Productions in long months are a joke

TacoFarmer

Productions in long months are a joke

Post by TacoFarmer »

Productions needs to be reworked. The production rate isn't set by daily output,it's set by monthly output. The bakery for instance,1 day month you get 2 pallets of bread a month,3 day months you get 2 pallets of bread a month,all the way to 28 day months you only get 2 pallets of bread each month.And all the productions have a set monthly output. You could buy multiples of the same production plant if you want, but that kind of makes 28 day months a waste.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Dairydeere

Re: Productions in long months are a joke

Post by Dairydeere »

That's unfortunate, hopefully it's changed to daily output. Especially since the point of more days in a month is to get more time to do things.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

The whole system is setup around (quantity) / (days in the month), this includes both the production, crop growth rate and costs. Crops will not grow faster with more days.

Production facilities have a limited throughput, if you want more throughput, build more facilities.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I don't know. Hasn't it got to be scaled to the months? That's how it's done in Seasons 19 (scaled to the season regardless of how many periods you have per season).
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:26 pm That's unfortunate, hopefully it's changed to daily output. Especially since the point of more days in a month is to get more time to do things.
I approve this message. *thumbsup*

Oddly enough things like honey and greenhouses produce per hour, or every couple of hours depending on what you're growing. I've got tomatoes coming out my a** and don't know what to do with them all as loading is such a pain.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 am I don't know. Hasn't it got to be scaled to the months? That's how it's done in Seasons 19 (scaled to the season regardless of how many periods you have per season).
That's the point he's trying to make though, it's not scaled to the months right now like Seasons. FS22, it's a fixed amount for each month regardless of how many days, whereas Seasons scaled the daily output to fit the number of days per month.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
NateS

Post by NateS »

It sounds like greenhouses may be set for each day where as production facilities are set per month... is this true?
PC & PS4
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

The same for the BioGas plant. The values you see in the recipes are for 1 day months. From some rough tests, it will take very roughly 10 Mega Liters of Silage to get the ROI of purchasing the 1MW BioPlant. So its actually quite a long term investment, only to be made IMO if you want to sell manure or slurry. You can place some small buildings on it's land once you buy it and it does have great garage space, along with the 2 large silage pits. However, by increasing the days/month, it gives you more time to farm silage to pay it off quicker.

I do approve of what Giants has done here. Its realistic. Just because you have more things to do by Changing Days/Month to a higher number, doesn't mean factories will work harder. It means you have time to earn more money through farming to buy more factories.

However, the megafail from Giants is not describing this properly. The number of production cycles per hour is fixed at 1 in the GUI. It actually is divided by the number of days per month. So, anyone being a bit crazy and playing 28 day months, will see only 1/28 of a production cycle per hour. Or in terms of bread, a few crumbs per hour.
theorigin

Post by theorigin »

I have posted an analysis in the german forum section about this issue. Here is the translation:

############

Hey everyone,

After several hours of playing, I noticed another problem and that concerns the production chains.

I thought to myself I would start with flour and bread production.
So far so good - bought a mill, bought a bakery - all together: € 146,000
Then brought in the first wheat harvests plus a bit of leftover barley from the starting field.

Now after 10 months I have harvested again and have another (potential) 86000L flour.
In the mill I can process 18,000L of wheat per hour (5 cycles / h * 24h with 150L consumption per cycle) and this results in 14,400L of wheat flour. So my mill would need just under 6 days for the 86,000L flour. That fits. If there were still 4 days of air until the next harvest.

Unfortunately bread production does not fit. From my first harvest + starter leftovers, I now have almost 40,000L of flour in the bakery. The bakery would need a little more than 9 days to bake them, as they only use 4320 flour per day (2 cycles / h * 24h * 90L consumption per cycle). That means I would have baked all the bread when my 3rd harvest is ready again. But then I haven't even processed the 2nd harvest. It would take another 20 days.

What am I getting at? The production capacities do not match the game settings / speed.
If I play with Seasons and hire 1 day / month, there is not enough time to process all the raw materials I have earned.

Alternative 1: I could now increase the days / month so that production has enough air, but the first production buildings in the chain would run "empty" and I still pay maintenance / operating costs on a daily basis.

Alternative 2: I could just buy more bakeries now and thus balance out the amount. I would then need a little more than 4 bakeries per grain mill. They would then process the flour in 6 days. But here there is a lack of 1st place and 2nd that would cost € 200,000, which I currently cannot pay (except with credit), since my raw materials are blocked in the bakery.

Alternative 3: I am selling the current harvest and practically skipping the season. The result would be that I would make a loss of around € 50,000 as if I were processing the raw materials.

Now you could say yes then sell the excess flour / grain. Well, that doesn't work either, because I had selected "automatically distribute" during the first production. Now the flour is unused in the bakery and can no longer be "tapped".

In my opinion, the setting "days per month" should be linked directly to a factor related to the production chains and the raw material consumption per cycle.

Using the example of my bakery and the flour consumption, I have extrapolated that for a season. I calculate a season with 10 months (latest possible sowing time & earliest possible harvest time - that varies depending on the fruit). Thus, a season has a potential production time of 240 hours (24 hours * 10 months).

This results in the following factors:

You can see very nicely in line 2 - for my current flour supply I would need 2 seasons to "work it off", as described in my case above, almost 20 days.

If the factor in the game settings were 1.98, as calculated in line 1, production would work this season. You can see the rest.

What does that mean?
The more days per month / season someone sets in the game settings, the less would be produced per day - production is quasi stretched or accelerated. The factor would also have to be linked to the selling price and the production costs per cycle, because otherwise someone sits around for 28 days, waiting for production and the maintenance / operating costs eat them up, since bread still costs the same (I'm going here now simply based on the maximum possible sales price).

This is only a calculation example for my wheat consumption with 4 middle fields, but I think we will not be able to avoid the SCALABILITY of the production buildings. Otherwise, at some point everyone will be sitting on raw materials that are stuck in the production buildings (apart from the upper limit of the production warehouse!), The costs will eat you up and, secondly, someone who, for example, will Set 28 days / month never made profit with current settings.

What do you think?

Is the scalability of the production building necessary or how do you solve your raw material surplus?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 am I don't know. Hasn't it got to be scaled to the months? That's how it's done in Seasons 19 (scaled to the season regardless of how many periods you have per season).
That's what I was thinking, same thing with animals in fs19 seasons. You could only load up the troughs for enough for 2 days, but total monthly feed was the same no matter if you were playing on 3 day seasons or 6 day seasons ect.

Personally I think it makes sense to have it the way it is right now.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

you would not for example expect a grain mill and a bakery to be the same output rate, that would be stupidity.

the output of a mill should be much greater, encouraging you to either:
build additional bakery/s.
sell excess flour to other places.
moderate inputs to the mill and only have it run for short periods.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

b101uk wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 am you would not for example expect a grain mill and a bakery to be the same output rate, that would be stupidity.

the output of a mill should be much greater, encouraging you to either:
build additional bakery/s.
sell excess flour to other places.
moderate inputs to the mill and only have it run for short periods.
Yes exactly. It would be like setting months to 28 days and expecting to get two harvests in a month. Everything has to be scaled to months or you undermine the idea of an annual cycle.

I like the idea the game is simulating production chains. It introduces a whole new set of logistical problems. You can't just 'fire and forget'. The processes have to be managed.