Acreage Count

austinm53

Acreage Count

Post by austinm53 »

I've noticed the acreage count in this game is way off. I worked what the game said was a little under 1 acre, but IRL it would've been closer to 4 or 5 acres. Hope Giants fixes this.
b101uk

Re: Acreage Count

Post by b101uk »

are you sure you are not confusing hectares for acres:
1 hectare = 2.471054 acres

1 hectare = 10,000m2
1 acre = 4,046.856m2

and FS correctly converts one from the other, and you can switch from hectare to acre in the options (area units)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

Yes i am sure, I have my measurement set to acres, not hectares.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

austinm53 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:39 am I've noticed the acreage count in this game is way off. I worked what the game said was a little under 1 acre, but IRL it would've been closer to 4 or 5 acres. Hope Giants fixes this.
How and where did you calculate the area?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I have found that there's a little bug in the game. I have my game set to acres, but every time I start up my game and look at the contract page, the field sizes are always set in hectares. I have to go back to the options, change my settings back to hectares and immediately back to acres, and then the field sizes in the contract page will be shown in acres. Maybe that's what you're seeing.
Playing on PS4
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

OnlyMe wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:11 pm I have found that there's a little bug in the game. I have my game set to acres, but every time I start up my game and look at the contract page, the field sizes are always set in hectares. I have to go back to the options, change my settings back to hectares and immediately back to acres, and then the field sizes in the contract page will be shown in acres. Maybe that's what you're seeing.
Think you may be correct. There is a similar issue with the Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures where you have to use the same workaround you mention to show the correct value.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

You can use one of the scripts in RealLifeNumbers to get a list of farmland and field sizes in hectares printed to your log file. You can comment out all the other scripts in the mod, if you don't want them and set the priceScalings to one, if you don't wan't to alter field prices from 60000 per Ha.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)