Forcing mods on us

ctb123

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by ctb123 »

I wonder if a the limit to included equipment might have something to do with what fits on the disc's for the physical version of the game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 pm 1.5 mil sales says they made some good decisions.
I usually find that early sales (first 2 weeks or so) is mostly decided by good marketing decisions, not necessarily good game play decisions. We can only really tell if giants is making good game play decisions after the first major patch.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Giants never force us to download the mods they add. They have a great selection of new machinery in FS22, and the mods they released on the ModHub only amount to 4 vehicles, a trailer, and an implement. All of the other pieces of machinery have been made by modders. In addition, the largest of the mods they have released (Claas Dominator combine pack) has a file size of 42.16 MB, meaning that downloading one of their six mods won't take up more than 1% of space on a 4GB mod folder, which is what the old-generation consoles have for mod space. It's only 0.53% of space on an 8GB mod folder in a PS5 and even less on a decent PC that will have a minimum of 256GB SSD/HDD space. I understand it can be a little annoying to have to download mods that are released by the developer themselves, but it's their decision, and they didn't even have to bring them as mods. They could've left them alone completely, and this thread would've been about how Giants didn't make any of their FS19 base game equipment into mods as well. The mods they have brought from FS19 amount to a tiny portion of the FS19 base game store lineup. Just my two cents.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I personally prefer it the way it is because I typically use very little base game equipment as it is once the mods start rolling out. Less base game stuff just means less sorting through the shop. I get the console argument of not having to use mod space but the OP is on PC and his complaint was more or less, "I dont like to download stuff".
Playing on PC and PS4
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:59 pm
StoneTheCrows wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:24 pm 1.5 mil sales says they made some good decisions.
I usually find that early sales (first 2 weeks or so) is mostly decided by good marketing decisions, not necessarily good game play decisions. We can only really tell if giants is making good game play decisions after the first major patch.
Yes for sure there could be a number of scenarios explaining the sales. I suggest it would seem to make at least a prima facie case they know what they are doing with their game in their market.

Meanwhile let's just congratulate them on their success. 1.5 mil sales for a niche simulator. Wow.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:11 pm
TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 am If its console issue then simply dont include those vehicle in basegame for console, instead leave it on modhub as it is, but pc players would only benefit from having it in base game.
So exactly how is that going to work with cross play? Try and engage brain before mashing limbs on keyboard.
before you comment on someone elses post try to think first. if you have no brain to use and cant think of way then surely means everyone else is stupid.
if pc is hosting then console players have to download mods.
there, was that so hard to think off?
ive seen you on many posts and always a smartass.
Someone has to be with so many "armchair genius" around.

I'll let you work out how to make something base game content and a mod at the same time, then code crossplay to recognise and resolve within the code. You can call it Schrodinger's Tractor.
cdaragorn

Post by cdaragorn »

ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 am
lol if ya say so console players make up a very big part of the player base if fs was pc only giants would lose millions $$$
It also costs them millions to develop the support for the console and maintain it along with the pc version. The math is never as simple as what you pay them for it.
fuall

Post by fuall »

cdaragorn wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 am
ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 am
lol if ya say so console players make up a very big part of the player base if fs was pc only giants would lose millions $$$
It also costs them millions to develop the support for the console and maintain it along with the pc version. The math is never as simple as what you pay them for it.
It doesn't cost them millions to develop the support for console. Minor changes to the PC version, and it's good to go.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 am
TheSarkY wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:11 pm

So exactly how is that going to work with cross play? Try and engage brain before mashing limbs on keyboard.
before you comment on someone elses post try to think first. if you have no brain to use and cant think of way then surely means everyone else is stupid.
if pc is hosting then console players have to download mods.
there, was that so hard to think off?
ive seen you on many posts and always a smartass.
Someone has to be with so many "armchair genius" around.

I'll let you work out how to make something base game content and a mod at the same time, then code crossplay to recognise and resolve within the code. You can call it Schrodinger's Tractor.
Again if you don't have anything smart to say. Don't say anything.
No one said its simple, only that it's possible. And I'm not gonna work it out, it's not my game and I don't get paid for it.
Last time I'm replaying to stupid comments from you. If you want to insult someone go to your school and do it.
Laur1112

Post by Laur1112 »

What is the point of having them all base game for pc when that would take away the ability to choose what you want to use and you have a decent choice of I believe 500 machines already in game and when it comes to maps some maps are to big to be used for both pc and console which is why they are put on the mod hub. You don’t have to use the mods it’s not forcing them on anyone it’s just giving people the choice to add more into there game and customise it to the way they want to play. If you want to do cross play console players would not be able to join in because some mods use script in them so can not be downloaded on console so by having the mod hub you have the choice and also having a lot more things built into the game would make the game a lot larger to download and take more space on the system weather it be pc or console also it would be a lot of extra work to code two different versions of the game one for pc that has all extra maps etc and one for console where as i suppose you could say taking the code and translating it to work for pc and console is in away a bit simpler because you don’t have large amounts of script that won’t work on console and won’t make cross play not possible they are just trying to make the game accessible for both markets without over complicating things so as if you have friends who play the same game but on console or pc they can join in.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:14 am
redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:59 pm
Yes for sure there could be a number of scenarios explaining the sales. I suggest it would seem to make at least a prima facie case they know what they are doing with their game in their market.

Meanwhile let's just congratulate them on their success. 1.5 mil sales for a niche simulator. Wow.
fair enough. The thing is, as much as this is a niche market, giants are really the only ones in it, so if you want a farming game your gonna buy fs22.
My Discord
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:15 am fair enough. The thing is, as much as this is a niche market, giants are really the only ones in it, so if you want a farming game your gonna buy fs22.
If only FarmVille was still around, that game could rival FS22 haha.

Seriously though, I miss that game.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 pm They’re forcing beehives on us too
I hate bees
bees are important to the balance of nature! love bees! or face extinction! :biggrin2:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:25 am
redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:15 am fair enough. The thing is, as much as this is a niche market, giants are really the only ones in it, so if you want a farming game your gonna buy fs22.
If only FarmVille was still around, that game could rival FS22 haha.

Seriously though, I miss that game.
Dude my grandpa had this massive dairy farm on that game. Still remember going to his house for dinner and watching him run his farm after. That was quite awhile ago eh?
My Discord
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

Laur1112 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:29 am What is the point of having them all base game for pc when that would take away the ability to choose what you want to use and you have a decent choice of I believe 500 machines already in game and when it comes to maps some maps are to big to be used for both pc and console which is why they are put on the mod hub. You don’t have to use the mods it’s not forcing them on anyone it’s just giving people the choice to add more into there game and customise it to the way they want to play. If you want to do cross play console players would not be able to join in because some mods use script in them so can not be downloaded on console so by having the mod hub you have the choice and also having a lot more things built into the game would make the game a lot larger to download and take more space on the system weather it be pc or console also it would be a lot of extra work to code two different versions of the game one for pc that has all extra maps etc and one for console where as i suppose you could say taking the code and translating it to work for pc and console is in away a bit simpler because you don’t have large amounts of script that won’t work on console and won’t make cross play not possible they are just trying to make the game accessible for both markets without over complicating things so as if you have friends who play the same game but on console or pc they can join in.
You totally missed point. Yes they did add new ones but they took away so many old ones, there are so many good things missing, they are reworking some of them to match fs22 and then putting them on modhub, yes now it's 4 mods but as time goes its gonna be much more.
And again I'm not talking about random mods, I'm talking about ones giants makes. Fs22 has 15gb installation, are you telling me additional for example 100 vehicles/equipment would take more than 5gb? And do you know how much it means for multiplayer when you don't have to bother downloading it or for consoles when they would save up space for actual mods?
You are probably just playing solo, and most people that play solo gonna have opinion like you.