Vehicle Repairs - regular customer discount

StoneTheCrows

Vehicle Repairs - regular customer discount

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I've just noticed at the repair shop the price to bring up vehicle/ tool maintenance to 100% is not the price you pay.

E.g. I placed a mulcher in the trigger area and opened up the dialogue box. Cost of repair €502. I select repair, message box opens - 'Do you really want to repair the vehicle for €446?'

It's a 10% discount.

I think they've just taken pity on me because I'm the poor sap whose paid €28000 for repairs on a second hand tractor THEY sold me. Or maybe it's a trick to get me into having it repainted 😲😨

NB - checked this with two tractors now and it's the same deal.
BigTim

Re: Vehicle Repairs - regular customer discount

Post by BigTim »

Interesting and i havent even noticed this yet. I paid several thousand to get a second hand Massey Ferguson repainted. 😂
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Will have to pay attention to this. Also paid 12k to fix up the used grape harvester we got. It only cost us about 105k (repairs included). Loving that they returned the sale system, it's exciting, we never know what we're buying next. :D
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

I too have noticed that.

Tested on a new start/map and it's the same and so doesn't seem to be related to how many times you have visited. Not worked out the discount though, has yours always been 10%?
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Tbh I've only just noticed. Its approx 10%.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

u2020bullet wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:37 pm Will have to pay attention to this. Also paid 12k to fix up the used grape harvester we got. It only cost us about 105k (repairs included). Loving that they returned the sale system, it's exciting, we never know what we're buying next. :D
Yes me too. Its like buying a lottery ticket. You never know what you might get. I've got a great medium tractor I would never have afforded on a new save.

I hope they turn second hand sales into somethjng like the garage in Gran Turismo.
crash

Post by crash »

Base price seems to be higher in a workshop you own, at least the I game ones🤔
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

crash wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm Base price seems to be higher in a workshop you own, at least the I game ones🤔
I tried to replicate this (on Elmcreek) using the map workshop and the standalone workshop you can buy from the building tab. However, I couldn't see a difference between the two. I looked at three vehicles needing repairs, all three prices were reduced (I can confirm) by 10% regardless of where you repaired it, either map workshop or store bought workshop.

I'm not saying you're wrong just that I couldn't replicate it. Infact, I was hoping to see a difference as it would go along nicely with fuel prices. For example, if you fill up a farm fuel tank you are charged £1375 per 1000l, if you go to the fuel pump on the map you pay less at £1250 per 1000l. I put this extra cost of farm fuel to be a 'convenience' surcharge. I was hoping a workshop you own would be similarly more expensive than the map workshop as this would support the suggestion that 'convenience' was something Giants thought we should have to pay for.

Hope that makes some sense.
crash

Post by crash »

I just check myself, I think the "problem" is that the drive from the store and home cost 20$ in repairs, I.e I drove back and forth a couple of times and it was getting more and more expensive, naturally🤣

1040/945store
1064/967 farm
1085/984store
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway