay to recognise and resolve within the code. You can call it Schrodinger's Tractor.
Again if you don't have anything smart to say. Don't say anything.
No one said its simple, only that it's possible. And I'm not gonna work it out, it's not my game and I don't get paid for it.
Last time I'm replaying to stupid comments from you. If you want to insult someone go to your school and do it.
If In doubt reach for the insults. Bless. I left school decades ago, got a computer science degree and have been working in the industry ever since. You?
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:49 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 am

Someone has to be with so many "armchair genius" around.

I'll let you work out how to make something base game content and a mod at the same time, then code crossplay to recognise and resolve within the code. You can call it Schrodinger's Tractor.
No one said its simple, only that it's possible. And I'm not gonna work it out, it's not my game and I don't get paid for it.
Last time I'm replaying to stupid comments from you. If you want to insult someone go to your school and do it.
If In doubt reach for the insults. Bless. I left school decades ago, got a computer science degree and have been working in the industry ever since. You?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:52 am
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:25 am
redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:15 am fair enough. The thing is, as much as this is a niche market, giants are really the only ones in it, so if you want a farming game your gonna buy fs22.
If only FarmVille was still around, that game could rival FS22 haha.

Seriously though, I miss that game.
Dude my grandpa had this massive dairy farm on that game. Still remember going to his house for dinner and watching him run his farm after. That was quite awhile ago eh?
I remember wanting to spend every spare minute on that game, I was obsessed with that game at one point. Drove my parents bonkers when they were trying to do some work on Facebook, and I wanted to continue playing FarmVille :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TheSarkY wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Oh Snap!?! A Computer Science degree? Please forgive us common folks who have no real knowledge of the things that are above us. I am heading out to put Brawndo on my crops.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:33 pm
TheSarkY wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Oh Snap!?! A Computer Science degree? Please forgive us common folks who have no real knowledge of the things that are above us. I am heading out to put Brawndo on my crops.
I sense sarcasm. No idea what Brawndo is, but enjoy.

When someone leaps to an incorrect conclusion and calls me out, I'll reach for the facts. I'm not lording it over anyone, nor am I not ashamed of knowing about how computers work. I've got nothing but respect for the farmers, if I need farming tips I'll give you a shout.

I'm sure Sarky has skills I don't, when he's not making stupid statements then doubling down on them.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I believe I saw an ad for a Farmville reboot the other day
Playing on PC and PS4
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

MagicBoy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:11 pm
TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 am If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
So exactly how is that going to work with cross play? Try and engage brain before mashing limbs on keyboard.
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:00 pm When someone leaps to an incorrect conclusion and calls me out, I'll reach for the facts.
Dude are you out of your mind? You literally threw the first punch by saying this guy doesn't use his brain and then say he is leaping to incorrect conclusions. Get out of here with that bs, no one here gives a damn about you computer science degree.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fuall

Post by fuall »

You'd think if somebody was bragging about their computer science degree, they wouldn't need to ask the person they're insulting how to do something computer related.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

fuall wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:12 pm You'd think if somebody was bragging about their computer science degree, they wouldn't need to ask the person they're insulting how to do something computer related.
Where?

As you plainly didn't read above, I'm not bragging, just making the point I'm not a child as was alleged. Carry on making snide comments, I'll be here all day.
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

Shintai wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:06 am Problem is the last gen consoles. Not the newer ones. Expect bugs and issues not able to be fixed because the performance and memory limitations on those consoles. Said consoles was already trash in 2009 at release due to the potato CPU....
I don't understand this behavior anyway, the PS5 is out for a year now, why supporting the last gens that long? Availability or not, it took me just under two weeks to order a PS5 at a regular price. It's time for a cut, i think.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Because giants did a poll on platforms, and the older consoles won the vote
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Dreiviertel wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:36 pm ]

I don't understand this behavior anyway, the PS5 is out for a year now, why supporting the last gens that long?
Money,money,money.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I didn't like it at the time, but the way things have turned out, I think it's understandable, especially with all that's gone on in the world in the last two years. Millions have lost regular incomes and plenty of people simply don't have the money to buy a new console, and there are still shortages and price hikes.

Ultimately in a way it was a good thing older consoles were still supported as PC components (especially graphics cards) are still not much better than finding rocking horse manure, and while some are out there, it's hard to find them at anywhere near reasonable prices.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:26 pm
fuall wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:12 pm You'd think if somebody was bragging about their computer science degree, they wouldn't need to ask the person they're insulting how to do something computer related.
Where?

As you plainly didn't read above, I'm not bragging, just making the point I'm not a child as was alleged. Carry on making snide comments, I'll be here all day.
dude you brought up your computer science degree in the middle of an argument, on an online forum about a farming game. I'm pretty sure you were either bragging about it or using it to win an argument by showing how much smarter you are. Not quite sure which is worse...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

redglasses wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:44 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:26 pm
Where?

dude you brought up your computer science degree in the middle of an argument, on an online forum about a farming game. I'm pretty sure you were either bragging about it or using it to win an argument by showing how much smarter you are. Not quite sure which is worse...
I was replying to : " If you want to insult someone go to your school and do it."

Take it up with the person that made that unfounded allegation.