PC only / script mods causing crashes

deerefarm

PC only / script mods causing crashes

Post by deerefarm »

Ok I've downloaded several of the PC only mods, Field Cultivator Creator, Sleep Anywhere, Manual Attach and Better Time Scale - As examples. Now my game crashes, especially when I'm switching maps. When switching maps instead of going back to the main menu I get a CTD. Is this happening for anyone else?
Now to be certain I uninstalled all mods and tested them one by one, and sure enough any PC only / script mod is causing the crash.
So I switched my setting to display cross player only mods and those don't seem to be causing any problems. The new Case tractor, multifruit silos, the Rolland pack and so on all seem to be fine.

I'm playing on the Giant's version of the game and not Steam. Not that that should be the problem.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Eische

Re: PC only / script mods causing crashes

Post by Eische »

It is a known problem and Giants is already working on it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Considering these MODs seem to create the same reaction on every PC, how the hell did this get past the QA Testing?

Or even, how did this 'feature' end up in the game, did Giants not think PC players would use scripts in FS22?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

gordon861 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am Considering these MODs seem to create the same reaction on every PC, how the hell did this get past the QA Testing?

Or even, how did this 'feature' end up in the game, did Giants not think PC players would use scripts in FS22?
I want to know the same thing. How are these mods ending up past quality control especially if Giants know it's a problem. Why aren't they holding these mods and failing QA until the problem is found. Are Giants desperate to get mods out because the community are asking for mods? I'd rather have mods that work than have game breaking mods.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Because they do not crash your running savegame or damage it. Only if you exit your savegame, you will end up on desktop instead the main menu.

I guess that is why they still allowed them on Modhub. They just cause some inconvenience if you want to switch savegames. Nothing else.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Well something is causing my game to CTD when I'm playing with these mods installed and not just when I exit to the main menu. Sometimes I can go a long time without a crash and sometimes it happens fairly quickly. It's hard to reproduce, but it happens. And like I said earlier it only happens with these mods installed. If I uninstall them all is fine and I can play for hours.

I bet console players are laughing their butts off now as it's usually developing mods for consoles that has the problem.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

This issue has been in Farm Sim 22 since the day of release, it has nothing to do with the mod scripts. It is a known fault with Fs22 and is one that hopefully will be fixed in patch 1.2.

I don't have any of those mods installed and my Fs22 still quits to desktop most of the time... every now and again it will quit to the main menu.

So the issue cannot be those mods.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

This is a base game bug currently. It is not the scripts doing this. The bug is active for some users when running scripts. Giants are aware of it and has been addressed in the patch.

I myself am running the same scripts and have not had a single ctd.

I would suggest running a test. Deactivate the scripts and one by one reactivate them.

You also have to be aware that what you think could be the issue is not always the case. Some normal mods can actually cause the issue when mixed with another mod.

I'm not sure if you've done so but I would recommend activating the developer controlle panel and then having that open as the game and map loads.

With this open you can see if there are any errors in real time. Then go and look at the game log. As if there are some errors in there you will know what's broken and remove it. Or as I do try and fix it.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have only had it since adding the mods, but I have only ever had it quit to desktop when exiting a game not during it so for now I'm ok with that.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 pm I have only had it since adding the mods, but I have only ever had it quit to desktop when exiting a game not during it so for now I'm ok with that.
Are you using any mods, script based or not, that didn't come from the official modhub?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I’ve not run into that issue yet. I’ve got a fair few script mods from the MODHUB in my save games.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

ctb123 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:48 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 pm I have only had it since adding the mods, but I have only ever had it quit to desktop when exiting a game not during it so for now I'm ok with that.
Are you using any mods, script based or not, that didn't come from the official modhub?
Only ones off the modhub
brweick77

Post by brweick77 »

gordon861 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am Considering these MODs seem to create the same reaction on every PC, how the hell did this get past the QA Testing?

Have no clue, however it didn't start happening to me until after the update, I use Giants on PC no third party download before the update everything was fine for me except the overlays and the trucks.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Pre the update it happened all the time for me, since the update it now happens very rarely.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Happens from time to time while using modhub script mods