Giants give us please ability to export objects with both uv channels

MrHector

Giants give us please ability to export objects with both uv channels

Post by MrHector »

Hallo Giants, i hope you take a look on this and really consider... First of all, this is not supposed to be offensive, so do not take anything like that, it is just my thoughts and opinions, which can make FS just much better than ever before...

So yet again you did many changes to shaders, tech... in FS22 which is of course great i love all the stuff you done, moving the game forward, it looks fantastic... The issue is, you again cut tons of great content from previous game for us with theese changes and made them unusable. In FS19 we had buildings array texture sets for buildings on maps which is no longer used in FS22 building shader so we can not use any of theese buildings. It is pretty easy to adapt them if only we had an option to export objects from i3d to whatever 3d program, yes we can do so into .OBJ but that one supports only 1 uv channel, and 2nd used for mask is lost, so it is impossible to make necessary changes to theese objects and keep the visuals. This means all the great maps out there will never come to FS22 with same design, which made them iconic... One option would be to make new 2nd uv but that is quite unthinkable at this stage of them for each single one, the amount of time that would take. Yes i can make my own buildings, which i ofcourse did for those it was necessary, i was working on a big map project over last year and a half, it was supposed to be released for FS19 but it took much longer than i expected and yet need a lot of work so it makes the most sense to do it for FS22, i really spent several hundred hours just on buildings i needed to create and used many buldings from Flesbrunn which fits very well for central european map i am working on, It took so much because quality is important to me, i wanted to match quality and performance aspect of your objects so you can imagine how long it would take to make new objects for entire map for one person, quite unthinkable as well. Another issue is that there is no replacement for many of theese Felsbrunn objects from current FS22 maps, since they have very different style, none which would fit central europe, except Erlengrat there are some nice pieces but still missing a lot...

So that is my issue with 2nd uv export. Please Giants i appeal on you, consider adding other format to export objects for future updates of GE 9... which can handle more uvs, we alredy can export objects so why can not we do so with more channels? maybe .FBX? which we can import into Giants editor but not vice versa, or maybe a plugin for 3d programs so they can import i3d or whatever. I do not know what it takes to do so, maybe it is not easy... but i am sure it is possible. I think you should really consider this. It is not just me i bet i am speaking for many others who are in same or simillar situation, because in this case you do not really think on us modders as you say...

Other than that i really appreciate your work, doing great job, keep it up. Thanks!

Maybe there is some way to export both channels, i also spent a lot of time searching for this answer and trying myself already some time ago and now so i do not think it is currently possible, maybe somebody knows, if so your help is welcome.