The in game forestry mulcher is a piece of absolute trash. Don't buy it

SimpleFarmer

The in game forestry mulcher is a piece of absolute trash. Don't buy it

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I've spent a half hour chasing pieces of wood around. Now they're all breaking the game graphics and having huge rays of light come out of them. Tried all the different mulchers, they're all junk. Now to go see if the easy dev mod that's in mod hub will let me delete pieces of wood.
Shintai

Re: The in game forestry mulcher is a piece of absolute trash. Don't buy it

Post by Shintai »

Report it as a bug via the feedback.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:50 am I've spent a half hour chasing pieces of wood around. Now they're all breaking the game graphics and having huge rays of light come out of them. Tried all the different mulchers, they're all junk. Now to go see if the easy dev mod that's in mod hub will let me delete pieces of wood.
That's not a fault with the mulcher. Trees are bugged just now and those spikes/rays you speak of can also happen if you chop it up with a chainsaw. Giants are aware of it and they should (hopefully) have a fix in the upcoming patch later this month.

I will agree with you though, the mulchers do have an annoying tendency to slice to tree like you would carve a roast! Slice after slice after slice. Best way I have found to combat that is to take it real slow, grind a bit, back out, grind a bit, back out. Turns a supposedly quick job into a chore though.

You (well not the IRL you, well...maybe, I don't know) can lift 200kg. I find it much easier to chop the tree up into decent size sections and throw them into a trailer and sell them at the sawmill. With a bit of practice you can fell, cut, load trailer and grind the stump of a medium sized tree in less than five minutes, big trees like large oaks with many thick branches take a while longer but worth it for the extra credits.
Last edited by GrimHuffer on Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

Machine is amazing and im pretty sure its not really its fault but trees being buged.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

TheSarkY wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:36 pm Machine is amazing and im pretty sure its not really its fault but trees being buged.
The machine and mulcher are very beautiful machines, I was quite excited to use it. But I spent about an hour chasing bits of wood around with it trying to grind them away. And they were only from like 4 trees, so I can't imagine trying to clean up a logging operation with it. The post above is right, it's actually faster to load all the little pieces up and drive them to the sawmill. I guess I was just expecting it to be like the Trex600 or whatever that thing in fs19 was.
I couldn't find a way to delete items either.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:28 am
TheSarkY wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:36 pm Machine is amazing and im pretty sure its not really its fault but trees being buged.
The machine and mulcher are very beautiful machines, I was quite excited to use it. But I spent about an hour chasing bits of wood around with it trying to grind them away. And they were only from like 4 trees, so I can't imagine trying to clean up a logging operation with it. The post above is right, it's actually faster to load all the little pieces up and drive them to the sawmill. I guess I was just expecting it to be like the Trex600 or whatever that thing in fs19 was.
I couldn't find a way to delete items either.
i was cleaning and i had bug once as person said, but other than that no problem, you just have to raise front and then lower it on top of log, really simple, you dont just lower it and chase log .