It would be nice to have...

briansommers

It would be nice to have...

Post by briansommers »

I enjoy FS22 overall, lots of fun.

#1.
a building delay or construction sequence. I find that buildings appearing instantaneously really kills the realism for me.

Now, I admit I can "delay" the building by telling myself I'm wanting to build a _____________
and then determining how long it would take and when x amount of days go buy then I put it on my map.

But it would be awesome if we could have a building sequence built-in (and yes togglable in settings) where it would show stages of the building going up over time.

Not everything should be available all the time in the store to buy. It would be fun to have some things being not available for several game days, etc.

the amount of bees you have does not determine their distance. It doesn't matter if you have five hundred or five million bees they will still fly out around 6 miles. (When I was much younger I had 20 hives of Italians). The reason you get more beehives is NOT to extend the distance they fly it's to increase your honey production. And if we're talking bees it would be nice to have different output. With bees, you can make, of course, honey, candles from the wax, pollen, and comb honey, and possibly creamed honey. You could put a "beehouse" as part of the production line and it could produce all of the above for you.
Mooro

Re: It would be nice to have...

Post by Mooro »

briansommers wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 am I enjoy FS22 overall, lots of fun.

#1.
a building delay or construction sequence. I find that buildings appearing instantaneously really kills the realism for me.

Now, I admit I can "delay" the building by telling myself I'm wanting to build a _____________
and then determining how long it would take and when x amount of days go buy then I put it on my map.

But it would be awesome if we could have a building sequence built-in (and yes togglable in settings) where it would show stages of the building going up over time.

Not everything should be available all the time in the store to buy. It would be fun to have some things being not available for several game days, etc.

the amount of bees you have does not determine their distance. It doesn't matter if you have five hundred or five million bees they will still fly out around 6 miles. (When I was much younger I had 20 hives of Italians). The reason you get more beehives is NOT to extend the distance they fly it's to increase your honey production. And if we're talking bees it would be nice to have different output. With bees, you can make, of course, honey, candles from the wax, pollen, and comb honey, and possibly creamed honey. You could put a "beehouse" as part of the production line and it could produce all of the above for you.
#1 is a great idea.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

#1 is a really good idea. It would certainly increase immersion for those who like the RPG aspect of a sandbox.

#2 yes also agree with this. You ought to be able to buy any new model at a dealer. But old models should be available more randomly - I have in mind the way Gran Turismo runs the second hand dealership. Its mad that I can go to the shop and buy a brand new, 30 yr old tractor.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

the #1, you are in the wrong game

the #2, is just to put a reputation system, as you buy things, sell your production and finish contracts, you get the reputation, when you fail contracts or buy fields with advanced crop stage, you lose reputation
then, doing X number of contracts, sell X amount of X product, buy X number of machines, will increase the reputation and subsequentially, unlock tools. for some machines, specific missions, and/or X amount of reputation
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I agree with all of these points, especially the first two. A delayed build time option would be nice, some people want to have their buildings spawn automatically, but seeing stages on a building would add so much immersion. And the unavailability of certain machines at certain times would certainly increase realism and represent supply and demand of older models
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!