Snow Tracks..

FarmerLee73

Snow Tracks..

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Before all you lovely people start shouting at me I did do a search before posting!!

I am sure you all know what I am going to say, no snow tracks? Bug or just FS22 not capable of such a thing?
fuall

Re: Snow Tracks..

Post by fuall »

It the Giants developers logic.
Alright, we finally have snow on the ground, should we add tire tracks?
Maybe later.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

You do get tyre tracks in the sky when hit by the train however... 😆
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Coming feature is FS25 :lol:
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:33 amjust FS22 not capable of such a thing?
The snow is basically the same as silage spilled onto the whole map, except it's painted white. Afaik, the game engine isn't capable of displacement like this:

That's also why the snow doesn't accumulate or melt, instead, it only despawns
KrS14

Post by KrS14 »

I noticed there were no tire tracks after my first experience with snow as well.

I was quite disappointed to be honest. Hopefully they can find a way to make it work, like normal ground has them, maybe a texture or something.
Xethm

Post by Xethm »

Gormett wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:41 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:33 amjust FS22 not capable of such a thing?
The snow is basically the same as silage spilled onto the whole map, except it's painted white. Afaik, the game engine isn't capable of displacement

Didn’t seasons on 19 leave snow tracks? At least on PC.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Xethm wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 am
I believe it did.
wafflehatjoe

Post by wafflehatjoe »

Xethm wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 am
Gormett wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:41 pm
The snow is basically the same as silage spilled onto the whole map, except it's painted white. Afaik, the game engine isn't capable of displacement

Sure did. But they probably didn't implement it cause it would have taken them way to much work to make it right. Think about how when FS19 was released so many people were pumped to have grass destruction, then they went and removed it rather than improve it, easier that way. As much as i love the Farm sim series generally most of the time i wish it was developed by another studio, to many lazy tendencies with giants. They rely on the awesome modding community to fix their broken/missing features.
Like seriously, creeping up on 3 weeks, the only "hotfix" that i've seen pop up... "Fixed launching the macOS version on Apple M1 based systems."...