Snow / Road Salt

FS Velocity

Snow / Road Salt

Post by FS Velocity »

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with still seeing snow from a distance when its not even there ( even on ground level )

But where its still showing the " Snow " was where I actually put the salt down but its seemed to have permanently kept it where the Road Salt went. Has anyone else had or having this issue?

Thanks

Cardos

Re: Snow / Road Salt

Post by Cardos »

I had the same issue, raised on the bug tracker and have had a response that it's resolved in the next patch.

I the meantime I had to get rid of the snow by painting the terrain (which wasn't too easy as had to be zoomed out pretty far to see the snow).
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Ah that’s good to know they are aware then! Thanks

Edit : found if you open the console and type gsAddSnow 1 let it set then do gsAddSnow -1 and it clears it.
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

FS Velocity wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:36 pm Edit : found if you open the console and type gsAddSnow 1 let it set then do gsAddSnow -1 and it clears it.
Nice one, thanks!
Bombuhr

Post by Bombuhr »

um, I have the dev console enabled but it doesn't recognize "gsAddSnow"?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I see the number "1" also - did you try with that?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Bombuhr

Post by Bombuhr »

Yes I tried that.

Bombuhr

Post by Bombuhr »

Figured why the command wasn't working. The game has to be launched with the "-cheats" in the launch option.

Confirm that the solution works for me too now.
J HARRIZ

Post by J HARRIZ »

Same issue but on a Mac. Present only where salt has been spread.

Not sure if its snow or salt, tracks and tyres become white and seems slippy so maybe it is snow, but I changed the snow height in the save game environment xml to 0 - however that made no difference. Is it possible that it is not snow and just the salt fill type not disappearing?

Does anybody know how to set the launch options (command line) on a Mac to enable "-cheats" so I can use the above console command to try and fix it?