Forklift trucks

wadim999

Forklift trucks

Post by wadim999 »

Forklifts, do not load bales. In the shop.
paul_c

Re: Forklift trucks

Post by paul_c »

Probably because I've mostly done dairy farming, but I've never seen a forklift do a decent job of work on a farm in real life. Telehandler is king - I've forgotten how many times a little tweak with the tele, or the 4 wheel steer able to give a push to one side or another, has helped. Failing that, tractor loader but obviously its more limited physically (but cheaper).
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

As far as i know forklifts was thinked to move pallets, not bales. To move bales you must have a balefork attached to any of the following as you wish: front loaders, telehadlers, tractors with front loaders and wheel loader.
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One
crash

Post by crash »

In fs19 you could use pallet forks as spikes, no one does that.. if you want to use the pallet forks you ha e to put them under the bales I guess🤔
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

crash wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:20 pm In fs19 you could use pallet forks as spikes, no one does that.. if you want to use the pallet forks you ha e to put them under the bales I guess🤔
I never used a pallet fork as a spike, but spikes could be used as pallet forks.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I think you can "fork" a bale with the pallet forks, but whether the putting it down is harder, or there's other issues with carrying it, I don't know. I've done nudges with the side of the spikes too on non-bale items but the problem with bales is they tend to snag/stick at any angle. If you need to do nudges "in the field", I've often taken the bale spike off (the telehandler) and used just the headstock.

Its a shame the game doesn't support chains/slings too, that would be fun and useful in some situations with a telehandler.

The other attachments I don't see are a hydraulic bale grab and box cutter. For example you could have "box cut silage from a pit" which gives a small yield bonus to cows".
JovanyCross

Post by JovanyCross »

I used to help out on my uncle's dairy farm, and we were all about the telehandler life too! That nimble tweak can make all the difference, right? Never got my hands on a forklift for farm work, but I've heard some folks swear by it. And I stumbled upon Angus Lift Trucks recently, you can check them out at https://anguslifttrucks.co.uk/forklift-sales-uk/. They've got this cool range of forklifts. Wondering if anyone here has given those a shot on the farm? As far as I know, these services can do more than just that, but a more extensive range of services. Although it is better to clarify this point.
Last edited by JovanyCross on Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I've used https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 with https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 to move bales in the yard, I rationalise this as the action is possible in real life with attachments although the form isn't present in the game, the function is.
I'm a bit disappointed that Pascal Kurtz didn't include fork extensions on his 5 tonne Komatsu(https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022) so I could unrealisticly pick up 9 pallets of planks to save time.
Last edited by Gugernoot215 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
DerPrinz2525

Post by DerPrinz2525 »

I totally get what you mean about forklifts and their limitations. A while back, I was helping out at my uncle's farm, and we had this old forklift that was great for moving pallets around the barn. But when it came to loading hay bales, it was practically useless. The bales were just too awkwardly shaped and bulky for the forklift's forks.

We ended up using a used trailer we found online, which was a game-changer. It was much easier to load the bales onto the trailer by hand and then move them around the farm. It's funny how sometimes the simplest solutions, like a good old trailer, can be more effective than trying to make do with the wrong kind of equipment.
Last edited by DerPrinz2525 on Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

wadim999 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:46 am Forklifts, do not load bales. In the shop.
They do load bales I use them all the time. lol