Trees - How long do trees take to grow?

Boots

Trees - How long do trees take to grow?

Post by Boots »

I have cleared an area beside Timber time and the Sawmill
Planted trees at the timber mill
Does anyone know how long they take to grow (20 years - hope not - will be on FS42) ????

I see we have something like the TREX600 in game
It cuts the tree down and though it takes time eats the tree

This is a great game
PrincessJessi84

Re: Trees - How long do trees take to grow?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I haven't got into the forestry yet in 22 but I *think* I read 5 years for trees.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

But isn't Boots playing FS19? Cause the Trex hasn't arrived in FS22 yet....
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Boots

Post by Boots »

5 Years for trees to grow - OK thanks PrincessJessi84

I am on FS22 as I said something like the TREX 600

Kamn

Post by Kamn »

2 years, not 5. And that's ALL trees even though spruce and pine are the only ones that can be processed.
Boots

Post by Boots »

2 Years - even better
I see there are 12 types of tree saplings
Wonder what is the best type to plant?
Would it be easier to use the landscape tool to plant trees, and cut them down?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Kamn wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 pm 2 years, not 5. And that's ALL trees even though spruce and pine are the only ones that can be processed.
2 Yrs, that's not too bad I was worried like other that it would take a lot longer. I don't do much forestry but do want to do some because it's needed for the production chains.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I apologize for the misinformation. I believe I read it on a thread here on the forums but I could be mistaken. Either way, I am gonna be planting some trees very soon so I am very happy to hear its only 2 years. Growth hormones maybe?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Boots wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:15 pm 5 Years for trees to grow - OK thanks PrincessJessi84

I am on FS22 as I said something like the TREX 600

Ohh sorry, my bad :blushnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I know in FS19 it was 12 days to reach max tree growth. So that means trees grow much slower in FS22 (even with 1 day months that is 24 days or 2x as long. and even slower if you have more than a day per month).

I would like to know What Kamm meant when they said "And that's ALL trees even though spruce and pine are the only ones that can be processed."

The store sells sapling pallets in around 8 different varieties now (FS19 was only 1 before mods). It doesn't seem right that only two of them would be available for harvesting and not telling anybody. Can anybody confirm one way or the other?

This is important to me since I just planted 4 pallets of Birch the other day.
Boots

Post by Boots »

Trees growing see what I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZvZ6Iymfs

Thanks Farmer Klein
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Two take aways from watching this vid First, is that only spruce and regular pine can be cut by in game tree harvester. second, was a nice breakdown by one of his viewers which Farmer Klein pinned.

Pinned by Farmer Klein
Snajper 28
6 hours ago
Spruce has 3 phases of growth and each lasts 9 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill I got 8343l of wood.

Pine has 6 stages of growth and each grass 4 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill, I got 6408l of wood.

Stone Pinia has 3 phases of growth and each lasts 9 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill, I got 14535l of wood.

Birch has 5 growth phases and each lasts 5 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill I got 2379l of wood.

Oak has 3 phases of growth and each lasts 9 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill I got 12013l of wood.

I did not check willow and maple because they only germinated after 24 months.

Pagoda Dogwood has 3 growth phases and each lasts 9 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill, I got 654l of wood.

Shagbark Hickory has 4 growth phases and each of them lasts 6 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill, I got 9244l of wood.

American Elm has 4 growth phases and each lasts 6 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill I got 23534l of wood.

Cypress has 4 phases of growth and each lasts 6 months, after cutting and transporting to a sawmill I got 451l of wood.

Downy Servicebeery has 3 growth phases and each of them lasts 9 months, I have not been able to cut it, I have no data on liters of wood.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

A question I still have and I haven't seen an answer to yet, is if there is a price difference being paid at the mill for the different species types. RL prices are also based on the species (hardwoods usually paying more) , as well as diameter, length and defects.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

RED_Smith wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 pm A question I still have and I haven't seen an answer to yet, is if there is a price difference being paid at the mill for the different species types. RL prices are also based on the species (hardwoods usually paying more) , as well as diameter, length and defects.
I highly doubt it. In productions, wood is wood. Look at the disparity of wood volume in the above post. The non-processable trees seem to have the lowest yield...because you can cut them cur and ready them for sale MANY times faster than the "bendy trees".
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I am also guessing that it would be a great place for a modder to design a mod that take advantage of the tree type. Like a cabinet maker mod that only wants Maple, Oak, or birch for their cabinets and gets a premium price for the high end cabinets so they pay a little better for the high end wood.