Removing Grape Vines

FarmerNeen

Removing Grape Vines

Post by FarmerNeen »

So playing on the French Map, PC, and I just completed my first Grape Harvest and just had a couple of questions,

Anyone figure out the best way to plant the vines and get them close so that your only doing one pass between the rows?
The other thing is if your no longing wanting to continue farming grapes or olives how do you remove the vines?

I used the the demolish option in the construction menu and then I noticed I had to use a plow and use the allow fields options to make this work just curious if I'm doing something wrong or that's the only way to do it?

Quite an investment and if you decide to farm grapes and olives your in it for the long haul.

Cheers.

Further to my post above, I sold the field and I moved on to next month, the field now has wheat planted in it but the vines are still planted in the ground.
u2020bullet

Re: Removing Grape Vines

Post by u2020bullet »

From my own experience, there is no way to plant them so you only do one pass. You'll be doing 2 passes, each row from each side.
fuall

Post by fuall »

Maybe it didn't occur to the developers that people might want to replace a vineyard with a normal field.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

go to building mode (construction or whatever its called) and there is a demolish button on the far right hand side (its red with an X on mine, assuming they all are) and use that to delete your grapes/olives.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
sila0164

Post by sila0164 »

You only need to do one pass at the default minimum width.
I tried the perfectionists way on one half of a field (getting close to the vines, two passes per gap), and the slobs way on the other (one pass through the middle of each gap).

Both sides yielded the same.

And you can delete them with the demolish tool in the placeable part of the shop. You can even hold left mouse click and drag on top of them to remove them quicker.