Fs19 courseplay vs autodrive

farmer887

Fs19 courseplay vs autodrive

Post by farmer887 »

Just getting into using courseplay. Have it seeding and running combines no problem, now working up to usng it to run the grain cart to unload the combine.
I've heard some use autodrive for this? Is it better than courseplay for running the auger wagon? I was thinking autodrive is better for hauling to a sell point etc.

How's everyone else using coursplay and autodrive to keep the combines moving?
Dagrump

Re: Fs19 courseplay vs autodrive

Post by Dagrump »

I have used both with the exception that I was using a tractor and trailer with AD to unload the combine and deliver directly to a silo. Either method will do unexpected things like AD running across a road to a different field and getting lost. Lately I have settled on using the grain cart function of CP and for the most part is reliable. But it too does weird things like being directly behind the combine that needs unloading and not able to find it. Move it just a bit and all is well. Probably the most frustrating thing CP will occasionally do is try to turn in front of the combine after the unloading is finished.

Even with the occasional quirks both mods are amazing. but at this point I use CP for the combine and grain cart. AD is does a very reliable job delivering the harvest to the silo.

Sort of laying back on playing FS22 until CP and Ad are available.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
farmer887

Post by farmer887 »

I got the courseplay working nice with the grain cart now and also with a trailer and selling directly to the silo.
I played around with autodrive to unload the combine while I run the combine and it worked once but that was it.
Was hoping I could drive the combine while it unload me but seems glitchy and difficult to setup.

What is the advantage of autodrive over courseplay as far as transporting goes?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

farmer887 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:09 am I got the courseplay working nice with the grain cart now and also with a trailer and selling directly to the silo.
I played around with autodrive to unload the combine while I run the combine and it worked once but that was it.
Was hoping I could drive the combine while it unload me but seems glitchy and difficult to setup.

What is the advantage of autodrive over courseplay as far as transporting goes?
I found AD running the corncart worked well for me, UK style so running tractor and trailer straight back to the barn. I was using the most recent release from the AutoDrive GitHub https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoDrive which I think helped.

As far as transporting, I found the AD method of laying down tracks and having it path-find between, like a sat-nav, easier than having to make CoursePlay courses for every field, or loading multiple courses in the right order.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
farmer887

Post by farmer887 »

I had some more luck with autodrive catching from the combine one cart load but it couldn't find path back to the truck to unload.
I must need to work on my tracks.. the tuck was able to drive to the sell point but couldn't come back even though I did a full loop recording.
Is there any way to delete all the tracks in one click?

Finding courseplay easier to learn but hopefully figure out the autodrive
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I don't remember that AutoDrive does the combine -> auger -> semi -> silo (If that's what you're doing?)

I did notice on the AutoDrive Discord that they are looking at FS22
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

To my knowledge there is no way to remove tracks with one click. Even with occasional quirks i use AD to unload combine and then unload in silo and return to field, Works very well for me. Y'all have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
romain53

Post by romain53 »

Hoe kan ik autodrive aan het werken krijgen is FS 19, ik speel in Ravensberg.
Heb al veel geprobeerd maar krijg het niet aan de praat
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Autodrive takes a bit of setting up for the network but once done it works really well for transport. For a lot of tasks like refilling spreaders ,unloading combine etc you can use Courseplay for the task then tell it to use Autodrive for the travel side. If you want to use a combine yourself and be unloaded by a worker then Autodrive is what you need.
If you are new to Autodrive have a look on Youtube for The Farm Sim Guy he has some good tutorials.
romain53

Post by romain53 »

Bedankt voor de info