No visible paint wear even at 100%

Nowak

No visible paint wear even at 100%

Post by Nowak »

Hello is that an option I accidentally turned off? Tractor implements, absolutely anything doesn’t show any visible paint wear. I got 100% paint wear and looks pristine. Please help that just lost of immersion.
BigTim

Re: No visible paint wear even at 100%

Post by BigTim »

Im fairly sure after i repaired and repainted a tractor i had, its was like really shiny. I really don't remember it looking like that, it was dull looking when I bought it used and it had over 39 hours on it. How old is the equipment you're referring to? Maybe it's not old enough.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Paint wear only seems to affect the black metal parts, e.g. 3 point connector mech, steps etc. Mine are gradually turning silver as they wear. The body work however remains pristine and shiny after I wash off the mud - no wear or damage at all.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Unless I am wrong, most modern tractors have fiberglass bodies or other lightweight materials designed to withstand years of use. They wouldn't rust or chip.. it would fade and show light scratches but anything that would hit hard enough to actually chip or damage it, isn't simulated in this game. The black parts are painted metal which would show obvious signs of wear from being in the elements and small debri bouncing and being thrown into it.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I also think it has a lot to do with licensing. I doubt John Deere, or anyone else, wants their brand new "showpiece" tractor to show damage and look all banged up and rusty. For example if images of the 8RX or X9 1100 combine, looking like they had been through the wrecker, started showing up all over the internet I imagine Deere would pull the license pretty quickly. Even if it is only a game they want their brands to look good in it.
Can't remember if it was Millennial Farmer or Welker Farms that dinged a piece of "showcase" equipment. But they fixed it up pretty darn quickly.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

My Case IH 7240 Pro is showing some paint wear on the rear fenders after about 10 hours of use, but haven't noticed anything on my other tractor yet, a Zetor Promixa with about 8 hours of use.
crash

Post by crash »

It's only on the "frame parts" i.e front and rear hitch, ladders, Fuel tanks, underbody, fuel tanks, and engine, there's a water hose that has paint missing on a 6250R🙈
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I've noticed my Class tractor is starting to look a little dinged and scratched after about 10hrs or in game play, but my John Deere still looks pristine and has the same amount of hours. Incidentally I was reading the tractor care / maintenance page and JD recommends keeping a can or two of touch up paint around for scratches and dings. As for things like plow, they recommend greasing the boards prior to winter storage or using their own "spray" to prevent rust.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms