black beauty from survey =~ steam dlc?

alanarientiziech

black beauty from survey =~ steam dlc?

Post by alanarientiziech »

I've take my fendt black beauty on the modhub with the key they sent to me, but, the dlc from the steam is not in my library!
If I change my disc or something else, I will lose my black beauty? since there is no login or register inside the game, I wonder what will happen then...

it's just a doubt!
u2020bullet

Re: black beauty from survey =~ steam dlc?

Post by u2020bullet »

That's what i'd like to know as well. I'm hoping it still somehow ties it to our game copies.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

You have to enter the code in game.
Dowloadable content then the tab with key, under DLC, unlock item.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

strauts6 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:50 pm You have to enter the code in game.
Dowloadable content then the tab with key, under DLC, unlock item.
I think he's got the tractor installed. His question as I understand it is whether it would transfer it to a new PC or if he reinstalls Windows, as the code isn't linked in Steam (or presumably to any other version of the game).

Would the code work multiple times or just once?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I emailed giants the other day in regards bc I have a new system enroute so I don't know if I can redeem the code twice
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:06 pm I emailed giants the other day in regards bc I have a new system enroute so I don't know if I can redeem the code twice
Do let us know if they answer please.
lans

Post by lans »

I used the same code on Xbox and PC - worked fine, no "been used already" errors.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

alanarientiziech wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 am
I think I understood what you asking. You received a key from Giants probably in email and that key you can use it to download the dlc from Giants eshop, correct?
If yes, then you won't see it on Steam's library because you haven't bought it from Steam.
What you need to do is this:
1. SAVE the key, print it out, do everything in order to not loose it.
2. Download the dlc from Giants eshop.
3. Go to this path: Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\pdlc and place the dlc you downloaded.
4. Now the dlc is in your game.

Let's say you will buy a new pc. You already bought the game from Steam, correct? OK, now install Steam, install FS22 again, go to Giants eshop and download the dlc again and place it again in the path:
Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\pdlc

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions let me know.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:02 pm
alanarientiziech wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 am
I think I understood what you asking. You received a key from Giants probably in email and that key you can use it to download the dlc from Giants eshop, correct?
If yes, then you won't see it on Steam's library because you haven't bought it from Steam.
What you need to do is this:
1. SAVE the key, print it out, do everything in order to not loose it.
2. Download the dlc from Giants eshop.
3. Go to this path: Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\pdlc and place the dlc you downloaded.
4. Now the dlc is in your game.

Let's say you will buy a new pc. You already bought the game from Steam, correct? OK, now install Steam, install FS22 again, go to Giants eshop and download the dlc again and place it again in the path:
Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\pdlc

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions let me know.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
it says that the key is incorrect, thanks anyways
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've just tested this on a fresh Windows install, and the Fendt Black Beauty (and any other similar bonuses you have) aren't tied to your game, Steam or Epic and so on. Where they are stored is in a file in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022 in a file called extraContent.xml, where the key used to unlock your content is listed.

If you reinstall Windows or move to a new PC then make sure you backup this file to restore your extra content (alongside your mods, savegames and settings if you so desire).