Forcing mods on us

Kamn

Re: Forcing mods on us

Post by Kamn »

That's an ignorant point of view. I'd rather NOT have a bunch of vehicles I'm never going to use included in my base game unless they add an ignore forever option. Searching for a mod seemed to be your biggest complaint, so it seems more of a you thing than a Giants thing. But of course, this is basically my first FS game and I am really surprised of how much this community complains.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Kamn wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:27 pm That's an ignorant point of view. I'd rather NOT have a bunch of vehicles I'm never going to use included in my base game unless they add an ignore forever option. Searching for a mod seemed to be your biggest complaint, so it seems more of a you thing than a Giants thing. But of course, this is basically my first FS game and I am really surprised of how much this community complains.
I’ve played since fs15, still have 19 and I’m hoping to get 22 soon, no community if perfect and fs is no exception, this comes from two things I think, 1. There’s no much variety in how farms work that no two are exactly the same and so all the people who know even a little bit about farming often wish for the game to be more like what they’re used to (I’ve been guilty of that in the past having grown up around a farm and occasionally working on it) and 2. You’re typical keyboard warriors who complain about every little thing
The main thing I hope you take away from this Kamn is that there’s all kinds of complaining around this form but still plenty of good, helpful people (especially lisertan who was the community manager when I was most active on the forms but chaki seems to be doing great as well) and that you don’t let all the toxic and loud noise destroy a good game by a good company, hope you enjoy man and happy farming
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

Kamn wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:27 pm That's an ignorant point of view. I'd rather NOT have a bunch of vehicles I'm never going to use included in my base game unless they add an ignore forever option. Searching for a mod seemed to be your biggest complaint, so it seems more of a you thing than a Giants thing. But of course, this is basically my first FS game and I am really surprised of how much this community complains.
You dont see my point of view because its your first FS game and once you start playing multiplayer you will see what i mean, searching mods is not problem, but having 20 people search for mods and downloading it is.
MagicBoy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:26 pm
fuall wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:12 pm You'd think if somebody was bragging about their computer science degree, they wouldn't need to ask the person they're insulting how to do something computer related.
Where?

As you plainly didn't read above, I'm not bragging, just making the point I'm not a child as was alleged. Carry on making snide comments, I'll be here all day.
I dont really know what to tell you. im here throwing random solutions, with programing everything is possible you only need to think of a way but then you come and throw your "science degree" and think youre smartest guy in a world, started insulting and so on. you might be older in age but youre far behind mentally if you keep fighting with every person that comes on forum.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

In the words of the song "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

:lol: Don't worry Kamn, not everyone here is a grumpy old troll waiting for the next flaw in design to come thumping over a bridge lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

TheSarkY wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm You dont see my point of view because its your first FS game and once you start playing multiplayer you will see what i mean, searching mods is not problem, but having 20 people search for mods and downloading it is.
Where did you learn that fact?

I've got FS17 and FS19. Also self host a dedicated server for FS19, and now FS22.

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

MagicBoy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:23 am
TheSarkY wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm You dont see my point of view because its your first FS game and once you start playing multiplayer you will see what i mean, searching mods is not problem, but having 20 people search for mods and downloading it is.
Where did you learn that fact?

I've got FS17 and FS19. Also self host a dedicated server for FS19, and now FS22.

Are you really that self centered that you think all this guy does it talk to you? Look at the post he quoted, it literally has nothing to do with you.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fuall

Post by fuall »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:56 pm :lol: Don't worry Kamn, not everyone here is a grumpy old troll waiting for the next flaw in design to come thumping over a bridge lol
And don't worry Kamn, not everyone is a whinny whiner waiting for the next complaint to come to the developers rescue in a wambulance lol
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

farmboss is that you ?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

TheSarkY wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm

You dont see my point of view because its your first FS game and once you start playing multiplayer you will see what i mean, searching mods is not problem, but having 20 people search for mods and downloading it is.
Except they made it where you can hit one button and download the missing mods automatically so that point is moot
Playing on PC and PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

🍿 I just found this thread, I highly recommend a read, 9/10
lonny

Post by lonny »

Another point (I probably missing this discussion) is, that publishing a mod on modhub is (most likely) easy, quick and does not cost anything. Publishing a DLC for consoles is (most likely) not free and will take a lot longer. And you most likely have to pay for every single update of a DLC.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

But when there have to be a patch, they can add vehicles with the patch. No need for DLC.

The mods takes already 13% of the modspace 4 GB on Xbox Series X. Waiting for a map with 1 GB.

Ingame I have for testing a map with + 30 different machines and even more equipment and placeables and this is only 800 Slots (5000+ something is max). This is awesome!

But 4 GB Modspace is a xxxxx! And more a xxxxx, when most mods are by Giants instead of ingame by patch.

Yes I know, PC players don't understand.

In ten weeks the Modspace is full and maybe consoleplayer will stop downloading good and big mods or maps, because they will deal with space.

FS21 got 32 GB reserved Space and I think that's not the limit. Yes, Flight Simulator 2021 is by Microsoft themselves, but 4 GB .... OK, must be a fault, PS5 got 8 GB, but... why the limit?

The new consoles are designed to stream elements, instead to load everything before playing. There should only be a slot limit, but not a reserved mod space limit.

This is not a rant or want to be harsh, only my thoughts and I'm not a native English speaker ... Farm on!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

ltl.vamp wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 am
Yes I know, PC players don't understand.
Some console players don’t understand. For one you don’t need to download every single mod. As a pc player I would much rather pick and choose what I have rather than giants jamming new equipment into the game once a week and causing issues with lord knows what other mods, it’s tough enough when a big patch comes out.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yeah, I don't know many PC players that like stuffing 1500 mods into their folder. They might have multiple folders, but most of them start a savegame that they dedicate to and only download the mods that they need. It becomes a nightmare if you don't know how to read your log and fix issues. I personally haven't played a lot, but I only have two mod folders, a 433MB folder for singleplayer, and a 709MB folder for multiplayer. They probably won't get too big since I'm not worried about download locations disappearing anytime soon, I do mod more than I play though lol.

Some PC players do understand what console players are dealing with. I know a fair number of people who switched from console to PC, myself included. So it's not two divided groups of players, console players and PC players can relate in gameplay quite a bit more than most people think
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!