FS22 - Dual joysticks + gamepad questions

Ravenblade86

FS22 - Dual joysticks + gamepad questions

Post by Ravenblade86 »

With FS22 out now I was thinking about picking out a pair of joysticks to do some forestry work. I did a fair amount in FS19 but never took the plunge so I've always been using a PS4 or PS5 gamepad, but if I did take the plunge now I have some questions and would like to hear what others think of using joysticks and if it's worth it if you like to do a bit of everything the game has to offer?

1) Thrustmaster T16000M or Logitech 3D Pro seems to be the go to option for joysticks with FS19 if you don't want to be spending boatloads of money, is this still the same for FS22?

2) I don't really want to be going down the steering wheel option (mostly due to the amount of space needed) and I much prefer using a gamepad than mouse and keyboard for regular gameplay, but if I go with dual joysticks for the forestry equipment etc. can I still switch over to the gamepad if I have a field to harvest or I need to drive to sawmill or anything like that?

3) How much can realistically be mapped onto two joysticks? Can you do everything including movement with them and a few extra keyboard bindings? Or would it be more advisable to just keep the joysticks for crane/forestry controls and keep the rest to gamepad or mouse and keyboard?
HillyFarms

Re: FS22 - Dual joysticks + gamepad questions

Post by HillyFarms »

So many good questions. Seems everyone who tried 2 joysticks is having too much fun?
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

1.) If you want a really cheap option...try getting two Logitech Attack 3 joysticks for a few €. They fit both left and right hands. I don't think they make them anymore but they are found used quite regularly.

2.) For each command in the controls menu there are two availiable fields to map your buttons. So using a controller + dual joysticks is not a problem. Thrustmaster wheels get recognised as a controller and already have a default mapping.

3.) It is possible to map everything to joysticks. You can use a button as a modifier to map multiple functions to the same button (like X + B or X + A buttons). But this would get confusing. The optimal way in my opinion is to use dual joysticks with a good wheel. That way it feels like you are in the cab operating the machine and you have plenty of buttons to map everything. Add a TrackIR and you will really get immersed and forget about the outside camera view :).
Matija

Post by Matija »

Hi everyone, I have dual joystick and street wheel for my pc. How I can play fs 22 with that? Can I even play with it?