Tree removal?

Seedy

Tree removal?

Post by Seedy »

I wanted to put a building down, but there was a tree, I thought chainsaw?!? saw forestry mulcher in forestry list, doesn't appear to mulch anything bigger than a #2 pencil. :(
So I guess I could push the tree into the river...
GrimHuffer

Re: Tree removal?

Post by GrimHuffer »

For tree removal/cutting I use chainsaw to fell it then cut it up into sections and sell it to the sawmill. I grind the stump away with one of these horizontal bar mulcher/grinders. I've not have much luck with felling the tree then trying to mulch the wood (trunk/branches) with the horizontal bar mulcher/grinder. If you don't want the hassle of chopping it up I'd suggest using the vertical disc grinder, this allows you far greater control (and more importantly, cutting height) over the horizontal bar version and I have used this to grind up whole trees (once they are felled).

Word of caution though, cutting down trees is a little bugged. Best to save game before cutting anything down.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I can't get anything to remove the stump on the first tree I cut down, it won't let me cut any closer to the ground, and non of the tools I have tried do anything... the one stump grinder I tried took a little off the top, then stopped doing anything. This stump is sticking out of the ground almost as high as the front tire of my MF. Completely putting me off even trying any forestry.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Yeah, the first tree I tried must've been bugged, the second one seemed to work better. The first one was apparently made of depleted uranium, as the tree was about 69 tonnes. every branch was several tones, pieces no longer than my arm, and as big around were 300+ kg it was awefyul getting rid of it. (yay made $6000 selling wood for 4+hours irl work) :(
YRII

Post by YRII »

For 4+ hours in the forest, you can earn 500+ thousand euros
fuall

Post by fuall »

Sounds like forestry is more profitable than farming in this farming game.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

YRII wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:27 am For 4+ hours in the forest, you can earn 500+ thousand euros
Took me 4+ hours to do 2 trees.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pretty sure he's talking about with a tree harvester lol.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins