Manure Heap ?

HC1Gunner

Manure Heap ?

Post by HC1Gunner »

I'm not sure why Giants removed the manure heap from all cow barns, if they were stating that you can't get both slurry and manure from the same barn or what. But I read somewhere in a Giants news post that said using construction you can place a "manure heap" silo/bunker at a barn.
I'm on my 2nd game, I've had two different barns, and placed a manure heap on all (3) sides as close as the games collision will allow. I've had over 200K of slurry, but Zero manure.

https://image.giants-software.com/1/hUxUZptK.jpg
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
JaGoose

Re: Manure Heap ?

Post by JaGoose »

You need to use the Manure heap extension under the silo extension section. Not the normal manure heap.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

JaGoose wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:36 pm You need to use the Manure heap extension under the silo extension section. Not the normal manure heap.
Thank you for making that clear.

Normally you get an extension of a silo when the capacity of the one you already have is insufficient. Since I do not have a manure heap already, I would have thought I would have to start with a normal manure heap, and then add an extension if I needed larger capacity.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

kahfs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 pm
JaGoose wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:36 pm You need to use the Manure heap extension under the silo extension section. Not the normal manure heap.
Thank you for making that clear.

Normally you get an extension of a silo when the capacity of the one you already have is insufficient. Since I do not have a manure heap already, I would have thought I would have to start with a normal manure heap, and then add an extension if I needed larger capacity.
Would have been nice for Giants to have made it clearer in game, I only found out myself by accident.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Anyone know the range it collects for? If it collects for more than one barn it would be nice to see what barns it connects to.
fuall

Post by fuall »

Is the slurry pit optional as well?
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Would have been nice with all the changes made in 22, if Giants would just made available pdf manual available. Yes the are doing the Academy: Tutorial Overviews, but nothing covering my manure heap. I had trouble figure out several things, only to discover them by accident. Each dept. could just written some "how things work" during creation, then QA or the community coordinators could have complied and released a manual for download. I can't really see where it would have taken much time on their part.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I still have yet to see a list of available commands (i.e. what buttons do what) I think it's irresponsible, and rude, to make your customers ask each other how to operate your game... this also assumes they even know
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

They should make you drive a scraper tractor for 2 hours a day every day thru the winter, with no brakes and a plastic bag full of straw instead of the proper seat cushion.
Aussiedag

Post by Aussiedag »

I placed manure heap beside my cow and pig barn and need manure for my greenhouses but the heaps give very little and you can't buy manure or use slurry in them. One big fail on Giants and very disappointing, frustrating and bloody annoying.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Aussiedag, we need more info here:
- which map are you playing on? Manure and slurry production can be different per map
- how many animals do you have?
- how much manure do your greenhouses require?
- are you using animal related mods like Enhanced animal system?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

It is frustrating that you really dont know if you are placing a manure silo close enough to connect to the pasture. I am on the Mars mission and the barns are inside a dome and you cant build inside the dome so I have to put a bunker outside and it is hard to choose a position that actually works. Do I need one for each pasture because they are too far apart or will one due. no idea how to tell.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Is it even possible to place a heap too far away? I thought it comes up with the message that you can’t place here if the extension is too far from a source.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I can only explain my experience. Two cattle pens one manure heap by each one, both get manure. Two pig pens, a manure heap by each one, only one gets manure. Deleted the one and moved it closer, now it gets manure.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder