Glitches in field creation

Flar

Glitches in field creation

Post by Flar »

Like some of you may know the plowing has an option to create fields or not.
I decided to try it with fields 1 and 2 on Haut Beyleron et i decided to erase
most parts of the original field 2 to be able to extend field 1 to a more generous size.

The plowing did not indicate any problem nor the field information popup nor the menu.
But when i tried to fetilize my new bigger field 1 it would glitch like crazy suddently;
visually the field would appear spraid with fertilizer only on the parts that extend beyond his original size,
but in the menu field view it would indicate that only the parts of the original field 1 were highlited.

The creation of new fields by plowing is an interesting concept to min max te zoning of the fields,
but for now it's still too glitchy to use as is.
Shintai

Re: Glitches in field creation

Post by Shintai »

You need to report it as a bug via the feedback.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

What system are you on?
Are you running ay mods that could affect it?

I have done a lot of ploughing, joining fields and extending them. I have not run into anything like you are reporting. However, I have not tried with fields 1 and 2. I have joined 38 and 39. and 40 to 43 are now one big field. 37 and 35 have been extended to make better use of the space.

The first time you plough and fertilise it can look a bit strange. If you plough growing grass, the game will give you a fertiliser state, but if you plough over say a dirt road you will not get a fert state. So, the first time you join 2 fields that are separated by a dirt road, you will get the field boundaries shown up as fertilised, but where the road was, will not be fertilised. However, I have always found that by putting fert down after ploughing, then again after seeding, the fert state for the whole area sorts its self out. Then after your first harvest, on the merged bit, everything is fine.

I am not trying to say the OP does not have an issue, but just mentioning that for me, its working as intended. So perhaps they have a mod that is causing issues? On PC, there are many of the dodgy mod sites offering what can only be described as complete junk mods already, which will fill the log with errors as they have been poorly converted.
Flar

Post by Flar »

OP here, no mods installed, game up to date on steam.
Glad to hear the glitch does not occur on every field on all maps.
Originally between field 1 and 2 on haut Beyleron there is a ground road.
i 'm gonna check the report bug option.
PDX-Mike

Post by PDX-Mike »

farmer_bell wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:53 am What system are you on?

I have done a lot of ploughing, joining fields and extending them. I have not run into anything like you are reporting. However, I have not tried with fields 1 and 2. I have joined 38 and 39. and 40 to 43 are now one big field. 37 and 35 have been extended to make better use of the space.

The first time you plough and fertilise it can look a bit strange. If you plough growing grass, the game will give you a fertiliser state, but if you plough over say a dirt road you will not get a fert state. So, the first time you join 2 fields that are separated by a dirt road, you will get the field boundaries shown up as fertilised, but where the road was, will not be fertilised. However, I have always found that by putting fert down after ploughing, then again after seeding, the fert state for the whole area sorts its self out. Then after your first harvest, on the merged bit, everything is fine.

I am not trying to say the OP does not have an issue, but just mentioning that for me, its working as intended. So perhaps they have a mod that is causing issues? On PC, there are many of the dodgy mod sites offering what can only be described as complete junk mods already, which will fill the log with errors as they have been poorly converted.
After you joined the fields, do they still show up as two field numbers on the map? Can you use the helper/AI to fertilize/sow/harvest the ONE field?
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

PDX-Mike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:03 pm
farmer_bell wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:53 am What system are you on?

After you joined the fields, do they still show up as two field numbers on the map? Can you use the helper/AI to fertilize/sow/harvest the ONE field?
The fields will still show up on the map with their respective numbers. So in my case, If I look on the map, I can still see individual field numbers for all the fields I joined. However, the AI treats the joined fields as one single field. So, yes, the helper will work the 2 joined fields as one.
If you look on the map to see fert states, or crop growth, the whole area will show as one field.
In my example above, Where I joined fields 38 and 39, the AI now treats both fields as one big field, and they can do all field operations on it with no issues.
lost_dorsai

Post by lost_dorsai »

Hi farmer_bell

What sizes do your joined fields have?
I joined 38 and 39 in one and 41 and 42. All works ok - game treats them as one field but size of every new field is SMALLER than sum of area of their parts before joining… it’s weird because it should be a little bigger (add road). In FS19 it works perfectly ok with joining and sizes.
raran

Post by raran »

If you plow in verges they act differently with fert-states the first time around. Next year you should get a nice even surface.